Board index
It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 1:54 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Kenseth
PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 2:04 am 
Addicted Stalker

Matt Kenseth plans to step away from Cup in 2018: ‘It’s probably time to go do something different’

Bummer when you can't get a job even though your a great driver.... sad but his choice I guess... :?

Post subject: Re: Kenseth
PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:09 am 
Indicted Stalker

Money is rapidly drying up in this sport. If Miller Lite is cutting back to 11 races, you know it's getting bad.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 10:26 am 
Obsessed Stalker

Time marches on

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 1:01 pm 
Addicted Stalker

Bham wrote:
Money is rapidly drying up in this sport. If Miller Lite is cutting back to 11 races, you know it's getting bad.

I agree, they need to do something to drastically reduce the cost of the car...there is no reason to need 15 million dollars a year to field a car... but it would mean a rule change and those "purists" whould whine all over the place saying NASCAR is over..... :roll: ... when in fact, if they don't do something, it will be over....

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 1:58 pm 
Brainwashed Stalker

mudslinger47 wrote:
Bham wrote:

I agree, they need to do something to drastically reduce the cost of the car...there is no reason to need 15 million dollars a year to field a car... but it would mean a rule change and those "purists" whould whine all over the place saying NASCAR is over..... :roll: ... when in fact, if they don't do something, it will be over....

Hey, maybe I did have a clue what the hell I've been talking about for the last 15 or so years that NASCAR has been making piss poor decisions.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 5:02 pm 
Addicted Stalker

RacerX wrote:
mudslinger47 wrote:
Bham wrote:

Hey, maybe I did have a clue what the hell I've been talking about for the last 15 or so years that NASCAR has been making piss poor decisions.

Have I ever said your clueless? Well, yeah... :mrgreen: I don't think it is NASCAR that's driving up the cost.... I thin its the owners and manufactures....

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 10:56 pm 
Obsessed Stalker

mudslinger47 wrote:
RacerX wrote:
mudslinger47 wrote:
Bham wrote:

Have I ever said your clueless? Well, yeah... :mrgreen: I don't think it is NASCAR that's driving up the cost.... I thin its the owners and manufactures....

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:24 am 
Addicted Stalker

When did NASCAR force a team to buy a 7 post? Or rent a wind tunnel? or buy million + dollar haulers? Face palm that... :wis:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:49 am 
Pron Star

mudslinger47 wrote:
When did NASCAR force a team to buy a 7 post? Or rent a wind tunnel? or buy million + dollar haulers? Face palm that... :wis:

As soon as they started using them to check cars....

I'm with RacerX - but even a triple face palm isn't enough....

It's okay though - rules didn't 'cause' any team to try and make sure they were within the rules guidelines

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:10 pm 
Brainwashed Stalker

mudslinger47 wrote:

Let's try it this way.....

You are for limited government.

Except in NASCAR.

Why is that?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:20 pm 
Addicted Stalker

RacerX wrote:
mudslinger47 wrote:

Except in NASCAR.

Why is that?

Its a private comany, thye can run it any way they want...Why you think the NFL is having so much problems these days? Cause they didn't step in and squash it right off... NASCAR's business, they run it the way they see best, not the way you see best... just like every other private business...

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:47 pm 
Brainwashed Stalker

mudslinger47 wrote:
RacerX wrote:
mudslinger47 wrote:

Except in NASCAR.

Why is that?

Its a private comany, thye can run it any way they want...Why you think the NFL is having so much problems these days? Cause they didn't step in and squash it right off... NASCAR's business, they run it the way they see best, not the way you see best... just like every other private business...

Yeah, didn't say they couldn't run it anyway they wanted. I've said it's stupid, for the most part, the way they've run it since Brain France took over.

So, tell me again (actually for the first time because you didn't answer) why you aren't for limited government in NASCAR?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:59 pm 
Addicted Stalker

RacerX wrote:
mudslinger47 wrote:
RacerX wrote:
mudslinger47 wrote:

Except in NASCAR.

