Board index
It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 11:23 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 40th win for KyBu now an old bad ass.
PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 11:32 pm 
Grand Stalker Supreme

Location: America's Most Corrupt County and Fucking Proud of it.
But the kids are a coming.

That was exciting.

Post subject: Re: 40th win for KyBu now an old bad ass.
PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 10:52 am 
Addicted Stalker

You forgot to mention SWEEP, Louie.

Great job, Rowdy, and great week for you! :rok:

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 11:35 am 
Grand Stalker Supreme

vegas0307 wrote:
You forgot to mention SWEEP, Louie.

I wasn't aware. The ladder series are not above the fold headlines where I digest acing news.

I'm enjoying NASCAR recently. The races have been compelling, but still can't get my head around stages.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 6:41 am 
Addicted Stalker

Louie wrote:
The races have been compelling, but still can't get my head around stages.

Believe me, Louie, you're not alone. :?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:23 am 
Addicted Stalker

Louie wrote:
vegas0307 wrote:
I'm enjoying NASCAR recently. The races have been compelling, but still can't get my head around stages.

The stages are what got NASCAR worth watching again.... No one is stroking or riding around, if you want points you gotta race full time... made it a lot better....

Kyle Busch has done something no other NASCAR racer has ever done, and Kyle has done it twice.... 40 cup wins, 91 Xfinity wins and 49 or 50 Truck wins to go along with that... I don't care whether you like the guy or not, that's impressive... I don't think he'll ever get 7 championships, I might be wrong but he'll get three or four I'd guess... when it comes to championships, JJ is still the king....

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:28 am 
Obsessed Stalker

mudslinger47 wrote:
Louie wrote:
vegas0307 wrote:

The stages are what got NASCAR worth watching again.... No one is stroking or riding around, if you want points you gotta race full time... made it a lot better....

Kyle Busch has done something no other NASCAR racer has ever done, and Kyle has done it twice.... 40 cup wins, 91 Xfinity wins and 49 or 50 Truck wins to go along with that... I don't care whether you like the guy or not, that's impressive... I don't think he'll ever get 7 championships, I might be wrong but he'll get three or four I'd guess... when it comes to championships, JJ is still the king....

Beating the Little League with Big League gear isn't impressive. Never was. Never will be. I don't really care why he races them, padding his stats, money, ego.... whatever. An I love me trophy man cave when he retires. Doesn't matter to me. What he does in Cup will be what defines his career after it's over.

And the state of NASCAR. Stage racing hasn't brought it back. Declining TV audience, more empty seats at the tracks. Hell, they had a crap ton of seats at Bristol blocked off with all of those nice "Moments at Bristol" tarps. Any area that had seats under a higher section was blocked off. I don't think that place was close to half full by green flag drop Saturday night.

Stage racing is a joke, and is nothing more than a phantom debris caution designed to award points for some mythical playoff system that resembles nothing like a playoff.

NASCAR is brain dead.

And as for Kyle Busch being a badass, give me a break. He's a punk. And with that I will say he is more and more the face of the new NASCAR. A lot of pretty boy punks coming through the ranks. At least Kyle ain't purty.... and.... he didn't pick his nose and flick a booger this time. Winning cures nose congestion I reckon.... :wave:

One more note. Dale Earnhardt, Jr. should have walked away from his car the day he announced his retirement. He's going through the motions. He hasn't been in a race all season, for the most part.... other than stroking laps and trying to get it done.

I wish he would have just walked away. :|

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 1:52 pm 
Grand Stalker Supreme

mudslinger47 wrote:
Louie wrote:
vegas0307 wrote:

Thy could award the points at the appointed laps without the yellow flags. Pre planned yellow periods are not racing.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:57 pm 
Obsessed Stalker

Louie wrote:
mudslinger47 wrote:
Louie wrote:
vegas0307 wrote:

Thy could award the points at the appointed laps without the yellow flags. Pre planned yellow periods are not racing.

Indeed. Remember the halfway award? They didn't pull off the track under yellow for pit road stops or live from the booth interviews with "the winner".

