Board index
It is currently Mon Dec 18, 2017 6:50 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Last ride for a legend
PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 5:47 pm 
Offline
Brainwashed Stalker
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 11, 2008 9:27 am
Posts: 5774
Homestead marks the finish line in the fulltime career of one of the alltime greats in NASCAR. I hope NASCAR shows some respect and appreciation for the many wonderful achievements this driver has accomplished. This driver will surely be missed at the track, but will no doubt live on in our memories and in the NASCAR Hall-Of-Fame as a first ballot inductee. I'm speaking of course of the legendary Danica Patrick. Thanks Danica, you truly showed that being the best doesn't mean winning anything at all.

_________________
This post is an opinion only, and not to be taken as an attack on any individual or group.
Reading this post constitutes a contractual agreement with the author that this post is in no way, shape, or form, an attack on anyone or anything.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Last ride for a legend
PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 5:50 pm 
Offline
Brainwashed Stalker
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 11, 2008 9:27 am
Posts: 5774
Image

_________________
This post is an opinion only, and not to be taken as an attack on any individual or group.
Reading this post constitutes a contractual agreement with the author that this post is in no way, shape, or form, an attack on anyone or anything.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Last ride for a legend
PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 5:51 pm 
Offline
Brainwashed Stalker
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 11, 2008 9:27 am
Posts: 5774
Image

_________________
This post is an opinion only, and not to be taken as an attack on any individual or group.
Reading this post constitutes a contractual agreement with the author that this post is in no way, shape, or form, an attack on anyone or anything.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Last ride for a legend
PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 5:52 pm 
Offline
Brainwashed Stalker
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 11, 2008 9:27 am
Posts: 5774
Image

_________________
This post is an opinion only, and not to be taken as an attack on any individual or group.
Reading this post constitutes a contractual agreement with the author that this post is in no way, shape, or form, an attack on anyone or anything.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Last ride for a legend
PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 7:19 pm 
Offline
Junior Stalker
User avatar

Joined: Tue Sep 08, 2009 10:38 am
Posts: 26
No, she never lived up to the hype. But is that her fault? There's another driving leaving after Homestead that fell way short of what his legions of fans told us he was capable of.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Last ride for a legend
PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 7:43 pm 
Offline
Brainwashed Stalker
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 11, 2008 9:27 am
Posts: 5774
Yeah, but Kenseth won some races and had a championship.

_________________
This post is an opinion only, and not to be taken as an attack on any individual or group.
Reading this post constitutes a contractual agreement with the author that this post is in no way, shape, or form, an attack on anyone or anything.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Last ride for a legend
PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:41 pm 
Offline
Addicted Stalker

Joined: Wed May 05, 2010 1:06 am
Posts: 3918
She hanging it up? Well good for her... on ward and up ward...

_________________
DUANE TRUMP WON----DEAL WITH IT...LOL


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Last ride for a legend
PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:08 pm 
Offline
Brainwashed Stalker
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 11, 2008 9:27 am
Posts: 5774
mudslinger47 wrote:
She hanging it up? Well good for her... on ward and up ward...


She says she's going to run Daytona and....I don't recall. 2 races next season.

_________________
This post is an opinion only, and not to be taken as an attack on any individual or group.
Reading this post constitutes a contractual agreement with the author that this post is in no way, shape, or form, an attack on anyone or anything.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Last ride for a legend
PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:10 pm 
Offline
Addicted Stalker

Joined: Wed May 05, 2010 1:06 am
Posts: 3918
RacerX wrote:
mudslinger47 wrote:
She hanging it up? Well good for her... on ward and up ward...


She says she's going to run Daytona and....I don't recall. 2 races next season.



Good for her.... she made a bundle and had some fun... what else could ya ask for?

_________________
DUANE TRUMP WON----DEAL WITH IT...LOL


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Last ride for a legend
PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:39 am 
Offline
Brainwashed Stalker
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 11, 2008 9:27 am
Posts: 5774
It's good for NASCAR.

Another option for a fairytale win to end the season. I wonder which one they will choose:

Kenseth: naw, his fairy tale win was last week
Patrick: would be biggest fairytale win of them all.
Jr.: Would garner most attention
Truex: because not-his-wife has cancer
Busch: pro wrestling sometimes needs a villan as champ
Keselowski: see Busch, but not villanous

_________________
This post is an opinion only, and not to be taken as an attack on any individual or group.
Reading this post constitutes a contractual agreement with the author that this post is in no way, shape, or form, an attack on anyone or anything.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Last ride for a legend
PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:24 pm 
Offline
Addicted Stalker

Joined: Wed May 05, 2010 1:06 am
Posts: 3918
I don't know, but I think they'll just race for it...

