Board index
It is currently Thu Nov 23, 2017 5:02 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Wallace to the 43
PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 2:33 pm 
Stalker

Copied and Pasted from Jayski's site:
In one of the organization's most anticipated moments in its history, Richard Petty Motorsports announced today Darrell "Bubba" Wallace Jr. as the new driver of the #43 made famous by team co-owner, "The King" Richard Petty. Wallace, 24, will compete full-time in the Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series and for the Sunoco Rookie of The Year beginning at the 2018 Daytona 500.

Wallace, a native of Mobile, Alabama, is already one of the sport's most popular figures with an incredible record of success behind the wheel. A graduate of both NASCAR's Drive for Diversity and NASCAR Next programs, Wallace has broken several barriers and records throughout his rise within the sport.

Earlier this season, Wallace made his Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series debut as a substitute driver for the injured Aric Almirola in the #43 for Richard Petty Motorsports (RPM) at Pocono (Penn.) Raceway on June 11. Wallace showed rapid improvement over the four races he participated, substantially improving his finish position every race, culminating with an 11th place finish at Kentucky Speedway on July 8.

Wallace initially rose to prominence in 2013 with a NASCAR Camping World Truck Series victory at Martinsville (Va.) Speedway, becoming the first African-American driver in 50 years to win a NASCAR national touring series feature since NASCAR Hall of Fame driver Wendell Scott. The next season Wallace finished third overall in the truck series point standings with four wins for Kyle Busch Motorsports.

Wallace moved up full-time to the NASCAR Xfinity Series with Roush Fenway Racing in 2015, where he earned 31 Top-10 finishes over the last three seasons before making his Cup debut in June with RPM.

"This is a dream come true to race for 'The King', Richard Petty Motorsports, the iconic #43 and for all the fans and partners that have and continue to support this team," said Wallace. "I believe in what Richard Petty Motorsports is doing and their desire to win races. I believe this team, its partners and fans are ready to see some great things again. I'm humbled that they have chosen me to take that next step with them. I'm ready for next season to begin and to prove to people that we can compete at the level we all expect to be at."

Veteran and winning crew chief Drew Blickensderfer will continue to lead the #43 team in 2018 with Wallace. Petty believes that Wallace brings the current youth movement to RPM.

"We have hired a lot of different drivers in the past, but Wallace brings a lot of youth and talent to our team," explained Petty. "He's proven at a young age to be able to be consistent on a weekly basis, give feedback to the team to help improve the car and race hard to get the best finish possible. He knows how to win, too. His records leading up to the top levels of NASCAR speak for themselves. We feel that Bubba can immediately come in and compete. He's really eager to show what he can do and that he belongs in the Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series."

Wallace will become the first full-time African-American driver in the Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series since Scott.

Partners (sponsors and manufacturer) for Wallace and the #43 team for the 2018 season will be announced at a later date.

--- Richard Petty Motorsports ---

Post subject: Re: Wallace to the 43
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 12:21 am 
Addicted Stalker

Good deal, I like Darrell's drive!!! :cheers: :rok: :thumb: :ksthumb:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 9:17 am 
Addicted Stalker

Usually, when I read about a driver being bumped up to a Cup ride from a lower series, I think maybe they're moving up too soon, and will "burn out" before anything good happens. In Bubba's case, I really think he's ready, and I'll be cheering for him. :thumb:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:02 am 
Obsessed Stalker

You know, I hope they don't put PC pressure on this kid, with comparisons to Wendell Scott. Or that it's a major step forward for diversity.

Just let the kid race and see where it ends up.

Anyway, until NASCAR promoted (should that be celebrated?!? ) the fact that he's a black driver, I had no idea he was a black driver. Now, I haven't watched the 2nd tier series in some several years but I have listened from time to time and his name caught my attention.

That's all I know. And knew. Until they made a highlight of his race.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:26 am 
Brainwashed Stalker

I thought he was some golfer.

If he's black, I guess that explains why he's not.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:55 am 
Addicted Stalker

jlb wrote:
You know, I hope they don't put PC pressure on this kid, with comparisons to Wendell Scott. Or that it's a major step forward for diversity.

Anyway, until NASCAR promoted (should that be celebrated?!? ) the fact that he's a black driver, I had no idea he was a black driver. Now, I haven't watched the 2nd tier series in some several years but I have listened from time to time and his name caught my attention.

They already have, but that started a couple of years ago... he got in to NASCAR via Drive for Diversity, but before you chastise him for that, so did Kyle Larson, Daniel Suarez and Danica Patrick to name a couple... I think Amirolia too, but not positive...

They've handled it well and Bubba thinks its a plus....

