Board index
It is currently Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:48 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Congrats To Our Talladega2 Winner......
PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:48 am 
Addicted Stalker

.......Brad Kesolowski! I wish I could say it was due to incredibly skillful driving and outmanuevering his opponents, but it was more like outlasting the competition, sheer luck, and "right place, right time".

I don't remember a race like that since I've been watching (early 90's). In the dictionary, aside of the word "cluster", is a picture of this race. I think the final count on cars actually finishing the race was 14, but I could be wrong.

If NASCAR was going to engineer a last plate win for Joonyer, they certainly went about it the wrong way......... :dunno:

Post subject: Re: Congrats To Our Talladega2 Winner......
PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:04 am 
Indicted Stalker

vegas0307 wrote:
.......Brad Kesolowski! I wish I could say it was due to incredibly skillful driving and outmanuevering his opponents, but it was more like outlasting the competition, sheer luck, and "right place, right time".

I don't remember a race like that since I've been watching (early 90's). In the dictionary, aside of the word "cluster", is a picture of this race. I think the final count on cars actually finishing the race was 14, but I could be wrong.

If NASCAR was going to engineer a last plate win for Joonyer, they certainly went about it the wrong way......... :dunno:

There was Talladega Busch race in the mid 90's where there technically might have been more cars running, but many of them had only run half the laps because they wrecked earlier and had spent time in the garage. It was so bad a couple cars right outside the top ten finishers were like 6 laps down. I think there might have been a situation where a driver was injured in a wreck, but they were able to repair the car and send it out back with another driver(who had also crashed)to get points.

Post subject: Re: Congrats To Our Talladega2 Winner......
PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:03 am 
Obsessed Stalker

Gratz to Brad.