Complete and total joke. But honestly, stage racing is just the latest gimmick. They're not addressing the problems that led to them thinking they could invigorate excitement with such a gimmick. Their problem started a long time ago and it is just now achieving adulthood.

Warm asses in the seats are what make race fans, for the most part. You can see cars at the tremendous speeds they run. But more importantly, you can feel and smell the action. You can't get that on TV. You just can't.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 6:33 pm 
Grand Stalker Supreme

jlb wrote:
Louie wrote:
mudslinger47 wrote:
Louie wrote:
vegas0307 wrote:

Indeed. Remember the halfway award? They didn't pull off the track under yellow for pit road stops or live from the booth interviews with "the winner".

Complete and total joke. But honestly, stage racing is just the latest gimmick. They're not addressing the problems that led to them thinking they could invigorate excitement with such a gimmick. Their problem started a long time ago and it is just now achieving adulthood.

Warm asses in the seats are what make race fans, for the most part. You can see cars at the tremendous speeds they run. But more importantly, you can feel and smell the action. You can't get that on TV. You just can't.

Agree. (Twice in one day) who the hell are you? :wave:

But....Larson, Elliot, Jones....not sure how they grow the sport or reverse the demographic decline, but the racing future is looking good.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:45 pm 
Obsessed Stalker

Louie wrote:
jlb wrote:
Louie wrote:
mudslinger47 wrote:
Louie wrote:
vegas0307 wrote:

Agree. (Twice in one day) who the hell are you? :wave:

But....Larson, Elliot, Jones....not sure how they grow the sport or reverse the demographic decline, but the racing future is looking good.

They won't. It's not their fault and those three (and I would add Blaney) are not the punks I am referring to. Those guys are capable of being punks due strictly to their age. Youth gets some degree of reprieve :D

But it's more than that. Everybody shows their ass from time to time. That's fine, nobody is perfect. But, to the extent I'm watching, ass seems to be (somewhat) usurping wrecks, for advertising.

Which brings us back to those really beautiful (seriously, they were kick ass) tarps of "Moments in Bristol" history. They were great moments, and I'm somewhat jaundiced in my view because I've held tickets to that place for so long. But I walked up to the tarp that was 12 rows above my seats and I ducked under and I took a look around and I saw reality....

empty seats.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:13 pm 
Addicted Stalker

Louie wrote:
mudslinger47 wrote:
Louie wrote:
vegas0307 wrote:

You just said the racing was better, I told you why, and now your bitching about why the racing is better..and you wonder why I think your a liberal..... :wis:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:24 pm 
Addicted Stalker

jlb wrote:
mudslinger47 wrote:
Louie wrote:
vegas0307 wrote:

Beating the Little League with Big League gear isn't impressive. Never was. Never will be. I don't really care why he races them, padding his stats, money, ego.... whatever. An I love me trophy man cave when he retires. Doesn't matter to me. What he does in Cup will be what defines his career after it's over.
You obviously haven't watched any of them.... he's running against a fair amount of cup guys too... tell the truth, you hate Kyle Busch and your not going to give him a break any more then the media will give Trump a break...

And the state of NASCAR. Stage racing hasn't brought it back. Declining TV audience, more empty seats at the tracks. Hell, they had a crap ton of seats at Bristol blocked off with all of those nice "Moments at Bristol" tarps. Any area that had seats under a higher section was blocked off. I don't think that place was close to half full by green flag drop Saturday night.
BLA BLA BLA I want it the old way.... nothing stays the same, if it does, it dies... you don't like it, don't watch it, you probably don't but bitch about it anyway....how does that work?

Stage racing is a joke, and is nothing more than a phantom debris caution designed to award points for some mythical playoff system that resembles nothing like a playoff.
You don't have to like it I guess, but I do and it has added a new levels for the crew chiefs...of course, if you actually watched, you'd have know that... Jus sayin'

NASCAR is brain dead.

