Board index
It is currently Sun Oct 22, 2017 1:23 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Talladega Oct 2017 - Schedule, Chatter, Etc
PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:54 pm 
Addicted Stalker

TALLADEGA
Friday October 13
12:00pm-12:55pm Truck Series Practice (FS1)
1:00pm-1:55pm Cup Practice (NBCSN)
2:00pm-2:55pm Truck Series Final Practice (FS1)
3:00pm-3:55pm Cup Final Practice (NBCSN)

Saturday October 14
10:30am Truck Series Qualifying (FS1)
1:00pm Truck Series fred’s 250 (94 laps, 250.04 miles) (Stage 1 ends after lap 20, Stage 2 ends after lap 40) (Green Flag at 1:22pm) (FOX)
4:15pm Cup Qualifying (NBCSN)

Sunday October 15
2:00pm Cup Alabama 500 (188 laps, 500.08 miles) (Stage 1 ends after lap 55, Stage 2 ends after lap 110) (Green Flag at 2:19pm) (NBC)

Post subject: Re: Talladega Oct 2017 - Schedule, Chatter, Etc
PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:36 pm 
Stalker

Sunday: NHRA at 1pm Central on FS1.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:22 am 
Addicted Stalker

Thanks!!! Daboadayas!!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 1:35 am 
Brainwashed Stalker

I feel bad for Jr.

Because of NASCARs past race maipulation, you never know if a win is really legit.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 1:35 am 
Addicted Stalker

RacerX wrote:
I feel bad for Jr.

Because of NASCARs past race maipulation, you never know if a win is really legit.

Well, JR didn't win so your case is shattered... It was however pretty amazing that NASCAR made all those wrecks around Jr. and fixed it so he escaped everyone of them.... :roll:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 1:37 am 
Addicted Stalker

I think that was the smallest finishing field I have ever seen for NASCAR.... like 12 whole cars....

The stands were absolutely packed...I guess they got their moneys worth if they were there for the wrecks...

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:00 am 
Pron Star

mudslinger47 wrote:
RacerX wrote:
I feel bad for Jr.

Well, JR didn't win so your case is shattered... It was however pretty amazing that NASCAR made all those wrecks around Jr. and fixed it so he escaped everyone of them.... :roll:

His comment was about all the :tin: idiots who were already saying those things....

and...he did not 'escape' all of the wrecks; thus the issue on the last laps as he ran into his teammate's rear bumper during the cluster that happened with Chase and Daniel....

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:42 am 
Brainwashed Stalker

mudslinger47 wrote:
I think that was the smallest finishing field I have ever seen for NASCAR.... like 12 whole cars....

The stands were absolutely packed...I guess they got their moneys worth if they were there for the wrecks...

How many red flags?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:53 am 
Brainwashed Stalker

mudslinger47 wrote:
RacerX wrote:
I feel bad for Jr.

Yeah yeah yeah....and I knew a guy who won big in Vegas, so that shatters the case that the odds favor the house. :banghead:

If NASCAR didn't manipulate the races so much, there wouldn't be so many people with legitimacy questions.

But, they do. So, there are.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:05 am 
Indicted Stalker

There were at least three red flags. That race - I hesitate to even call it racing - was shameful for NASCAR. I guess it's a good thing NASCAR has no shame these days. I didn't watch, I listened as we were outside burning a woodpile and doing some general brush cleanup that was long overdue.

On the upside, NASCAR got them lots of footage for ticket sales advertisements next year. I hear the crowd was good, but everybody knows why that was the case. This was the last time an Earnhardt was going to be racing at Talladega. An Earnhardt worth a damn at any rate. I came close to going myself, just to see it one more time. I'll just have to live on memories of a special race weekend at that joint back in 1999.

Ya know, I remember the first time I took the family to Talladega. Four tickets, I think the prices came to $300 and that was before we filled the car, bought the camping gear and the food and everything else we needed to do a four day race weekend up there.

I had a lot to lose if the guy I went to see run well or win, got wrecked out and never had the chance at either. This was back in the mid 90's and it wasn't cheap then.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:29 pm 
Addicted Stalker

So there we have it, two guys that didn't watch criticizing the race.... Yeah, it amazes me.... You don't watch it cause you don't like it, I get that, but to not watch and criticize what you didn't see totally befuddles me....

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:43 pm 
Brainwashed Stalker

mudslinger47 wrote:
So there we have it, two guys that didn't watch criticizing the race.... Yeah, it amazes me.... You don't watch it cause you don't like it, I get that, but to not watch and criticize what you didn't see totally befuddles me....

I watched the last crash to the finish.

That's all I needed. No need to waste time on the entire farce. Unlike you. :wave:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:40 am 
Addicted Stalker

That's why I record it.... to watch, commercial free.... but my statement still stands, I'm no less befuddled...

I understand not watching it cause you don't like it, I do the same for Football, Basketball and baseball... they're all ridiculous, grown ups getting paid for a kids game and yahoos paying to see it and then the players whine about it... I see the whining but that's about it and I rarely ever comment .... why? because I don't watch the games... that's why I don't understand..

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:05 am 
Indicted Stalker

mudslinger47 wrote:

That's lame, even for you. Just because I tuned in with my ears, instead of on my ass with my eyes I don't know what I'm talking about?

I was at Talladega and saw this.

Right where Earnhardt hit the wall, I was directly above that.... straight line of sight. Believe me, that video doesn't do justice to how violent that wreck was. And that video is pretty brutal. Anybody that's been to a plate race and seen one close up knows what I'm talking about.

I was at Daytona and saw this

Was at Daytona and saw this

I was sitting on my ass with my eyes wide open on a couch in Orlando, when I watched my favorite driver die.

My point being, I've been to quite a few plate races at Daytona and Talladega. Those three are, by far, not the only wrecks I've seen in person. I don't need to watch to know what's going on, or what is likely to happen. My ears work quite well.

And next year, when Dale Earnhardt, Jr. isn't on the circuit, you watch what happens at Talladega, crowd-wise. I'm glad they had a good turnout. For some reason you leave the impression that our criticism of NASCAR means we wish NASCAR ill. Not so, not for me at any rate.

I wish they would pull their head out of their asses, and stop manipulating races.... and now... seasons. I have been a pretty involved participant in NASCAR over the last 25 years.

Daytona. Talladega. Bristol. Atlanta. Martinsville. Rockingham. Charlotte. Dover. Pocono. Darlington.

I wish them no ill, but I have been pushed to the point that I won't feel sorry for them as they continue down the road they have chosen, a road that takes them somewhere from which they'll never return. They are working so hard on being relevant, that they don't realize that what made them relevant and brought more national interest was their regional identity. And they done killed that.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:54 pm 
Brainwashed Stalker

mudslinger47 wrote:
That's why I record it.... to watch, commercial free.... but my statement still stands, I'm no less befuddled...

I understand not watching it cause you don't like it, I do the same for Football, Basketball and baseball... they're all ridiculous, grown ups getting paid for a kids game and yahoos paying to see it and then the players whine about it... I see the whining but that's about it and I rarely ever comment .... why? because I don't watch the games... that's why I don't understand..

I can't disagree that you are befuddled.

And you just commented, again on Football, Basketball, and Baseball. None of which I watch, so you're wasting your time with this line of pushback. :wave:

"Yes" men have gotten NASCAR to the point it is right now, a shell of itself. Jr's gone. HE was the only reason the Talladega crowd was so big. Because they loved Sr.; and soon the last, closest link to him will be gone.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:25 pm 
Stalker Librarian

mudslinger47 wrote:

Yea I guess that's all that's left, because what they are doing now, surly is not racing.
JJ's crew works on his car outside the pits no penalty its a judgment call. How is anyone to take this serious. This is no legitimate sport any more, Its nothing more than a staged show!!!

When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser." – Socrates

Life is tough...and it's even tougher if you are stupid! ---John Wayne

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 12:39 am 
Addicted Stalker

Don't know what to tell ya.... don't watch it I guess.... I still enjoy it....

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 12:46 am 
Brainwashed Stalker

What to tell ya?

Well, I guess you could start by explaining
Quote:
JJ's crew works on his car outside the pits no penalty its a judgment call

Why was there no penalty? Whims of Brain France?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:42 pm 
Indicted Stalker

It was at the previous race, to tighten some lug nuts that were left loose on the stop. JJ left and then backed halfway back into the stall before they were tightened. Official word it was a safety issue, which was why there was no outside the box penalty.

I agree with the no penalty during the race, but there should have been at least a $10K fine handed down on the normal penalty day...as the precedent was set when Kyle lost his LR tire while leaving the stall, and as a result lost his crew chief for 4 races, and the crew chief also had some cash extracted from his wallet.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 4:52 pm 
Brainwashed Stalker

The only consistency they have is inconsistency. :shock:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:29 pm 
Addicted Stalker

Tiny Tim wrote:
I agree with the no penalty during the race, but there should have been at least a $10K fine handed down on the normal penalty day...as the precedent was set when Kyle lost his LR tire while leaving the stall, and as a result lost his crew chief for 4 races, and the crew chief also had some cash extracted from his wallet.

I agree with your assessment .... your correct about the fine.... but really 10 G's is pocket change to the organization....

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:12 pm 
Indicted Stalker

Is NASCAR to the point that they "think" that they can weather whatever fickle fates come their way? That content really doesn't matter, that no matter what else happens.... what the hell else is there to broadcast on TV on a Sunday afternoon?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 4:41 pm 
Stalker Librarian

Tiny Tim wrote:
It was at the previous race, to tighten some lug nuts that were left loose on the stop. JJ left and then backed halfway back into the stall before they were tightened. Official word it was a safety issue, which was why there was no outside the box penalty.

So the next time a car leaves the pit box with gas catch can in tow and stops so the crew member, can remove said can. That is not a penalty either being its a safety issue.
It is so damn funny NASCAR really has you people (or some of you) believing this shit. :wis:

As far as don't watch its like a train wreck its just hard not take a peek, I've averaged watching about 20 - 30 laps a race, this year.

When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser." – Socrates

Life is tough...and it's even tougher if you are stupid! ---John Wayne

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:02 pm 
Addicted Stalker

Southern Man wrote:
Tiny Tim wrote:

So the next time a car leaves the pit box with gas catch can in tow and stops so the crew member, can remove said can. That is not a penalty either being its a safety issue.
It is so damn funny NASCAR really has you people (or some of you) believing this shit. :wis:

As far as don't watch its like a train wreck its just hard not take a peek, I've averaged watching about 20 - 30 laps a race, this year.

Nope, different deal, they are removing pit equipment from the pit area.....