Board index
It is currently Thu Nov 23, 2017 4:58 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Congrats To Our Darlington Winner......
PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 10:40 am 
Addicted Stalker

.....Denny Hamlin! It was a fluke of the second-to-last lap (or was it the very last?) that Martin Truex, the class of the field as usual, rubbed the wall and blew a tire, and Hammy took over the lead, but he'd have most likely passed Truex anyway. The "passing" might not have been so pretty and respectable, so if Truex had to lose a tire along with a race, this was the graceful way out for all involved.

Great job, Hammy, and well done for your crew and owner! (And nice comeback from a huge pit road error earlier.)

Post subject: Re: Congrats To Our Darlington Winner......
PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 2:03 am 
Addicted Stalker

Pretty good racing right there... and Kyle Busch didn't win and gave a decent interview... the stars have aligned.... :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 11:24 am 
Pron Star

MEH....

I wanted to see a battle - not a blown tire....

best part of the night was watching those that pitted blow up the strategy of the 11 and 18 (yes, I know the 11 still won; not sure he would have if the tire hadn't gone).....

on Saturday, Tommy was screaming at JoLo - don't sweep out so wide - he knew the 18 was going to get it back because of how the car washed up (can't be because he did the same thing a couple of weeks ago and got freight trained from first to last - lol)

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 10:55 am 
Addicted Stalker

JRM88 wrote:
MEH....

I wanted to see a battle - not a blown tire....

best part of the night was watching those that pitted blow up the strategy of the 11 and 18 (yes, I know the 11 still won; not sure he would have if the tire hadn't gone).....

on Saturday, Tommy was screaming at JoLo - don't sweep out so wide - he knew the 18 was going to get it back because of how the car washed up (can't be because he did the same thing a couple of weeks ago and got freight trained from first to last - lol)

True, but at leat the blown tire was real, not staged yellows... :roll: :roll: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :ms:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 3:34 pm 
Brainwashed Stalker

I didn't watch.

One if the top, historical races, in the series. Wasn't interested. My how NASCAR has fallen.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 3:47 pm 
Pron Star

Now an encumbered win.....

loses 25 points for cheating with the rear suspension....

:hammer:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 9:01 pm 
Pron Star

TWO encumbered wins....

:annoy: :annoy: :annoy: :annoy:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 10:48 pm 
Brainwashed Stalker

That's a NASCAR problem.

If the penalty were tough enough, these guys wouldn't cheat as much.

Personally, and I'm a Denny fan, I think the wins should be stripped. They've got too many arcane rules, they need to simply the rules and harshen the penalties.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 7:59 am 
Addicted Stalker

RacerX wrote:
Personally, and I'm a Denny fan, I think the wins should be stripped. They've got too many arcane rules, they need to simply the rules and harshen the penalties.

What Racer said. I'm a Hammy fan too, and I honestly believe that just a short period of stripping wins and/or making a team sit out a race or two would take care of this problem.

Sponsor pressure would do a lot to correct the situation.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 5:25 pm 
Junior Stalker

I don't know why but I get so mad when a JGR car gets caught cheating. Makes me think all those huddles for group prayer and all Joe's references to the lord are just an act. Cheating is cheating, doesn't matter how much time you spent in church during the week. What a hypocrite.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 9:57 pm 
Brainwashed Stalker

It's hard to say when NASCAR won't say what the issue is.

Speeding on pit road is "cheating". Having numbers on the side of the car that don't conform to specifications is "cheating". Additives in fuel is "cheating".

They've all been caught "cheating". Even the athiests.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 11:03 pm 
Addicted Stalker

Space Potato wrote:
I don't know why but I get so mad when a JGR car gets caught cheating. Makes me think all those huddles for group prayer and all Joe's references to the lord are just an act. Cheating is cheating, doesn't matter how much time you spent in church during the week. What a hypocrite.

Just a point, I doubt Joe Gibbs spends much time wrenching on the cars...jus sayin.....

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:31 am 
Junior Stalker

mudslinger47 wrote:
Space Potato wrote:

Just a point, I doubt Joe Gibbs spends much time wrenching on the cars...jus sayin.....