I read Chip Ganasi interested in Danica for the Indy 500 if they can make the numbers work....

_________________
DUANE TRUMP WON----DEAL WITH IT...LOL


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Last ride for a legend
PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 3:02 pm 
Offline
Brainwashed Stalker
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 11, 2008 9:27 am
Posts: 5774
I got $5 that says NASCAR will get in the way of the race.

_________________
This post is an opinion only, and not to be taken as an attack on any individual or group.
Reading this post constitutes a contractual agreement with the author that this post is in no way, shape, or form, an attack on anyone or anything.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Last ride for a legend
PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:52 am 
Offline
Addicted Stalker

Joined: Wed May 05, 2010 1:06 am
Posts: 3918
RacerX wrote:
I got $5 that says NASCAR will get in the way of the race.


Give the five bucks to your kid... NASCAR did a great job....

_________________
DUANE TRUMP WON----DEAL WITH IT...LOL


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Last ride for a legend
PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:00 am 
Offline
Brainwashed Stalker
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 11, 2008 9:27 am
Posts: 5774
mudslinger47 wrote:
RacerX wrote:
I got $5 that says NASCAR will get in the way of the race.


Give the five bucks to your kid... NASCAR did a great job....



Nah, fake race stoppages again. Boo NASCAR!

_________________
This post is an opinion only, and not to be taken as an attack on any individual or group.
Reading this post constitutes a contractual agreement with the author that this post is in no way, shape, or form, an attack on anyone or anything.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Last ride for a legend
PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:01 am 
Offline
Addicted Stalker

Joined: Wed May 05, 2010 1:06 am
Posts: 3918
RacerX wrote:
mudslinger47 wrote:
RacerX wrote:
I got $5 that says NASCAR will get in the way of the race.


Give the five bucks to your kid... NASCAR did a great job....



Nah, fake race stoppages again. Boo NASCAR!


When?

_________________
DUANE TRUMP WON----DEAL WITH IT...LOL


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Last ride for a legend
PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:18 am 
Offline
Brainwashed Stalker
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 11, 2008 9:27 am
Posts: 5774
mudslinger47 wrote:
RacerX wrote:
mudslinger47 wrote:
RacerX wrote:
I got $5 that says NASCAR will get in the way of the race.


Give the five bucks to your kid... NASCAR did a great job....



Nah, fake race stoppages again. Boo NASCAR!


When?


Stage 1 and 2


Fake stoppages are so common now, you don't even notice them. :wave:

_________________
This post is an opinion only, and not to be taken as an attack on any individual or group.
Reading this post constitutes a contractual agreement with the author that this post is in no way, shape, or form, an attack on anyone or anything.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Last ride for a legend
PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:27 pm 
Offline
Obsessed Stalker
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:25 am
Posts: 1225
RacerX wrote:
mudslinger47 wrote:
RacerX wrote:
mudslinger47 wrote:
RacerX wrote:
I got $5 that says NASCAR will get in the way of the race.


Give the five bucks to your kid... NASCAR did a great job....



Nah, fake race stoppages again. Boo NASCAR!


When?


Stage 1 and 2


Fake stoppages are so common now, you don't even notice them. :wave:


this

and this

RacerX wrote:
Image



:thumb: :crackup:

_________________
Indifference breeds contempt


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Last ride for a legend
PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:18 pm 
Offline
Addicted Stalker

Joined: Wed May 05, 2010 1:06 am
Posts: 3918
RacerX wrote:
mudslinger47 wrote:
RacerX wrote:
mudslinger47 wrote:
RacerX wrote:
I got $5 that says NASCAR will get in the way of the race.


Give the five bucks to your kid... NASCAR did a great job....



Nah, fake race stoppages again. Boo NASCAR!


When?


Stage 1 and 2


Fake stoppages are so common now, you don't even notice them. :wave:


Part of the show, thought you knew that.... nice try though.... you mean you actually watched?

And I partially agree with you , there is no reason for the stage in the final race....