Why is that?

Yeah, didn't say they couldn't run it anyway they wanted. I've said it's stupid, for the most part, the way they've run it since Brain France took over.

So, tell me again (actually for the first time because you didn't answer) why you aren't for limited government in NASCAR?

Because if you have the inmates running the asylum, it would get really expencive.... In private business, oddly enough, just the oppisite in government....

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:10 pm 
Indicted Stalker

Also, NASCAR did not force the teams to have 500 crew members, many of which only really know how do one thing well for the car. When the really large sponsor deals started coming a couple decades ago, the owners found new ways to spend every penny of it.(whether it be building 20 cars for each driver, hiring more crew members etc) They never really planned for things to go the other way. Several years ago Brad Keselowski said something of the lines is that they needed to find a way for the teams to be able to to survive on more of the race winnings than sponsor dollars. He pretty much go shouted down by all sides(drivers, owners, NASCAR) It was like they were saying "Hey Brad, forgot about the problem that might coming as not to screw up the deals with have right at this moment."

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:46 pm 
Brainwashed Stalker

mudslinger47 wrote:
RacerX wrote:
mudslinger47 wrote:
RacerX wrote:
mudslinger47 wrote:

Except in NASCAR.

Why is that?

Because if you have the inmates running the asylum, it would get really expencive.... In private business, oddly enough, just the oppisite in government....

It's really expensive now. You yourself made that point. :banghead: Besides, "inmates running the asylum" has nothing to do with limited government.

Third time, why aren't you for limited government in NASCAR? Why aren't you for fewer rules and government-imposed alterations?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 11:59 pm 
Obsessed Stalker

mudslinger47 wrote:
RacerX wrote:
mudslinger47 wrote:

Except in NASCAR.

Why is that?

And like the NFL... sort of... because NASCAR never will be as big as the NFL as long as they want to be everywhere but where they fit.....

the paying public has a right to try the private business for what they are selling.

NASCAR has been tried by the paying public.... and NASCAR has been found lacking.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:01 am 
Obsessed Stalker

mudslinger47 wrote:
RacerX wrote:
mudslinger47 wrote:
RacerX wrote:
mudslinger47 wrote:

Except in NASCAR.

Why is that?

But.... as you and NASCAR have continually thrown down our throats..... NASCAR doesn't pay the teams. NASCAR is not affiliated with any team.

Nah.... NASCAR just makes the rules. And signs the checks.

NASCAR never signs the front of a check ya know. They're not shy about pointing that out, although not quite like I just did.

eta

right now, with Earnhardt and Kenseth retiring.... and Carl Edwards deciding that he's tired of race fixing, about the only two drivers left that I actually do care about and like are Happy and Brad. Truex, Jr gets a nod to the club there as well.

But, that's not much. And, as JMB's last post made clear: Don't call out long term solutions to solvency.

You'll be shouted down. And probably get some pit road speeding penalties as well.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 3:15 am 
Addicted Stalker

RacerX wrote:
mudslinger47 wrote:
RacerX wrote:
mudslinger47 wrote:
Third time, why aren't you for limited government in NASCAR? Why aren't you for fewer rules and government-imposed alterations?

I didn't think you were slow, maybe I'm wrong......NASCAR is not a government, its a governing body and a private enterprise..... They get to make the rules, if you don't like the rules, then you probably not going to be part of NASCAR.... Its like smoking in a bar, if the owner chooses to not allow smoking in the bar, thats his peroggative but the governemtn telling him he can't is wrong in my veiw.... Its the enterprises decision... Great, just great, now my spell check has died....

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 1:41 pm 
Brainwashed Stalker

mudslinger47 wrote:
RacerX wrote:
mudslinger47 wrote:
RacerX wrote:
mudslinger47 wrote:

I didn't think you were slow, maybe I'm wrong......NASCAR is not a government, its a governing body and a private enterprise..... They get to make the rules, if you don't like the rules, then you probably not going to be part of NASCAR.... Its like smoking in a bar, if the owner chooses to not allow smoking in the bar, thats his peroggative but the governemtn telling him he can't is wrong in my veiw.... Its the enterprises decision... Great, just great, now my spell check has died....