And as for Kyle Busch being a badass, give me a break. He's a punk. And with that I will say he is more and more the face of the new NASCAR. A lot of pretty boy punks coming through the ranks. At least Kyle ain't purty.... and.... he didn't pick his nose and flick a booger this time. Winning cures nose congestion I reckon.... :wave:
Gee, Jimmy Johnson, Kyle Larson , Dale Jr. and a host of other currant drivers disagree with you.... and a shit pot of the old guard agree with me, DW, Pierson, DJ, Kyle P and on and on

One more note. Dale Earnhardt, Jr. should have walked away from his car the day he announced his retirement. He's going through the motions. He hasn't been in a race all season, for the most part.... other than stroking laps and trying to get it done.

I like Jr., wish he was having more fun...

I wish he would have just walked away. :|

^^^^ can't wouldn't be fair to Jr nation....^^^

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 2:07 am 
Stalker

Bristol sold more than 100,000 tickets for the race Saturday. I talked to a VP at the speedway Saturday and they were very happy with the ticket sales for the night race.

I was hoping for a yellow in the last 30 laps because Kurt was bad fast on the short run in the last stage.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 2:33 am 
Addicted Stalker

Scott_97 wrote:
Bristol sold more than 100,000 tickets for the race Saturday. I talked to a VP at the speedway Saturday and they were very happy with the ticket sales for the night race.

I was hoping for a yellow in the last 30 laps because Kurt was bad fast on the short run in the last stage.

Your correct, Kurt was on a mission, I think he said anything under 50 he was golden....

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 2:34 am 
Addicted Stalker

No one mentioned the top four..... Gibbs.....

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:55 am 
Obsessed Stalker

Scott_97 wrote:

There were not 100K people in those grandstands Saturday night. I'm not disputing what they told you they sold, but I have seen 100K people in those grandstands lots of times over the past 21 years. Saturday night wasn't one of them. You take those blocking tarps down and that place didn't look half full. Hell it didn't look half full with them. And it is kind of sad that they were happy with selling 100K tickets. That place used to be filled to overflow. If NASCAR hadn't gone brain dead in so many facets of the sport, it still might be filled to overflow. But ifs and buts and so forth....

Oh and Duane....

yo Duane....

Just because I haven't been watching doesn't mean I'm not paying attention. Sometimes you can see more by listening than you can by watching.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:07 am 
Obsessed Stalker

mudslinger47 wrote:

^^^^ can't wouldn't be fair to Jr nation....^^^

I like him, too. But Saturday night was very hard to take, both what I saw on the track and what I heard on the scanner. There was just no there, there. I didn't go into this last race of his (and mine) at Bristol expecting glory. I wanted him to run well. Didn't really care if he won. I hearken back to a comment attributed to his dad when asked about when he would retire and it went something like this....

When I'm three wide in Daytona coming off Turn Four and I lift. I'm driving the car onto pit road and walking away.

Dale, Jr. should have just walked away. I don't think he's scared, I think he's just trying to get through the season and that is no way to race. It's not safe, among other things.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:51 pm 
Pron Star

not impressive to be the only driver who has done it - when you are the ONLY driver to have attempted it.....

I'm just sayin'

And I have no trouble telling you I don't like Kyle Busch....I don't give a damned if he can wheel a car - he bares his ass way too often to be anyone I have respect for....

You don't have to agree with me.....but it's how I was raised in the racing world on this coast......

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 6:58 pm 
Junior Stalker

Where I live I have no option other than watching on TV. NBC and Rick Allen have made these races almost unbearable to watch. That and the nonstop in broadcast commercials (spotter coverage brought to you by .....), who gives a shit. Rick Allen tries to make every pass and every lap sound like it's the greatest pass/lap in the history of Nascar. My ears are bleeding by the end of the race.

Stage racing has killed the races. The real race doesn't start until the end of the second stage. Get rid of that dumb caution, I don't care if they give points or not. But the purpose of a 500 lap race is to be at the front at the end of 500 laps. Let the smart teams figure out how to get stage points and still come up with a strategy to win the race without knowing when the next caution is coming out.

I used to watch every lap of every race. Now I record it and fast forward through most of it. The exact opposite of what stage racing was supposed to do.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:52 pm 
Addicted Stalker

Space Potato wrote:
Where I live I have no option other than watching on TV. NBC and Rick Allen have made these races almost unbearable to watch. That and the nonstop in broadcast commercials (spotter coverage brought to you by .....), who gives a shit. Rick Allen tries to make every pass and every lap sound like it's the greatest pass/lap in the history of Nascar. My ears are bleeding by the end of the race.