_________________
DUANE TRUMP WON----DEAL WITH IT...LOL


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Last ride for a legend
PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:38 pm 
Offline
Brainwashed Stalker
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 11, 2008 9:27 am
Posts: 5774
mudslinger47 wrote:
RacerX wrote:
mudslinger47 wrote:
RacerX wrote:
mudslinger47 wrote:
RacerX wrote:
I got $5 that says NASCAR will get in the way of the race.


Give the five bucks to your kid... NASCAR did a great job....



Nah, fake race stoppages again. Boo NASCAR!


When?


Stage 1 and 2


Fake stoppages are so common now, you don't even notice them. :wave:


Part of the show, thought you knew that.... nice try though.... you mean you actually watched?

And I partially agree with you , there is no reason for the stage in the final race....


No, I didn't watch the show. I watched another show.

Funny it's impossible for NASCAR to award stage points without stopping the race. :wis:

_________________
This post is an opinion only, and not to be taken as an attack on any individual or group.
Reading this post constitutes a contractual agreement with the author that this post is in no way, shape, or form, an attack on anyone or anything.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Last ride for a legend
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:08 am 
Offline
Addicted Stalker

Joined: Wed May 05, 2010 1:06 am
Posts: 3918
RacerX wrote:
mudslinger47 wrote:
RacerX wrote:
mudslinger47 wrote:
RacerX wrote:
mudslinger47 wrote:
RacerX wrote:
I got $5 that says NASCAR will get in the way of the race.


Give the five bucks to your kid... NASCAR did a great job....



Nah, fake race stoppages again. Boo NASCAR!


When?


Stage 1 and 2


Fake stoppages are so common now, you don't even notice them. :wave:


Part of the show, thought you knew that.... nice try though.... you mean you actually watched?

And I partially agree with you , there is no reason for the stage in the final race....


No, I didn't watch the show. I watched another show.

Funny it's impossible for NASCAR to award stage points without stopping the race. :wis:


No, it is intirely possible, but they like doing it this way... OK by me , the racing is still pretty good on most all the tracks... the sleeper tracks are always going to be sleepers... some of them don't make for exciting racing...the stage racing actually helps them more...JMO You don't have to agree ....

_________________
DUANE TRUMP WON----DEAL WITH IT...LOL


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Last ride for a legend
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:11 am 
Offline
Brainwashed Stalker
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 11, 2008 9:27 am
Posts: 5774
They like doing it this way because it's more control for them over the outcome.


Yes, I know it's possible....sarcasm, look it up.

_________________
This post is an opinion only, and not to be taken as an attack on any individual or group.
Reading this post constitutes a contractual agreement with the author that this post is in no way, shape, or form, an attack on anyone or anything.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Last ride for a legend
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:43 pm 
Offline
Addicted Stalker

Joined: Wed May 05, 2010 1:06 am
Posts: 3918
RacerX wrote:
They like doing it this way because it's more control for them over the outcome.


Yes, I know it's possible....sarcasm, look it up.



Look what up? I know what sarcasm is.....


By the way, every promoter controls every race, one way or the other.... may I introduce you to IMCA.....

_________________
DUANE TRUMP WON----DEAL WITH IT...LOL


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Last ride for a legend
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:13 pm 
Offline
Brainwashed Stalker
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 11, 2008 9:27 am
Posts: 5774
mudslinger47 wrote:
RacerX wrote:
They like doing it this way because it's more control for them over the outcome.


Yes, I know it's possible....sarcasm, look it up.



Look what up? I know what sarcasm is.....


By the way, every promoter controls every race, one way or the other.... may I introduce you to IMCA.....


You are absolutely correct on that.

NASCAR over controls it.

_________________
This post is an opinion only, and not to be taken as an attack on any individual or group.
Reading this post constitutes a contractual agreement with the author that this post is in no way, shape, or form, an attack on anyone or anything.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Last ride for a legend
PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:15 am 
Offline
Addicted Stalker

Joined: Wed May 05, 2010 1:06 am
Posts: 3918
MEH, your opinion, I don't see it that way.... But then again, I like the stages....

Oh and I think two reasons for Kenseth not getting a ride, drivers can't command the kind of money they've been getting any more and his age.... Younger guys coming at half a million verses 8 to 10 million a year make the nut a little easier to crack...

_________________
DUANE TRUMP WON----DEAL WITH IT...LOL


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Last ride for a legend
PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:40 am 
Offline
Brainwashed Stalker
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 11, 2008 9:27 am
Posts: 5774
mudslinger47 wrote:
MEH, your opinion, I don't see it that way.... But then again, I like the stages....