What is a governing body? It's a form of government. :banghead:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 4:00 am 
Addicted Stalker

RacerX wrote:
mudslinger47 wrote:
RacerX wrote:
mudslinger47 wrote:
RacerX wrote:
mudslinger47 wrote:

OK, lets us start right here.... do you understand Private?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:04 am 
Brainwashed Stalker

mudslinger47 wrote:
RacerX wrote:
mudslinger47 wrote:
RacerX wrote:
mudslinger47 wrote:
RacerX wrote:
mudslinger47 wrote:

OK, lets us start right here.... do you understand Private?

Yeah. Problem is you don't understand the word government.

NASCAR makes rules, rulings, mandates, and enforces penalties, that teams must obey in order to compete. That is a form of government.

NASCAR being a private entity has nothing to do with it being a government.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:16 pm 
Obsessed Stalker

Location: Waiting at 16th and Georgetown for the Going out of Business sale!!!!!
Question about Kenseth, is he eligible for the championship? I have not been following NASCAR very closely this year but I just watched the last few laps of the Phoenix race and see that he won.

The JBud Solution Concept
Tinslinger: A person whose attitude prevents them from seeing the self-evident GHE right in front of them.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:45 pm 
Addicted Stalker

GearHead wrote:
Question about Kenseth, is he eligible for the championship? I have not been following NASCAR very closely this year but I just watched the last few laps of the Phoenix race and see that he won.

He was, but got beat out by a rule....to many men over the wall, parked for the rest of the race...

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:42 am 
Addicted Stalker

WINS!!!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:02 am 
Brainwashed Stalker

GearHead wrote:

Nope. Not even for next year at this point.

Kind of poetic he's going out with Jr.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:43 am 
Addicted Stalker

RacerX wrote:

Despite my usually faulty memory, I'm pretty sure they started together too. I'll miss them both.

And congrats to Matt on a well-deserved win.

(And am I a hypocrit for wondering why Coach Gibbs was bemoaning the fact that Matt was a terrific driver for him and he's gonna miss him so much, when the Coach is the one who let him go? :dunno: )

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:00 pm 
Brainwashed Stalker

vegas0307 wrote:
RacerX wrote:

Despite my usually faulty memory, I'm pretty sure they started together too. I'll miss them both.

And congrats to Matt on a well-deserved win.

(And am I a hypocrit for wondering why Coach Gibbs was bemoaning the fact that Matt was a terrific driver for him and he's gonna miss him so much, when the Coach is the one who let him go? :dunno: )

Yes , that's what I meant. They raced Busch together, came into Cup together, now retiring together.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:15 pm 
Addicted Stalker

vegas0307 wrote:

Nope, cause I wonder too.... Jones is doing fine at Furniture Row and they have an alliance, so I didn't get it either...

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:21 pm 
Brainwashed Stalker

There are actually Chasey supporters mad at Kenseth because he didn't let Chasey win. Seriously.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:32 pm 
Indicted Stalker

Not surprising. Some were mad at Kyle after he made a late pass on Chase several races ago...granted, they weren't too fond of Kyle anyway.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:07 pm 
Addicted Stalker

Spin Jr. out and you'll need an armed escort out of the place....

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:39 am 
Obsessed Stalker

RacerX wrote:
There are actually Chasey supporters mad at Kenseth because he didn't let Chasey win. Seriously.

Yep. Can't make that shit up. :crackup:

And yeah, Kenseth's late entry into the retirement fold is rather poetic as it relates to Dale, Jr.

I remember watching them race together in the Busch Series. I remember Kenseth's first win at Rockingham when he Earnhart'd Tony Stewart :crackup:

I was (still) a brand new fan when I watched that. That was when I used to tune in regularly on Saturdays. That was a long time - and another life - ago.