I rarely ever hear anything they say....that's not why I watch..

Let the smart teams figure out how to get stage points and still come up with a strategy to win the race without knowing when the next caution is coming out.

They do... they do exactly what you said, each team figures out their advantage and used it,,

I used to watch every lap of every race. Now I record it and fast forward through most of it. The exact opposite of what stage racing was supposed to do.

I have always recorded because of commercials... the racing has been great, to bad you missed it....

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:54 pm 
Addicted Stalker

JRM88 wrote:
not impressive to be the only driver who has done it - when you are the ONLY driver to have attempted it.....

I'm just sayin'

And I have no trouble telling you I don't like Kyle Busch....I don't give a damned if he can wheel a car - he bares his ass way too often to be anyone I have respect for....

You don't have to agree with me.....but it's how I was raised in the racing world on this coast......

You'd think that, but you'd be wrong Bad Brad has tried as well as Kyle Larson....

I have a close friend that hates KB like you do.... and every time Kyle does a deal like last weekend, I toss it in his face as many times as I can..... yeah, I am kinda like that.....LOL :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:37 pm 
Grand Stalker Supreme

Space Potato wrote:

Stage racing has killed the races. The real race doesn't start until the end of the second stage. Get rid of that dumb caution, I don't care if they give points or not. But the purpose of a 500 lap race is to be at the front at the end of 500 laps. Let the smart teams figure out how to get stage points and still come up with a strategy to win the race without knowing when the next caution is coming out.

I watched a big chunk of Saturday's race in a taqoria. Other than that I've listened to the InsyCar and NRN live feeds on my phone most races.

It beats being a slug on the couch, I can be productive, or ride the bicycle, or even gamble. Racing might be the easiest sport to follow on radio.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 11:23 pm 
Junior Stalker

Let the smart teams figure out how to get stage points and still come up with a strategy to win the race without knowing when the next caution is coming out.

They do... they do exactly what you said, each team figures out their advantage and used it,,

BS! They know when the next caution is coming out, as do you and I. You can call it exciting if you want, it's not for me.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 11:46 pm 
Stalker

jlb wrote:
There were not 100K people in those grandstands Saturday night. I'm not disputing what they told you they sold, but I have seen 100K people in those grandstands lots of times over the past 21 years. Saturday night wasn't one of them. You take those blocking tarps down and that place didn't look half full. Hell it didn't look half full with them

There weren't any empty seats close to me. [img][IMG]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y207/Scott1059/bristolrox_zpsc7wmdmzt.jpg[/img][/img]
See any empty seats?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 12:06 am 
Junior Stalker

It doesn't matter if Bristol had empty seats or not. The truth is Nascar is in trouble. They went from 43 car fields to 40 and they still can't fill the field. Most tracks have empty seats on cup dates even after they've taken out seats. Sponsors are not renewing with teams and top tier drivers are in danger of losing rides because of lack of money. Spread the sunshine all you want, the fans are leaving because the product has become a gimmick. Cautions because a driver got close to the wall without hitting it ie: the 43 at Bristol, water bottles on the track and any time one driver is too far out front. People will ask why do I still watch, and the truth is I don't. I'm curious who won but I don't bother watching anymore.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:02 am 
Addicted Stalker

Space Potato wrote:

BS! They know when the next caution is coming out, as do you and I. You can call it exciting if you want, it's not for me.

Your not paying attention then... some pit early to get out in front is they have no chance of winning the stage, some will stay out and hope for a quick yellow on the restart some will come in ... your not paying attention...

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:04 am 
Addicted Stalker

Space Potato wrote:
It doesn't matter if Bristol had empty seats or not. The truth is Nascar is in trouble. They went from 43 car fields to 40 and they still can't fill the field. Most tracks have empty seats on cup dates even after they've taken out seats. Sponsors are not renewing with teams and top tier drivers are in danger of losing rides because of lack of money. Spread the sunshine all you want, the fans are leaving because the product has become a gimmick. Cautions because a driver got close to the wall without hitting it ie: the 43 at Bristol, water bottles on the track and any time one driver is too far out front. People will ask why do I still watch, and the truth is I don't. I'm curious who won but I don't bother watching anymore.