Oh and I think two reasons for Kenseth not getting a ride, drivers can't command the kind of money they've been getting any more and his age.... Younger guys coming at half a million verses 8 to 10 million a year make the nut a little easier to crack...


LMAO.

I agreed with you, and now you say you don't agree.


The problem is NASCAR is trying to manufacture excitement with most of the things they come up with. They should let excitement occur naturally. I'm all for Organic NASCAR.

_________________
This post is an opinion only, and not to be taken as an attack on any individual or group.
Reading this post constitutes a contractual agreement with the author that this post is in no way, shape, or form, an attack on anyone or anything.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Last ride for a legend
PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:17 am 
Offline
Obsessed Stalker
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:25 am
Posts: 1225
Speaking of NASCAR, here's another take and most of you know who this guy is...

Matt's take on the recently completed season. Are we still through?

Now, we look ahead to a 2018 world without some of the sport’s biggest names. What worries me most is the powers that be at NASCAR don’t seem to realize the depth of the challenges they face. Or perhaps, in the modern political environment they can use “alternative truths” to replace cold hard facts that can be studied and analyzed to show reality. After last year’s disastrous “State of the Sport” address featuring our very own Brian France, NASCAR decided to send in some backup for the boss in the form of series president Brent Dewar. You remember last year’s PR debacle, right? It involved France sweating profusely, throwing his arms around like one of those inflatable tube people on a used car lot. He cut off reporters, refused to answer some questions, and ended the affair 17 minutes into a scheduled 30-minute session.

In the course of this year’s slightly more orderly presser France went ahead and stated that attendance at racetracks for NASCAR events was actually up in “22 or 23” cases. Oddly enough, the main track owners in NASCAR, SMI and ISC, are publicly traded corporations and as such they must release quarterly reports on their earnings. In both cases, the facts and figures seem to contradict what France claimed. In addition, despite claims Sunday’s race was a sellout there were clearly empty seats at the event.

Nor does France think there’s a long-term problem with the TV ratings in the sport. He contended, not for the first time, that a declining television audience actually reflects that more people are using alternate forms to “consume” their NASCAR races on the computer or on their phone. But recently, those “add ons” have been included in some ratings reports and they do not hike the numbers significantly. Sunday’s NBC broadcast from Homestead earned a 2.7 rating (down from a 3.3 last year), better than most events lately but still a long way from entering the pantheon of major sporting championship events.

I still don’t get it. NASCAR claims 80 million fans but only around 2.5 million of them watch any given race? What are the other 77.5 million fans doing on Sundays? Perusing the shelves of the local grocery store for branded products? Whose manufacturers sponsor NASCAR teams, done out of their legendary loyalty to those sponsors that some still claim exists? Sure, NASCAR has added 12 corporate sponsors as of late. But perhaps I fail to see the importance of being the Official Urinary Catheter of NASCAR.

While Mr. Dewar seemed a bit more grounded in reality than France, one of his comments convinced me that the sport is in real trouble. “We try to put a process in place to get the best inputs to allow us to make the best decisions,” he said. “We started with the manufacturers, the OEMs, and then we went to the team owners and the drivers and the tracks, and then we come together collaboratively, bring all those things together, and you see some of that hard work.”

Car manufacturers, check. Team owners, check. Drivers (those of them who are left), check. But where’s the input from the fans, the fans that NASCAR claims to love so dearly, the ones whose hard-earned money actually finances the sport? Despite some repeated and heated protests against some elements by the vox populi those protests are ignored.


I'm not sure, I think he loves racing, but thinks NASCAR is stupid. Anybody want to check me on that? :wave:

btw, NASCAR was no fan of Matt. To this day, I believe they hosed him big time back in the SpeedFX/R1 days. Way to many spelling/grammatical errors for a guy that knows how to write. Then they shit-canned him.

Because he didn't tow the France family line of bullshit and propaganda.

y'alls mileage can and may vary :D

_________________
Indifference breeds contempt


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Last ride for a legend
PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:53 pm 
Offline
Addicted Stalker

Joined: Wed May 05, 2010 1:06 am
Posts: 3918
RacerX wrote:
mudslinger47 wrote:
MEH, your opinion, I don't see it that way.... But then again, I like the stages....

Oh and I think two reasons for Kenseth not getting a ride, drivers can't command the kind of money they've been getting any more and his age.... Younger guys coming at half a million verses 8 to 10 million a year make the nut a little easier to crack...


