Board index
It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 11:12 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Martinsville - Schedule, Chatter, Etc
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 7:12 pm 
Addicted Stalker

MARTINSVILLE
Friday October 27
1:00pm-1:55pm Truck Series Practice (FS1)
3:00pm-3:55pm Truck Series Final Practice (FS1)

Saturday October 28
10:00am Truck Series Qualifying (FS1)
11:30am-12:20pm Cup Practice (NBC Sports App)
1:00pm Truck Series Texas Roadhouse 200 (200 laps, 105.2 miles) (Stage 1 ends after lap 50, Stage 2 ends after lap 100) (Green Flag at 1:16pm) (FS1)
4:00pm-4:55pm Cup Final Practice (NBCSN)

Sunday October 29
12:05pm Cup Qualifying (NBCSN)
3:00pm Cup First Data 500 (500 laps, 263 miles) (Stage 1 ends after lap 130, Stage 2 ends after lap 260) (Green Flag at 3:13pm) (NBCSN)

Post subject: Re: Martinsville - Schedule, Chatter, Etc
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 10:36 pm 
Addicted Stalker

Cool, thank you!!!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 9:55 am 
Addicted Stalker

gibbs wrote:
Sunday October 29
12:05pm Cup Qualifying (NBCSN)
3:00pm Cup First Data 500 (500 laps, 263 miles) (Stage 1 ends after lap 130, Stage 2 ends after lap 260) (Green Flag at 3:13pm) (NBCSN)

(I hate when they do that. :annoy: )

Thanks, Miss Erin.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 10:10 am 
Obsessed Stalker

looks like a rainy, windy wet morning up there.

Been to Martinsville a couple of times in the fall, one time for six days :D

It can be chilly, even when the weather is nice. Wouldn't want to be in that field with the type of weather they're having this morning.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 8:32 pm 
Brainwashed Stalker

Cutie pie got wrecked.

Congrats NASCAR! You're going the way of the WWE!!! :crackup:

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 8:45 pm 
Brainwashed Stalker

Good grief, I just saw the "incident".

Cutie pie ran out of talent entering the corner.

Blocking does tend to do that to a person.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 8:48 pm 
Indicted Stalker

I was laughing at the former drivers who are commentator's for NBC trying to say "there is a difference between knocking someone out of the way and wrecking them." The 2 was headed straight for the wall before Brad gathered it up when Chase ran him up the track. But if he had not straightened it out would that have been wrong too?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 11:07 pm 
Brainwashed Stalker

Been LMAO at Cutie Pie's fans.

They are acting like democrats are to Trump's election victory.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 1:01 am 
Addicted Stalker

All I know about (or care) is that Kyle won.... even though the only reason was he was there (right place, right time)... great one lap sprint with Martin....That was one great race.... you should have watched it and listen to a couple of the drivers discussing what they needed to do to get more stage points... makes the racing aggressive for the whole race, not just the last ten laps...

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 9:52 am 
Obsessed Stalker

I stand on my comments in the other thread :wave:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 11:02 am 
Indicted Stalker

I thought it was hilarious yesterday watching fans of a certain retired driver losing their minds over a move that their former driver made his Bristol career out of. Of course it's always different when it happens to their driver instead of him being the one doing the deed.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 11:30 am 
Brainwashed Stalker

I thought everyone loved Matinsville because that's the way you race there. ROTFLMAO!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 11:48 am 
Obsessed Stalker

For my part I (we) loved Martinsville. The racing. The ambience. The area. It had an old school feel to it. But NASCAR don't want them some short track shenanigans and they got the drivers to back that up. Remember when they moved Darlington's date? Remember when ISC bought Martinsville? (That's when we stopped going, because ISC fucked up the ambience at Martinsville). I'll have to pen a story someday on our "shenanigans" at Martinsville the first two years we went there.

Anyway, all of that, if my memory is serving me correctly, was tied directly to Brian France's push to get a race date in New York City. Brian France coveted NYC badly. Monte Dutton and David Poole, among others, had comments directly and indirectly related to these events as they were transpiring.

They were willing to throw Darlington under the bus. But the fans saved it. It was the clearest and most obvious sign that the fans were giving NASCAR the middle finger. The other would have been the non-attendance shit-burger the fans were serving up.