That is true. But over the past number of years I would bet JGR would come second in number of times they've been penalised for cheating, only being beat by HMS. Gibbs himself is the leader and team builder there so if he wants to publicly display his belief in Christian values his team he built and he still controls should reflect that. Saying all the right things doesn't mean you can then do whatever you want.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 3:35 pm 
Brainwashed Stalker

Space Potato wrote:
mudslinger47 wrote:
Space Potato wrote:

That is true. But over the past number of years I would bet JGR would come second in number of times they've been penalised for cheating, only being beat by HMS. Gibbs himself is the leader and team builder there so if he wants to publicly display his belief in Christian values his team he built and he still controls should reflect that. Saying all the right things doesn't mean you can then do whatever you want.

Have you ever cheated? If you have, would it be hypocritical to get mad at others for cheating?

BTW...driving over the speed limit, failing to signal when changing lanes, taking a pen from work without permission.....all forms of cheating.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 3:38 pm 
Brainwashed Stalker

I warned about this crap years ago when they talked about having a measurement rule, but allowing so much over or under the measurement.

They have too many, too precise rules. And go all wimpy when someone breaks one.

They inspect the cars before the race. Barring Sterlin Marlin jumping out and pulling on his fender during a red flag, that should be sufficient.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 5:22 pm 
Addicted Stalker

RacerX wrote:
I warned about this crap years ago when they talked about having a measurement rule, but allowing so much over or under the measurement.

They have too many, too precise rules. And go all wimpy when someone breaks one.

They inspect the cars before the race. Barring Sterlin Marlin jumping out and pulling on his fender during a red flag, that should be sufficient.

To many ways to trick the system these days.... how many years ago was it that Rusty Wallace (Bubba's bro) had the trick shocks.... you think they haven't made that deal better? Swerving on the back stretch to pump the shocks and suspension back up... The racers have done this to themselves.... Bad Brad whining about Toyota having an advantage when its Ford being in a slump... The racers do it to themselves... in every division, NASCAR or otherwise.... everyone has a idea for a rule....that benefits themselves...

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 10:11 pm 
Brainwashed Stalker

mudslinger47 wrote:
RacerX wrote:

To many ways to trick the system these days.... how many years ago was it that Rusty Wallace (Bubba's bro) had the trick shocks.... you think they haven't made that deal better? Swerving on the back stretch to pump the shocks and suspension back up... The racers have done this to themselves.... Bad Brad whining about Toyota having an advantage when its Ford being in a slump... The racers do it to themselves... in every division, NASCAR or otherwise.... everyone has a idea for a rule....that benefits themselves...

Do what to themselves? Not get stiff enough penalties for cheating?

Who makes the rules, drivers or NASCAR? I'm well aware drivers are some of the biggest babies in the world about stuff. But it's NASCAR's job to enforce their rules in a manner so that the drivers obey them.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 2:45 am 
Addicted Stalker

I think they should pull a win.... this stuff would stop over night....

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 2:50 am 
Addicted Stalker

Space Potato wrote:
mudslinger47 wrote:
Space Potato wrote:

You'll be surprised.... this is the newest I could find that listed the most cheaters in one year...2012 I think was the year...

RCR
DEI
Evernham
Roush
Hendrick
JGR
Yates
Penske
PPI
Chip Ganassi
Robby Gordon
Haas-Carter
Wood Bros.
MWR
Andy Petree
Phoenix
BAM Racing
Waltrip
Bill Davis
Ultra Motorsports
SABCO
Morgan-McClure
Petty
R&J Racing
Haas-CNC
Hall of Fame
Front Row
JTG Daugherty
Ultra Motorsports
Stewart Haas
AJ Foyt
Brett Bodine
MBV
Victory in Jesus
Earnhardt/Ganassi
Red Bull
Midwest Transit
Eel River
Donlavey
MB2
Hermie Sadler
Arnold Motorsport
Hover
El Paso
Shlemerdine
Peak Fitness
Raabe Racing
McGlynn Racing
Mayfield
Germain
Prism

Article was written in 2015...

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:48 am 
Brainwashed Stalker

Denny wasn't cheating. It was just a code violation.

:rollsmiley:

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 12:53 pm 
Addicted Stalker

RacerX wrote:
Denny wasn't cheating. It was just a code violation.

:rollsmiley:

Actually your right...Denny doesn't work on either of those cars..... below his paygrade...