I knew it..... :roll: plenty of time to complain, but no time to actually watch...

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 10:25 am 
Obsessed Stalker

We took our grand-kids to Friday night's race. It was their first race. They got in for free, being under 12 years of age. Saturday night was $10, but we didn't take them because we knew it would be a bigger crowd and a later race.

The track was aggressively pushing seats for (I think) $65 to try to get attendance up. I didn't get an offer for a discount on my ticket package and face value of my main event tickets are $88. When I get the renewal next month it will be interesting to see if they offer a discount. I'm betting they don't, and it won't matter at any rate at least for me, as I'm not renewing.

And Scott.... just because you didn't have any empty seats around you is not an indicator that there were 100K warm asses in those grandstands Saturday night. That place was, at best, half full. Which I doubt. My estimates put attendance somewhere around 60-65K. Those blocking tarps tell the real tale of the tape. They don't go up because ticket sales are robust. They go up because tickets aren't selling and a place that big is going to look terrible when it looks empty.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 10:36 am 
Junior Stalker

mudslinger47 wrote:
I knew it..... :roll: plenty of time to complain, but no time to actually watch...

Sorry Duane you're wrong again. I have all the time needed to watch the races. I've watched almost every race televised since Wide World of Sports in the 70's. And just because you think all the changes have made racing better, I don't. The difference between you and me is I can accept you have a differing opinion, you seem to think you're the only person here that knows what's really going on. So be it, enjoy your time as the great master who knows all and sees all.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 10:46 am 
Obsessed Stalker

And for my part, I am not picking an argument with Scott. Maybe the track did sell 100K tickets but it sure didn't look like that many warm butts in the seats Saturday night. Being that I've been to every race at that joint since August 1996 I'd like to think that I know what 100k in attendance "looks" like but even though I do have 20/20 vision (thank you Lasek :D ) I am in my 50's now and I could be getting a little slow on the uptake....

:crackup: :wave:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:44 am 
Pron Star

We'll see what Darlington looks like next week....

I promise to report back.....

going to go and have fun with friends, enjoy the noise and, maybe, just maybe, the throwback will at least look good on the track....even if I have no thought that it will be competitive......

:wis:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 12:32 pm 
Obsessed Stalker

JRM88 wrote:

going to go and have fun with friends, enjoy the noise and, maybe, just maybe, the throwback will at least look good on the track....even if I have no thought that it will be competitive......

Safe travels :D

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 12:56 pm 
Stalker

I have been going to Bristol since 1998 and I still love the place.

This year our campground group was celebrating 10 years together. The track adopted us from the start. We all met on the BMS message board in 2006-2007 and started camping together (I didn't camp this year) but went to the campground and hung out a few days. Ben Trout the Director of Fan Relations for the track use to monitor the message board and he became part of our group. He comes over to the campground every night and usually brings Jerry Caldwell The GM of the track with him. The track is opening up a room for us in Dec to have a reunion at Speedway In Lights. I'm not sure if I will make it down but I sure want to.

When they were over Saturday they said they had sold more tickets than they have in years. Was it because it was Jr's last race? That would be my guess. They also said they thought they sold the most tickets for the race than any track has this year.

I thought the racing was good but still not the racing we had in the early 2000's

I was disappointed they didn't play "Rocky Top" No "Bristol Stomp" No "Wave" The skydiver didn't bring in the Flag (guy wires for the new Jumbotron would probably make that hard) I would rather see the motorcycles and old cars prerace than Cody Jinks (Who??)

It was still Bristol with good friends and a good atmosphere and I am sure I will be back next year.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:50 pm 
Stalker Librarian

Space Potato wrote:
mudslinger47 wrote:

Sorry Duane you're wrong again. I have all the time needed to watch the races. I've watched almost every race televised since Wide World of Sports in the 70's. And just because you think all the changes have made racing better, I don't. The difference between you and me is I can accept you have a differing opinion, you seem to think you're the only person here that knows what's really going on. So be it, enjoy your time as the great master who knows all and sees all.