LMAO.

I agreed with you, and now you say you don't agree.


The problem is NASCAR is trying to manufacture excitement with most of the things they come up with. They should let excitement occur naturally. I'm all for Organic NASCAR.


I dont agree NASCAR controls the winner of the race, which is what your alluding to.... I also don't think they throw the arrent yellows any more....

_________________
DUANE TRUMP WON----DEAL WITH IT...LOL


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Last ride for a legend
PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:57 pm 
Offline
Addicted Stalker

Joined: Wed May 05, 2010 1:06 am
Posts: 3918
jlb wrote:
Speaking of NASCAR, here's another take and most of you know who this guy is...

Matt's take on the recently completed season. Are we still through?

Because he didn't tow the France family line of bullshit and propaganda.

y'alls mileage can and may vary :D


His opinion, no more valid then yours or mine...

_________________
DUANE TRUMP WON----DEAL WITH IT...LOL


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Last ride for a legend
PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 2:31 pm 
Offline
Brainwashed Stalker
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 11, 2008 9:27 am
Posts: 5774
I didn't realize MATT was on RaceCom.

_________________
This post is an opinion only, and not to be taken as an attack on any individual or group.
Reading this post constitutes a contractual agreement with the author that this post is in no way, shape, or form, an attack on anyone or anything.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Last ride for a legend
PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 8:06 pm 
Offline
Indicted Stalker
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 11, 2005 9:08 pm
Posts: 864
RacerX wrote:
Homestead marks the finish line in the fulltime career of one of the alltime greats in NASCAR. I hope NASCAR shows some respect and appreciation for the many wonderful achievements this driver has accomplished. This driver will surely be missed at the track, but will no doubt live on in our memories and in the NASCAR Hall-Of-Fame as a first ballot inductee. I'm speaking of course of the legendary Danica Patrick. Thanks Danica, you truly showed that being the best doesn't mean winning anything at all.


Definitely a first ballot hall of famer. This proves that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJXFZ7tvqmc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mGJ4vrKJ6ys


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Last ride for a legend
PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 12:53 pm 
Offline
Addicted Stalker

Joined: Wed May 05, 2010 1:06 am
Posts: 3918
From Keven Harvick.... Most NASCAR fans have been focused on the retirement of Dale Earnhardt Jr., and for good reason. He’s been the most popular driver in the sport for more than a decade, and he continued the legacy of his legendary father.

As much as Junior is revered across NASCAR, Kevin Harvick told AutoSport that there’s another driver who will leave a huge whole in the sport — Danica Patrick.
“But she’s a mega-star. If you look at the things that she’s accomplished, who do you compare it to, really?” he said. “There’s nobody else lined up to fill those shoes and do the things that she’s done. That’ll create a huge hole.”
Harvick and Patrick were teammates at Stewart-Haas Racing — he in the No. 4, she in the No. 10 — so he has an up close look at her impact. It’s been well established that Patrick didn’t have huge success on the track, but off the track, she’s built a marketing machine that’s led to a clothing line and other business ventures. And as NASCAR tries to diversify its fan base, there are no other female drivers on the horizon that have her name recognition and following.
NASCAR itself knows how important Patrick was to the sport, and publicly hoped that she would return. Without her, NASCAR has to try to fill a giant marketing void that won’t easy to plug.



Oddly enough, some have a little respect for what she accomplished.... :roll:

_________________
DUANE TRUMP WON----DEAL WITH IT...LOL


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Last ride for a legend
PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 2:27 pm 
Offline
Brainwashed Stalker
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 11, 2008 9:27 am
Posts: 5774
Cool! Kevin Harvick agrees with me and my original post!


Do not doubt me.

Danica deserves the hall of fame for all her accomplishments.

_________________
This post is an opinion only, and not to be taken as an attack on any individual or group.
Reading this post constitutes a contractual agreement with the author that this post is in no way, shape, or form, an attack on anyone or anything.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Last ride for a legend
PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 4:06 pm 
Offline
Indicted Stalker
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 11, 2005 9:08 pm
Posts: 864
mudslinger47 wrote:
From Keven Harvick.... Most NASCAR fans have been focused on the retirement of Dale Earnhardt Jr., and for good reason. He’s been the most popular driver in the sport for more than a decade, and he continued the legacy of his legendary father.