NASCAR didn't want Darlington or Martinsville on the schedule, if they could get away with getting rid of them. There were (and are) legitimate reasons from their perspective to go to a sexier track and most of it has to do with location and TV market, especially Martinsville because it's out of the way. They almost got away with it. The shame is that they tried, and you still have dumbasses around apologizing for them now because they're trying to cover up past mistakes with newer mistakes.... all while saying the newer "mistakes" are being committed for the sake of the fans.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 12:10 pm 
Pron Star

RacerX wrote:
I thought everyone loved Matinsville because that's the way you race there. ROTFLMAO!

Hard racing is one thing - think "8 wheels turn better than 4"...

dumping a driver like that - driving under and lifting the wheels off the ground....no.....and, as jlb will attest, I was not a fan of Earnhardt and that type of driving. I still am not a fan of that type of driving. That's me. I don't expect everyone to agree with it....

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 12:14 pm 
Addicted Stalker

JRM88 wrote:
RacerX wrote:

dumping a driver like that - driving under and lifting the wheels off the ground....no.....and, as jlb will attest, I was not a fan of Earnhardt and that type of driving. I still am not a fan of that type of driving. That's me. I don't expect everyone to agree with it....

I agree with you which is why I was a fan of the change at Bristol, for the same reason, only way to pass was to move the guy in front... Denny was wrong, he owned up to it....doesn't help Chase at all, but Chase ran Brad up too, so it isn't all innocents and what not...

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 12:27 pm 
Obsessed Stalker

JRM88 wrote:
RacerX wrote:

Earnhardt didn't do a lot of that though. He was good enough to turn them around without lifting their wheels off the ground. And a lot of those he did chrome horn, a lot of them were good enough that they didn't wreck. :wink: :lol: :wave:

I know you like Chase and I know that sucks. But ole Denny pulled the move. Do what Earnhardt did. Own it, and move on. Don't run your mouth off.... and especially.... don't apologize. Apologies don't work, not within the context of this long-time ongoing discussion. Apologies just feed the frenzy, from my point of view.

I don't want a track full of Johnny Benson's and Mark Martin's. Racing isn't a sanitized endeavor. It's rough, it's tough and at times it's violent. People who do it got to have a certain type of tough about them. Apologies ruin that, because from my point of view - and as it pertains to this particular incident - Denny Hamlin knew what he was doing and he did what he meant to do. He's in this god forsaken "playoff" circus and a win was on the line. Same thing with Chase. If the roles were reversed and Chase did this I'd be here commending him for punking Denny's day.

I don't like Denny Hamlin, in case you haven't noticed :crackup:

FFS.... STFU and move on. This apology crap makes me sick, and one of the other reasons I'm moving further and further away from this circus NASCAR has become.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 12:38 pm 
Obsessed Stalker

mudslinger47 wrote:
JRM88 wrote:
RacerX wrote:

I agree with you which is why I was a fan of the change at Bristol, for the same reason, only way to pass was to move the guy in front... Denny was wrong, he owned up to it....doesn't help Chase at all, but Chase ran Brad up too, so it isn't all innocents and what not...

Only thing Denny was wrong about was issuing that half-assed apology. He said it for fan and media consumption. He knew what he was doing, and he meant to do it.

They changed the track at Bristol. It was, imo, one of the better things they did. It changed the racing, but I still believe in my heart of hearts that old school drivers would still utilize the bump and run when the race was on the line. This new crop.... I'm not so sure about them. In fact, I think the evidence is in that they won't.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 12:53 pm 
Obsessed Stalker

hey 88, I just watched the first couple minutes of I Am Dale Earnhardt. I saw a few spinouts and no rear wheels were lifted off the ground :wave:

:wink: :D

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 1:53 pm 
Brainwashed Stalker

JRM88 wrote:
RacerX wrote:

I guess I didn't see any wheels lifted.

I saw a slight bump, heard an immediate "oh crap I wrecked him", and since have been LOL at haters who won't accept a mea culpa crying about Cutie Pie being murdered.

The announcers were talking about Cutie Pie blocking 2 seconds before he ran out of talent.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 7:23 pm 
Addicted Stalker

Water under the bridge.... besides, Kyle won and that was the important thing.... :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 7:54 pm 
Brainwashed Stalker

mudslinger47 wrote:
Water under the bridge.... besides, Kyle won and that was the important thing.... :mrgreen:

I watched it again to see if I was mistaken.

I wasn't. Just Martinsville racing.

Poor Cutie Pie. Poor poor Cutie Pie.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 2:08 pm 
Brainwashed Stalker

Fast Eddie Gossage will never let a tragedy go to waste

LOL the people's champion LOL