Board index
It is currently Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:12 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Talladega Oct 2017 - Schedule, Chatter, Etc
PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:54 pm 
Addicted Stalker

TALLADEGA
Friday October 13
12:00pm-12:55pm Truck Series Practice (FS1)
1:00pm-1:55pm Cup Practice (NBCSN)
2:00pm-2:55pm Truck Series Final Practice (FS1)
3:00pm-3:55pm Cup Final Practice (NBCSN)

Saturday October 14
10:30am Truck Series Qualifying (FS1)
1:00pm Truck Series fred’s 250 (94 laps, 250.04 miles) (Stage 1 ends after lap 20, Stage 2 ends after lap 40) (Green Flag at 1:22pm) (FOX)
4:15pm Cup Qualifying (NBCSN)

Sunday October 15
2:00pm Cup Alabama 500 (188 laps, 500.08 miles) (Stage 1 ends after lap 55, Stage 2 ends after lap 110) (Green Flag at 2:19pm) (NBC)

Post subject: Re: Talladega Oct 2017 - Schedule, Chatter, Etc
PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:36 pm 
Stalker

Sunday: NHRA at 1pm Central on FS1.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:22 am 
Addicted Stalker

Thanks!!! Daboadayas!!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 1:35 am 
Brainwashed Stalker

I feel bad for Jr.

Because of NASCARs past race maipulation, you never know if a win is really legit.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 1:35 am 
Addicted Stalker

RacerX wrote:
I feel bad for Jr.

Because of NASCARs past race maipulation, you never know if a win is really legit.

Well, JR didn't win so your case is shattered... It was however pretty amazing that NASCAR made all those wrecks around Jr. and fixed it so he escaped everyone of them.... :roll:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 1:37 am 
Addicted Stalker

I think that was the smallest finishing field I have ever seen for NASCAR.... like 12 whole cars....

The stands were absolutely packed...I guess they got their moneys worth if they were there for the wrecks...

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:00 am 
Pron Star

mudslinger47 wrote:
RacerX wrote:
I feel bad for Jr.

Well, JR didn't win so your case is shattered... It was however pretty amazing that NASCAR made all those wrecks around Jr. and fixed it so he escaped everyone of them.... :roll:

His comment was about all the :tin: idiots who were already saying those things....

and...he did not 'escape' all of the wrecks; thus the issue on the last laps as he ran into his teammate's rear bumper during the cluster that happened with Chase and Daniel....

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:42 am 
Brainwashed Stalker

mudslinger47 wrote:
I think that was the smallest finishing field I have ever seen for NASCAR.... like 12 whole cars....

The stands were absolutely packed...I guess they got their moneys worth if they were there for the wrecks...

How many red flags?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:53 am 
Brainwashed Stalker

mudslinger47 wrote:
RacerX wrote:
I feel bad for Jr.

Yeah yeah yeah....and I knew a guy who won big in Vegas, so that shatters the case that the odds favor the house. :banghead:

If NASCAR didn't manipulate the races so much, there wouldn't be so many people with legitimacy questions.

But, they do. So, there are.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:05 am 
Indicted Stalker

There were at least three red flags. That race - I hesitate to even call it racing - was shameful for NASCAR. I guess it's a good thing NASCAR has no shame these days. I didn't watch, I listened as we were outside burning a woodpile and doing some general brush cleanup that was long overdue.

On the upside, NASCAR got them lots of footage for ticket sales advertisements next year. I hear the crowd was good, but everybody knows why that was the case. This was the last time an Earnhardt was going to be racing at Talladega. An Earnhardt worth a damn at any rate. I came close to going myself, just to see it one more time. I'll just have to live on memories of a special race weekend at that joint back in 1999.

Ya know, I remember the first time I took the family to Talladega. Four tickets, I think the prices came to $300 and that was before we filled the car, bought the camping gear and the food and everything else we needed to do a four day race weekend up there.

I had a lot to lose if the guy I went to see run well or win, got wrecked out and never had the chance at either. This was back in the mid 90's and it wasn't cheap then.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:29 pm 
Addicted Stalker

So there we have it, two guys that didn't watch criticizing the race.... Yeah, it amazes me.... You don't watch it cause you don't like it, I get that, but to not watch and criticize what you didn't see totally befuddles me....

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:43 pm 
Brainwashed Stalker

mudslinger47 wrote:
So there we have it, two guys that didn't watch criticizing the race.... Yeah, it amazes me.... You don't watch it cause you don't like it, I get that, but to not watch and criticize what you didn't see totally befuddles me....

I watched the last crash to the finish.

That's all I needed. No need to waste time on the entire farce. Unlike you. :wave:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:40 am 
Addicted Stalker

That's why I record it.... to watch, commercial free.... but my statement still stands, I'm no less befuddled...

I understand not watching it cause you don't like it, I do the same for Football, Basketball and baseball... they're all ridiculous, grown ups getting paid for a kids game and yahoos paying to see it and then the players whine about it... I see the whining but that's about it and I rarely ever comment .... why? because I don't watch the games... that's why I don't understand..