LOL +100

When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser." – Socrates

Life is tough...and it's even tougher if you are stupid! ---John Wayne

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:59 pm 
Stalker Librarian

JRM88 wrote:

I got lucky I sold my Darlington Tickets, kept the $15.00 Bojangles gift card I received for buying tickets. Nope its not worth the 80 mile drive, and the walk, to see some staged show put on by NASCAR. Basically I have watched the last 50 or so laps this year, just to see how NASCAR was going to manipulate the out come. Like Larry Mack said they don't have nothing for me.

When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser." – Socrates

Life is tough...and it's even tougher if you are stupid! ---John Wayne

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:23 pm 
Pron Star

jlb wrote:
JRM88 wrote:

Safe travels :D

Thanks....the kid (well, all 4 of us that are going) is getting a personal tour at Roush-Yates Engines the day after his birthday; we hope to get to Penske that day, too....and maybe Stewart-Haas and/or RFR the next day before we head to Darlington from there....

first time it won't be a whirlwind trip....

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:24 pm 
Pron Star

Southern Man wrote:
JRM88 wrote:

I got lucky I sold my Darlington Tickets, kept the $15.00 Bojangles gift card I received for buying tickets. Nope its not worth the 80 mile drive, and the walk, to see some staged show put on by NASCAR. Basically I have watched the last 50 or so laps this year, just to see how NASCAR was going to manipulate the out come. Like Larry Mack said they don't have nothing for me.

It's our one trip....the dad and two of the kids went to Dover for the spring.....this is an 'event' more than a race....so we shall see....but we can't wait to meet up with our friends we have met there, plus Outlaw and Miss Alice....

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 3:49 pm 
Obsessed Stalker

Scott_97 wrote:
I have been going to Bristol since 1998 and I still love the place.

This year our campground group was celebrating 10 years together. The track adopted us from the start. We all met on the BMS message board in 2006-2007 and started camping together (I didn't camp this year) but went to the campground and hung out a few days. Ben Trout the Director of Fan Relations for the track use to monitor the message board and he became part of our group. He comes over to the campground every night and usually brings Jerry Caldwell The GM of the track with him. The track is opening up a room for us in Dec to have a reunion at Speedway In Lights. I'm not sure if I will make it down but I sure want to.

When they were over Saturday they said they had sold more tickets than they have in years. Was it because it was Jr's last race? That would be my guess. They also said they thought they sold the most tickets for the race than any track has this year.

I thought the racing was good but still not the racing we had in the early 2000's

I was disappointed they didn't play "Rocky Top" No "Bristol Stomp" No "Wave" The skydiver didn't bring in the Flag (guy wires for the new Jumbotron would probably make that hard) I would rather see the motorcycles and old cars prerace than Cody Jinks (Who??)

It was still Bristol with good friends and a good atmosphere and I am sure I will be back next year.

The racing was fine. I'm not done with the track, I'm just done doing the season ticket deal but tbh I don't know when I'll go back. I got in on the ground floor the year they expanded. It was only supposed to be a speed run for me and two friends to say we did the Bristol night race in 1996. Been going back ever since :D And yeah that scoreboard kills the skydiving show :D

Until the football game last year, nobody else had ever sat in my seats.

Did you camp out and drive home Sunday? If so, which way. My uncle lives up in Gate City, but my cousin now lives in Kingsport, not 10 minutes from the track so we stay there. The ride back south on Sunday was terrible. Lots of traffic, most of it track related.

eta

I love that place. But I've been slowly getting tired of NASCAR over the past five years. The stage racing did nothing to enhance my experience Saturday night. And, a little thinking out loud.... I still see Dale Earnhardt every time I go there. It's a good thing now, not a sad thing as it was early on after he was killed.

Which is why I really had hoped Dale, Jr. would have shown up and let everybody know he was there. He was an afterthought and that really sucked. John Force's dedication to him was pretty awesome though.

LOL John Force. That kind of character ain't in NASCAR no more and that has contributed to my waning interest as well.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 5:05 pm 
Stalker

I got my season tickets in 1998 and gave them up when they started selling Cup only tickets.