As much as Junior is revered across NASCAR, Kevin Harvick told AutoSport that there’s another driver who will leave a huge whole in the sport — Danica Patrick.
“But she’s a mega-star. If you look at the things that she’s accomplished, who do you compare it to, really?” he said. “There’s nobody else lined up to fill those shoes and do the things that she’s done. That’ll create a huge hole.”
Harvick and Patrick were teammates at Stewart-Haas Racing — he in the No. 4, she in the No. 10 — so he has an up close look at her impact. It’s been well established that Patrick didn’t have huge success on the track, but off the track, she’s built a marketing machine that’s led to a clothing line and other business ventures. And as NASCAR tries to diversify its fan base, there are no other female drivers on the horizon that have her name recognition and following.
NASCAR itself knows how important Patrick was to the sport, and publicly hoped that she would return. Without her, NASCAR has to try to fill a giant marketing void that won’t easy to plug.



Oddly enough, some have a little respect for what she accomplished.... :roll:


And Harvick is full of shit. Danica has done nothing for the NASCAR. The ratings have been falling ever since she started running. She has helped herself, but that's about it. And what exactly are all these accomplishments?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Last ride for a legend
PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 5:05 pm 
Offline
Brainwashed Stalker
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 11, 2008 9:27 am
Posts: 5774
Bham wrote:
mudslinger47 wrote:
From Keven Harvick.... Most NASCAR fans have been focused on the retirement of Dale Earnhardt Jr., and for good reason. He’s been the most popular driver in the sport for more than a decade, and he continued the legacy of his legendary father.

As much as Junior is revered across NASCAR, Kevin Harvick told AutoSport that there’s another driver who will leave a huge whole in the sport — Danica Patrick.
“But she’s a mega-star. If you look at the things that she’s accomplished, who do you compare it to, really?” he said. “There’s nobody else lined up to fill those shoes and do the things that she’s done. That’ll create a huge hole.”
Harvick and Patrick were teammates at Stewart-Haas Racing — he in the No. 4, she in the No. 10 — so he has an up close look at her impact. It’s been well established that Patrick didn’t have huge success on the track, but off the track, she’s built a marketing machine that’s led to a clothing line and other business ventures. And as NASCAR tries to diversify its fan base, there are no other female drivers on the horizon that have her name recognition and following.
NASCAR itself knows how important Patrick was to the sport, and publicly hoped that she would return. Without her, NASCAR has to try to fill a giant marketing void that won’t easy to plug.



Oddly enough, some have a little respect for what she accomplished.... :roll:


And Harvick is full of shit. Danica has done nothing for the NASCAR. The ratings have been falling ever since she started running. She has helped herself, but that's about it. And what exactly are all these accomplishments?



Duane is gonna show you!

Show him Duane! List all her accomplishments!

(I would, but as you know, I haven't watched NASCAR since before she entered the show some long half-decade ago)

_________________
This post is an opinion only, and not to be taken as an attack on any individual or group.
Reading this post constitutes a contractual agreement with the author that this post is in no way, shape, or form, an attack on anyone or anything.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Last ride for a legend
PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 6:16 pm 
Offline
Addicted Stalker

Joined: Wed May 05, 2010 1:06 am
Posts: 3918
I just listed what Kevin Harvick has to say about her... by the way, how much time did you spend in the Cup series? Thought so..... :lol: :roll:

_________________
DUANE TRUMP WON----DEAL WITH IT...LOL


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Last ride for a legend
PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 6:43 pm 
Offline
Brainwashed Stalker
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 11, 2008 9:27 am
Posts: 5774
mudslinger47 wrote:
I just listed what Kevin Harvick has to say about her... by the way, how much time did you spend in the Cup series? Thought so..... :lol: :roll:


Yes, you have NASCAR's attitude down perfectly!

Only those who have spent time in the cup series have opinions that matter!

You know what that means Duane? It means you should STFU, because let's face it, you're nothing but a pit lizard for a dirt late model team. :crackup: :crackup: :crackup:

_________________
This post is an opinion only, and not to be taken as an attack on any individual or group.
Reading this post constitutes a contractual agreement with the author that this post is in no way, shape, or form, an attack on anyone or anything.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Last ride for a legend
PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 7:57 pm 
Offline
Brainwashed Stalker
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 11, 2008 9:27 am
Posts: 5774
Ok, Duane, hell I'll help you out.

Danica's accomplishments:
1. Pole at Daytona once

_________________
This post is an opinion only, and not to be taken as an attack on any individual or group.
Reading this post constitutes a contractual agreement with the author that this post is in no way, shape, or form, an attack on anyone or anything.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Last ride for a legend
PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 10:30 pm 
Offline
Addicted Stalker

Joined: Wed May 05, 2010 1:06 am
Posts: 3918
RacerX wrote:
mudslinger47 wrote:
I just listed what Kevin Harvick has to say about her... by the way, how much time did you spend in the Cup series? Thought so..... :lol: :roll:


Yes, you have NASCAR's attitude down perfectly!

Only those who have spent time in the cup series have opinions that matter!

You know what that means Duane? It means you should STFU, because let's face it, you're nothing but a pit lizard for a dirt late model team. :crackup: :crackup: :crackup:



LOL that's "PAID" pit lizard to you.... Also was a member of NASCAR for a while and worked (if you want to call it that) on the DK Ulrick Cup Car when Ernie Ervin drove it at Riverside.. Was part of the pit Road team, handed the gas can to the gas man.... hey, somebodies gotta do it.... :mrgreen:

Your welcome to your opinion, but I'll defend NASCAR with mine....

_________________
DUANE TRUMP WON----DEAL WITH IT...LOL


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Last ride for a legend
PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 12:26 am 
Offline
Indicted Stalker
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 11, 2005 9:08 pm
Posts: 864
mudslinger47 wrote:
I just listed what Kevin Harvick has to say about her... by the way, how much time did you spend in the Cup series? Thought so..... :lol: :roll:


I just checked the record books and I have the same number of top 5 finishes that she has. And her equipment was better than mine.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Last ride for a legend
PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 12:45 am 
Offline
Brainwashed Stalker
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 11, 2008 9:27 am
Posts: 5774
mudslinger47 wrote:
RacerX wrote:
mudslinger47 wrote:
I just listed what Kevin Harvick has to say about her... by the way, how much time did you spend in the Cup series? Thought so..... :lol: :roll:


Yes, you have NASCAR's attitude down perfectly!

Only those who have spent time in the cup series have opinions that matter!

You know what that means Duane? It means you should STFU, because let's face it, you're nothing but a pit lizard for a dirt late model team. :crackup: :crackup: :crackup:



LOL that's "PAID" pit lizard to you.... Also was a member of NASCAR for a while and worked (if you want to call it that) on the DK Ulrick Cup Car when Ernie Ervin drove it at Riverside.. Was part of the pit Road team, handed the gas can to the gas man.... hey, somebodies gotta do it.... :mrgreen:

Your welcome to your opinion, but I'll defend NASCAR with mine....



I had a NASCAR sticker on my truck. As you know, being a member of NASCAR is different than being on a Cup team. Being a "member of NASCAR" requires filling out a form and giving them money. Congrats though, your NASCAR accomplishments are almost as good as Danica's.

Which are.......we are waiting. C'mon, I started you off.

_________________
This post is an opinion only, and not to be taken as an attack on any individual or group.
Reading this post constitutes a contractual agreement with the author that this post is in no way, shape, or form, an attack on anyone or anything.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Last ride for a legend
PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 3:28 am 
Offline
Indicted Stalker
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 11, 2005 9:08 pm
Posts: 864
mudslinger47 wrote:
RacerX wrote:
mudslinger47 wrote:
I just listed what Kevin Harvick has to say about her... by the way, how much time did you spend in the Cup series? Thought so..... :lol: :roll:


Yes, you have NASCAR's attitude down perfectly!

Only those who have spent time in the cup series have opinions that matter!

You know what that means Duane? It means you should STFU, because let's face it, you're nothing but a pit lizard for a dirt late model team. :crackup: :crackup: :crackup:



LOL that's "PAID" pit lizard to you.... Also was a member of NASCAR for a while and worked (if you want to call it that) on the DK Ulrick Cup Car when Ernie Ervin drove it at Riverside.. Was part of the pit Road team, handed the gas can to the gas man.... hey, somebodies gotta do it.... :mrgreen:

Your welcome to your opinion, but I'll defend NASCAR with mine....


Well that settles it. You handed the gas can for an underfunded crap wagon.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Last ride for a legend
PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 7:42 pm 
Offline
Addicted Stalker

Joined: Wed May 05, 2010 1:06 am
Posts: 3918
Bham wrote:
mudslinger47 wrote:
RacerX wrote:
mudslinger47 wrote:
I just listed what Kevin Harvick has to say about her... by the way, how much time did you spend in the Cup series? Thought so..... :lol: :roll:


Yes, you have NASCAR's attitude down perfectly!

Only those who have spent time in the cup series have opinions that matter!

You know what that means Duane? It means you should STFU, because let's face it, you're nothing but a pit lizard for a dirt late model team. :crackup: :crackup: :crackup:



LOL that's "PAID" pit lizard to you.... Also was a member of NASCAR for a while and worked (if you want to call it that) on the DK Ulrick Cup Car when Ernie Ervin drove it at Riverside.. Was part of the pit Road team, handed the gas can to the gas man.... hey, somebodies gotta do it.... :mrgreen:

Your welcome to your opinion, but I'll defend NASCAR with mine....


Well that settles it. You handed the gas can for an underfunded crap wagon.


Yup, and got to meet a bunch of really nice NASCAR folks and many of the stars of the day... I got to go to dinner with a couple of them and enjoyed it all.... to bad your so bitter you can't see anything admirable ..... I had fun, and you grumbled....

_________________
DUANE TRUMP WON----DEAL WITH IT...LOL


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Last ride for a legend
PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 7:43 pm 
Offline
Addicted Stalker

Joined: Wed May 05, 2010 1:06 am
Posts: 3918
RacerX wrote:
[
Which are.......we are waiting. C'mon, I started you off.


Read above post... saves me some time...

_________________
DUANE TRUMP WON----DEAL WITH IT...LOL


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Last ride for a legend
PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 8:11 pm 
Offline
Brainwashed Stalker
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 11, 2008 9:27 am
Posts: 5774
So, Harvick essentially said "she sucks on the track, but she can sell the shit outta shit".

So, that's her achievement?




She has a pole. But, so do I. :wave:

_________________
This post is an opinion only, and not to be taken as an attack on any individual or group.
Reading this post constitutes a contractual agreement with the author that this post is in no way, shape, or form, an attack on anyone or anything.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Last ride for a legend
PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:05 pm 
Offline
Addicted Stalker

Joined: Wed May 05, 2010 1:06 am
Posts: 3918
Your point? I don't believe I ever said she was a great driver, I believe I said she's good at marketing herself... and probably would still be doing it, but having to raise 12 to 15 mill probably cramps things just a little...

_________________
DUANE TRUMP WON----DEAL WITH IT...LOL


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Last ride for a legend
PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:18 pm 
Offline
Brainwashed Stalker
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 11, 2008 9:27 am
Posts: 5774
mudslinger47 wrote:
Your point? I don't believe I ever said she was a great driver, I believe I said she's good at marketing herself... and probably would still be doing it, but having to raise 12 to 15 mill probably cramps things just a little...


Your point? I don't believe I ever said she wasn't a great marketer, I believe I said she's not that great of a driver....and won't be doing it anymore, because her marketing skillz weren't good enough to overcome her driving unskillz.

_________________
This post is an opinion only, and not to be taken as an attack on any individual or group.
Reading this post constitutes a contractual agreement with the author that this post is in no way, shape, or form, an attack on anyone or anything.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Last ride for a legend
PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:49 pm 
Offline
Indicted Stalker
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 11, 2005 9:08 pm
Posts: 864
Let's be real. She sucked as a driver when it comes to finding race speed. The fact that she couldn't get a single top 5 in 190 tries in SHR equipment proves that.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Last ride for a legend
PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 12:37 am 
Offline
Brainwashed Stalker
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 11, 2008 9:27 am
Posts: 5774
Image

_________________
This post is an opinion only, and not to be taken as an attack on any individual or group.
Reading this post constitutes a contractual agreement with the author that this post is in no way, shape, or form, an attack on anyone or anything.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Last ride for a legend
PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 12:38 am 
Offline
Brainwashed Stalker
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 11, 2008 9:27 am
Posts: 5774
Image

_________________
This post is an opinion only, and not to be taken as an attack on any individual or group.
Reading this post constitutes a contractual agreement with the author that this post is in no way, shape, or form, an attack on anyone or anything.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Last ride for a legend
PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 12:41 am 
Offline
Brainwashed Stalker
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 11, 2008 9:27 am
Posts: 5774
Image

_________________
This post is an opinion only, and not to be taken as an attack on any individual or group.
Reading this post constitutes a contractual agreement with the author that this post is in no way, shape, or form, an attack on anyone or anything.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
[ Time : 0.331s | 15 Queries | GZIP : On ]