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:58 am 
Obsessed Stalker

mudslinger47 wrote:
jlb wrote:

They already have, but that started a couple of years ago... he got in to NASCAR via Drive for Diversity, but before you chastise him for that, so did Kyle Larson, Daniel Suarez and Danica Patrick to name a couple... I think Amirolia too, but not positive...

They've handled it well and Bubba thinks its a plus....

I'm not chastising him for a damn thing. I thought he was related to Rusty somehow.... you know.... the last name?!? That's how out of touch I've become over the last few years with the 2nd tier series. But I did hear his name several times here and there and I saw him race at Bristol a few times. I had no idea he was black, and I didn't care. He caught my attention because of his last name and that he seemed to be a hard driver with some measure of raw talent.

I'm chastising NASCAR, if I'm chastising anybody.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 11:36 am 
Brainwashed Stalker

Rusty who?

Said 90% of the new generation of fans

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 11:42 am 
Brainwashed Stalker

It's not Wallace's fault NASCAR favorites him....but it does cause a bit of a backlash, because it artificially manipulates the natural progression and is a racist and sexist program.

And besides, Danica has truly shown she belongs. :sar:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 12:17 pm 
Addicted Stalker

RacerX wrote:
It's not Wallace's fault NASCAR favorites him....but it does cause a bit of a backlash, because it artificially manipulates the natural progression and is a racist and sexist program.

So what's your point? :?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 12:42 pm 
Obsessed Stalker

mudslinger47 wrote:
RacerX wrote:

I'm going to bump and run this thread.

Danica is a girl and she's first ballot NASCAR HoF :rok:

Sorry, I didn't mean to wreck this thread, I was just trying to rattle it's cage :wave:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 7:25 pm 
Addicted Stalker

Never was a Dale Sr. fan... never care for him... I do realize that off the track he wasn't a bad guy, I did get to meet him once at Riverside in Ca.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 7:52 pm 
Brainwashed Stalker

mudslinger47 wrote:
RacerX wrote:

The "racing" is not the only fake thing in NASCAR. :wave:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 8:57 pm 
Addicted Stalker

RacerX wrote:
mudslinger47 wrote:
RacerX wrote:

LOL says the guy that doesn't watch....

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:04 pm 
Brainwashed Stalker

mudslinger47 wrote:
RacerX wrote:
mudslinger47 wrote:
RacerX wrote:

Would you make up your mind? Half the time you tell me not to watch, the other half you complain I don't watch.

There's no pleasing you.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:36 pm 
Obsessed Stalker

mudslinger47 wrote:
Never was a Dale Sr. fan... never care for him... I do realize that off the track he wasn't a bad guy, I did get to meet him once at Riverside in Ca.

So, you're publicly admitting that you're a hater. It's cool man. The first step to recovery and all ya know....

:wave:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 1:50 am 
Addicted Stalker

jlb wrote:
mudslinger47 wrote:

So, you're publicly admitting that you're a hater. It's cool man. The first step to recovery and all ya know....

:wave:

No, don't hate anyone.... not even Sr. ... though I get a kick out of Jr.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 1:51 am 
Addicted Stalker

RacerX wrote:
mudslinger47 wrote:
RacerX wrote:
mudslinger47 wrote:
RacerX wrote:

Would you make up your mind? Half the time you tell me not to watch, the other half you complain I don't watch.

There's no pleasing you.

I believe it was you that said you didn't watch.... I just merely stated that if your not going to watch you probably should bitch... JMO

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:50 am 
Brainwashed Stalker

Why do you keep telling me what to do or not do? Control issues, like Kyle????

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 7:45 pm 
Addicted Stalker

RacerX wrote:

More like NASCAR..... :wis:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 8:23 pm 
Brainwashed Stalker

mudslinger47 wrote:
RacerX wrote:

More like NASCAR..... :wis:

Well, I can't argue with that. :crackup:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 1:17 am 
Addicted Stalker

I really like Wallace as a driver, but him being half black and me being a full racist, its hard for me to get that point across .... :shock:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:55 am 
Brainwashed Stalker

WAIT....He's only half-black????

Wendell Scott is still the king!!! :rok:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 11:47 am 
Addicted Stalker

RacerX wrote:
WAIT....He's only half-black????

Wendell Scott is still the king!!! :rok:

Yep.....

But Wallace is a ton more funny.... he and Blaney together are a crack up..... Listened to Wallace the other night, he and Blaney and Chase and Kyle Larson all came up together and have been racing against each other for years... kinda interesting, you don't think about that...

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:10 am 
Brainwashed Stalker

I can't decide....Chasey Kahne or Cutie Pie?

I suppose I should wait until he actually wins a race to pull out the Chasey Kahne moniker.