I stopped over to the campground and told everyone bye after the race and we headed for home. Stopped in Corbin KY about 3:00am and spent the night and came home Sunday.

When you get back to Bristol stop over to the campground. It is right over the bridge from the souvenir trailers on the creek. Same spot every race with a big Jelloville banner.

https://claireblang.wordpress.com/tag/jello/

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:49 pm 
Grand Stalker Supreme

mudslinger47 wrote:
Louie wrote:
mudslinger47 wrote:
Louie wrote:
vegas0307 wrote:

You just said the racing was better, I told you why, and now your bitching about why the racing is better..and you wonder why I think your a liberal..... :wis:

When I'm listening to MRN they cut to commercials at the pre planned yellow. It's kinda invisible.

At the track it's got to be a gaping void. Is it like the TV courtesy longer between innings breaks at baseball games now? Do scantily clad hotties take to the track with T shirt cannons??

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:56 pm 
Addicted Stalker

Space Potato wrote:
mudslinger47 wrote:

This is the line from your post.... People will ask why do I still watch, and the truth is I don't

So what am I supposed to believe, you said you don't watch? Now you say you do.... what gives? Great Master, maybe not, but I can read.... :roll:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:00 pm 
Addicted Stalker

Louie wrote:
mudslinger47 wrote:
Louie wrote:
mudslinger47 wrote:
Louie wrote:
vegas0307 wrote:

When I'm listening to MRN they cut to commercials at the pre planned yellow. It's kinda invisible.

At the track it's got to be a gaping void. Is it like the TV courtesy longer between innings breaks at baseball games now? Do scantily clad hotties take to the track with T shirt cannons??

I have no idea why they bitch about NASCAR and not Pro Baseball (excruciatingly long inning breaks and the 7th inning stretch) and for every commercial in Football is coincided with a referee meeting and a fake flag.... :roll:

Let the "Ya buts" begin...................

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 10:26 pm 
Junior Stalker

mudslinger47 wrote:

This is the line from your post.... People will ask why do I still watch, and the truth is I don't

So what am I supposed to believe, you said you don't watch? Now you say you do.... what gives? Great Master, maybe not, but I can read.... :roll:

This is also a line from my previous post "I used to watch every lap of every race. Now I record it and fast forward through most of it". So I guess you don't read real well. But I've got better things to do with my time then continue a debate with a tired old grumpy fool on the internet. Enjoy the races sir, you'll probably be able to get great seats because if things keep going the way they seem to be you'll be the only one in the stands.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 1:35 am 
Addicted Stalker

Space Potato wrote:
mudslinger47 wrote:

This is also a line from my previous post "I used to watch every lap of every race. Now I record it and fast forward through most of it". So I guess you don't read real well. But I've got better things to do with my time then continue a debate with a tired old grumpy fool on the internet. Enjoy the races sir, you'll probably be able to get great seats because if things keep going the way they seem to be you'll be the only one in the stands.

Not going to argue any further, your the one who said you didn't watch, not I.... :annoy:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 4:07 pm 
Obsessed Stalker

Scott_97 wrote:
I got my season tickets in 1998 and gave them up when they started selling Cup only tickets.

I stopped over to the campground and told everyone bye after the race and we headed for home. Stopped in Corbin KY about 3:00am and spent the night and came home Sunday.

When you get back to Bristol stop over to the campground. It is right over the bridge from the souvenir trailers on the creek. Same spot every race with a big Jelloville banner.

https://claireblang.wordpress.com/tag/jello/

I will do that, thank you.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 12:14 pm 
Grand Stalker Supreme

mudslinger47 wrote:
Louie wrote:
mudslinger47 wrote:
Louie wrote:
mudslinger47 wrote:
Louie wrote:
vegas0307 wrote:

I have no idea why they bitch about NASCAR and not Pro Baseball (excruciatingly long inning breaks and the 7th inning stretch) and for every commercial in Football is coincided with a referee meeting and a fake flag.... :roll:

Let the "Ya buts" begin...................

You just busted the blind squirrel myth......several acorns :wave: