#JERSEYPRIDE
#WALLSTADIUM
#CHAMPION

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Post subject: Re: WOOOOOHOOOOOOO
PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:12 pm 
Brainwashed Stalker

Really impressed.

I figured his career was over when he went to that team.

Congrats to Truex and Furniture Row racing. They deserved the championship. Unlike last year's champ.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:50 am 
Addicted Stalker

Truex drug it out when he needed it most... great race tonight!!!!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:58 am 
Brainwashed Stalker

WTG Martin Truex Jr

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:53 am 
Addicted Stalker

Best. Championship. Ever. :rok:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:22 pm 
Obsessed Stalker

It wouldn't have been criminal, but it would have felt like it if Truex, Jr did not win this title. That team has been hands down the best ALL season, the way championships in this sport should be decided.

Bravo Zulu to that entire team for an outstanding season :rok: :woohoo:

On another note....

A nod to Kyle Busch here for telling the truth in the post race interview. Some will call it sour grapes, poor loser, etc....

and maybe there's some truth to that but as I listened to it, I was realizing that there has never been a finer dissertation and explanation on what is wrong with this "playoff" circus that NASCAR has created.

So, two thumbs up to Kyle Busch for verifying what X and me and many others have been saying for quite some time.

It was NBC's post race interview, for anybody that didn't catch it and want to check it out

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:38 pm 
Pron Star

So...who can calculate whether Martin - with 8 wins - would have 'still' won the other way?

I do not have the time, the patience nor the mathematical brains to do it :crackup:

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:37 pm 
Junior Stalker

jlb wrote:

A nod to Kyle Busch here for telling the truth in the post race interview. Some will call it sour grapes, poor loser, etc....

and maybe there's some truth to that but as I listened to it, I was realizing that there has never been a finer dissertation and explanation on what is wrong with this "playoff" circus that NASCAR has created.

So, two thumbs up to Kyle Busch for verifying what X and me and many others have been saying for quite some time.

It was NBC's post race interview, for anybody that didn't catch it and want to check it out

I don't know what to think about this. Saturday Elliott Sadler was whining the non playoff cars were racing him to hard and that cost him a shot at the title. Sunday Kyle Busch says the 22 was blocking him and that cost him a chance at the title.

Where is it written that someone has to move over to let someone by. I thought the idea was to go race for the win, and that means passing people. If the guy you're racing against for the title can get around someone and you can't maybe that guy is just better than you. But I do agree with what Busch said in principle. This has gotten way too gimmicky.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:14 pm 
Addicted Stalker

Space Potato wrote:
jlb wrote:

I don't know what to think about this. Saturday Elliott Sadler was whining the non playoff cars were racing him to hard and that cost him a shot at the title. Sunday Kyle Busch says the 22 was blocking him and that cost him a chance at the title.

Where is it written that someone has to move over to let someone by. I thought the idea was to go race for the win, and that means passing people. If the guy you're racing against for the title can get around someone and you can't maybe that guy is just better than you. But I do agree with what Busch said in principle. This has gotten way too gimmicky.

Qualifier...I am a Kyle Busch fan and an Elliot Sadler fan... No one is supposed to get out of your way in my opinion "UNLESS" it is a laps down car, they need to give way...

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:38 pm 
Obsessed Stalker

mudslinger47 wrote:

Qualifier...I am a Kyle Busch fan and an Elliot Sadler fan... No one is supposed to get out of your way in my opinion "UNLESS" it is a laps down car, they need to give way...

It doesn't matter, because as your boy Kyle said last night to NBC....

that's what happens in this type of format.

And the real point is, that car (or those cars) that get in the way..... in a forty car field, thirty-six of them aren't eligible to win a championship but thirty-six of them are eligible to be on the same track that the other four are on competing for what those thirty-six were found ineligible to compete for, e.g., the title.

Which means they can have a tremendous impact on the outcome for those who are eligible for that they were deemed to be ineligible.

That's not a playoff. That's a clusterfuck just begging to be manipulated.

Oh btw, I watched this race. Did you see all those empty seats? This was championship weekend, and I'd say that 1/3 of those grandstands were empty. But they didn't show the seats from above too often. Maybe it wasn't that bad. Or maybe it was worse. At any rate, I can't say I blame them for not showing the grandstands any more than they had to.

Last edited by jlb on Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:40 pm 
Brainwashed Stalker

Wait till a non-championship contender decides to get his revenge on a championship contender.

Or someone decides to field a car to take another contender out.

WHEEEE!!!! Real racin'! :crackup:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:04 am 
Addicted Stalker

jlb wrote:
mudslinger47 wrote:

It doesn't matter, because as your boy Kyle said last night to NBC....

that's what happens in this type of format.

And the real point is, that car (or those cars) that get in the way..... in a forty car field, thirty-six of them aren't eligible to win a championship but thirty-six of them are eligible to be on the same track that the other four are on competing for what those thirty-six were found ineligible to compete for, e.g., the title.

Which means they can have a tremendous impact on the outcome for those who are eligible for that they were deemed to be ineligible.

That's not a playoff. That's a clusterfuck just begging to be manipulated.

Oh btw, I watched this race. Did you see all those empty seats? This was championship weekend, and I'd say that 1/3 of those grandstands were empty. But they didn't show the seats from above too often. Maybe it wasn't that bad. Or maybe it was worse. At any rate, I can't say I blame them for not showing the grandstands any more than they had to.

I gave you my opinion, not his...I don't know his.... I thought that was pretty obvious.... :?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:45 pm 
Junior Stalker

jlb wrote:
Did you see all those empty seats? This was championship weekend, and I'd say that 1/3 of those grandstands were empty. But they didn't show the seats from above too often. Maybe it wasn't that bad. Or maybe it was worse. At any rate, I can't say I blame them for not showing the grandstands any more than they had to.

And this was Jr's last race. All we heard was how people were coming from all 4 corners of the globe to witness the end of an era. How empty would it have been if he wasn't retiring.

Problem is I doubt Nascar will admit their constant tinkering has anything to do with the drop in attendance.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:42 pm 
Addicted Stalker

Of course you all are aware that with NASCAR on their death bed, according to youse guys, NASCAR's Deal with NBC goes to 2024 and is in the ball park of 8 billion dollars as well as an additional few billion with Fox sports.... I think NASCAR will be OK for a while.... the news of NASCAR's demise has been mildly over stated....at least for a while... :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:14 pm 
Brainwashed Stalker

mudslinger47 wrote:
Of course you all are aware that with NASCAR on their death bed, according to youse guys, NASCAR's Deal with NBC goes to 2024 and is in the ball park of 8 billion dollars as well as an additional few billion with Fox sports.... I think NASCAR will be OK for a while.... the news of NASCAR's demise has been mildly over stated....at least for a while... :mrgreen:

Sure.

That's why Kenseth can't get a ride, NASCAR is doing so well.

(that's more sarcasm, in case you were wondering)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:12 pm 
Obsessed Stalker

mudslinger47 wrote:

I never said NASCAR was on their death bed. I have intimated that I believe that they're stupid, though.

And stupid dies as stupid does :wave:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:56 pm 
Indicted Stalker

Just a silly question for you gentlemen. Why do you insist on taking innocent posts and turning them into personal pissing matches with each other? This post, for example, has turned from a congratulatory thread celebrating Truex's championship, and degraded into something else.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:11 am 
Addicted Stalker

Tiny Tim wrote:
Just a silly question for you gentlemen. Why do you insist on taking innocent posts and turning them into personal pissing matches with each other? This post, for example, has turned from a congratulatory thread celebrating Truex's championship, and degraded into something else.

How about cause they hate NASCAR and ever thing about it and never watch it but seem to have a lot of knowledge about each race.... I like NASCAR, enjoy their racing and Congratulate Ole Martin.... but sparing is so much fun...

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:30 am 
Brainwashed Stalker

Tiny Tim wrote:

Ehhh...I disagree with your premise. If everyone would just agree with whatever my opinion is, there wouldn't be a so-called "pissing match".

Why does anyone post?

Let's take a visit to Realville.....

Reasons why people post:
1. get a reaction from other posters
2. convince other posters of something
3. self amusement/fulfillment

There may be other reasons, but they can probably be fit into one of the above 3 categories.

BTW, Truex read this thread, and is pissed that you haven't congratulated him yet. Don't be a h8er. :wave:

And, just glancing, it looks like you don't post in Chit-Chat. If you like Pollyanna, that's the forum you want to post in. Happy to help! :wave:

Last edited by RacerX on Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:33 am 
Brainwashed Stalker

mudslinger47 wrote:
Tiny Tim wrote:

How about cause they hate NASCAR and ever thing about it and never watch it but seem to have a lot of knowledge about each race.... I like NASCAR, enjoy their racing and Congratulate Ole Martin.... but sparing is so much fun...

Now, that's not true Duane. Well except for the sparing; rubbin' is postin'. But, if it makes you feel any better, like NASCAR, I think Pro Wrestling has gone into the crapper too because of piss-poor decisions.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 1:01 am 
Brainwashed Stalker

Kyle admits NASCAR fixed the race. Talks retirement.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:10 am 
Obsessed Stalker

Tiny Tim wrote:
Just a silly question for you gentlemen.

There are no silly questions.

Why do you insist on taking innocent posts and turning them into personal pissing matches with each other?

Tradition, mainly

:mrgreen:

And Duane, I don't hate NASCAR and I wish them no ill will. Not that you'll note that and in six months Tim is going to have to ask again why you take pissing shots at everybody for not liking NASCAR the way you do :wave:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:45 am 
Addicted Stalker

RacerX wrote:

I don't think I heard him say retirement one single time...nice try though.... they threw a yellow on about every blown tire, had you watched the race, you'd have seen brother Kurt totally sideways in the turn...but as you said, you didn't... but nice try at playing CNN of NASCAR.... :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:48 am 
Addicted Stalker

jlb wrote:
Tiny Tim wrote:

Why do you insist on taking innocent posts and turning them into personal pissing matches with each other?

Tradition, mainly

And Duane, I don't hate NASCAR and I wish them no ill will. Not that you'll note that and in six months Tim is going to have to ask again why you take pissing shots at everybody for not liking NASCAR the way you do :wave:

Pissing or passing? And generally because you say you don't watch but criticize anyway..... I don't watch Baseball either or basketball or football and say little or nothing about them.... jus sayin...

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:43 am 
Brainwashed Stalker

mudslinger47 wrote:
RacerX wrote:

I don't think I heard him say retirement one single time...nice try though.... they threw a yellow on about every blown tire, had you watched the race, you'd have seen brother Kurt totally sideways in the turn...but as you said, you didn't... but nice try at playing CNN of NASCAR.... :mrgreen:

Explain the bits about NASCAR wasn't going to allow a win by 12 seconds, and he didn't see any debris on that last caution.

:crackup:

If it makes you feel any better, Richard Petty said the same thing about 40 years ago. Ol' Richard learned to coast a little.

Does Richard Petty hate NASCAR?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:40 am 
Obsessed Stalker

mudslinger47 wrote:
jlb wrote:
Tiny Tim wrote:

Tradition, mainly

Pissing or passing? And generally because you say you don't watch but criticize anyway..... I don't watch Baseball either or basketball or football and say little or nothing about them.... jus sayin...

This is the first year in a quarter century that I haven't tuned in the TV and parked my ass on the couch to watch green to checkers coverage of every race. This is also the first year that I didn't go out of my way to put them on Sirius outside, connected to a nice little boom box speaker system and listen to them on the Sirius App as I enjoyed the outdoors.

Yeah, this is the first year I didn't do either of those as the first priority before everything else on race day. Or night.

I didn't just magically forget what the last twenty-five years of NASCAR were like or how it functions. This was the last year of 21 years and 43 straight races at Bristol Motor Speedway for me and my family.

Geez.... duh!!!

:wave:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:44 am 
Obsessed Stalker

RacerX wrote:
mudslinger47 wrote:
RacerX wrote:

Explain the bits about NASCAR wasn't going to allow a win by 12 seconds, and he didn't see any debris on that last caution.

If it makes you feel any better, Richard Petty said the same thing about 40 years ago. Ol' Richard learned to coast a little.

Forty years ago? Was Richard in Alabama when he said and did that? Can he prove he didn't do that? :crackup:

:wink:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:58 am 
Brainwashed Stalker

jlb wrote:
RacerX wrote:
mudslinger47 wrote:
RacerX wrote:

Forty years ago? Was Richard in Alabama when he said and did that? Can he prove he didn't do that? :crackup:

:wink:

It's in a NASCAR program from 1976 that I had him sign in a restaurant in 1977. Signed it with two different handwriting styles and three different colored inks. And put D.A. after his name.

My lawyer doesn't swear he signed it, but will let you examine it next year.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:41 pm 
Addicted Stalker

RacerX wrote:
mudslinger47 wrote:
RacerX wrote:

Your pull quote was "he talks retirement" and that didn't happen....

They got s yellow that didn't benifit him, a couple of races back he did...so what, it happens....he's angrey that he came in second, he's not supposed to be happy which is what I like about the guy, he never settles.... I don't know if their was debrea or not, I wasn't there and they didn't show that on TV, but they did show Kurt sliding sideways...that alone would be enough for a yellow, you would not think that he'd have pulled that out....

Bye the bye, I have heard racers blame promoters for losses, wins and every thing in between....with that said, a few years ago NASCAR was throwing to many yellows to tighten up the field ... they were called on it and pretty much quit as far as I can see... Mikey Waltrip commented on it on racehub sometime back (yrs).... shortly after that they quit....but even at that, they weren't choosing a winner per say, they were trying to heighten the excitement of the race, and I believe it was Carl Edwards that had a huge lead and lost it after the yellow and lost the race, though he never said anything directly about it, it was easy to see he was a little miffed....that was about 2 or 3 years ago and that's about the time they quit doing it....

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 5:14 pm 
Brainwashed Stalker

Turn on your hearing aid.

As he leaves, he mentions retiring.

You're making progress, admitting NASCAR fixed races. Of course, at the time you are talking about you denied it. You say they do it to make it more exciting, not to determine a winner.

To that I say, some winners are more exciting than other winners.

A guy that is out half the season shouldn't be able to win the championship.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:11 pm 
Addicted Stalker

RacerX wrote:

Not even sure that was him saying that, still weak

You're making progress, admitting NASCAR fixed races. Of course, at the time you are talking about you denied it. You say they do it to make it more exciting, not to determine a winner.

I have said for years they had fake yellows... quit trying to justify your comments through bending mine

No one is more excited then Kyle or less excited then JJ... still a win and NASCAR doesn't care

Why? He qualified for it through points you guys are so proud of....at that point he's just another guy....

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 1:02 am 
Brainwashed Stalker

mudslinger47 wrote:
RacerX wrote:

It was

I have said for years they had fake yellows... quit trying to justify your comments through bending mine

So why do you have an issue when I say they fix races, if you've said for years they do?

No one is more excited then Kyle or less excited then JJ... still a win and NASCAR doesn't care

Yeah, you just made my point

Why? He qualified for it through points you guys are so proud of....at that point he's just another guy....

He (Busch) would not have won had they not reset the points

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 3:39 am 
Addicted Stalker

RacerX wrote:
mudslinger47 wrote:
RacerX wrote:

It was

So?

So why do you have an issue when I say they fix races, if you've said for years they do?

Because throwing a yellow is not "fixing" a race.. get real will ya...NASCAR doesn't care who wins, it costs them the same

Kool

He won under the points system they had....your whining doesn't chage that...

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 1:10 pm 
Brainwashed Stalker

mudslinger47 wrote:
RacerX wrote:
mudslinger47 wrote:
RacerX wrote:

It was

So?

Because throwing a yellow is not "fixing" a race.. get real will ya...NASCAR doesn't care who wins, it costs them the same

Kool

He won under the points system they had....your whining doesn't chage that...

Don't worry about NASCAR, tv contract! :crackup:

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 11:56 pm 
Addicted Stalker

Total of about what 11 billion dollars by 2024... I think they'll squeak by.... They certainly aren't paying that money out...

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 11:13 am 
Junior Stalker

Now that you two have settled down, according to this TV audiences are down 45% from the heyday.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2017/ ... e-nfls-why

I would bet (guess) that NBC or any other network has an escape clause in the contract that would allow them to opt out if there's nobody watching. NBC's team in the booth is about as bad as anything I can remember so they're not helping the situation but still it's up to Nascar to put on an event people want to watch. Over the last decade they've done everything possible to bring in younger viewers and it hasn't worked. Kids today don't care about cars the way we did when we were younger. So watching them race on TV makes no sense to them. Maybe it's different in the smaller towns, but where I live cars are just an expense that they don't want to make. I have a pretty nice Mustang and a very nice Harley and the only people that comment on either have as much grey in the hair as I do.

If Nascar wants to bring youth in, bring back their parents. Make it so a family can afford to bring Mom, Dad and the kids to a race and not need a mortgage to do so. Amongst everything else they've made it way too expensive to be the family sport it used to be.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 12:42 pm 
Junior Stalker

Something interesting to watch. Start watching about the 6 minute mark

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oUFSkP5vWtw

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 2:11 pm 
Addicted Stalker

Space Potato wrote:
Now that you two have settled down, according to this TV audiences are down 45% from the heyday.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2017/ ... e-nfls-why

I would bet (guess) that NBC or any other network has an escape clause in the contract that would allow them to opt out if there's nobody watching. NBC's team in the booth is about as bad as anything I can remember so they're not helping the situation but still it's up to Nascar to put on an event people want to watch. Over the last decade they've done everything possible to bring in younger viewers and it hasn't worked. Kids today don't care about cars the way we did when we were younger. So watching them race on TV makes no sense to them. Maybe it's different in the smaller towns, but where I live cars are just an expense that they don't want to make. I have a pretty nice Mustang and a very nice Harley and the only people that comment on either have as much grey in the hair as I do.

If Nascar wants to bring youth in, bring back their parents. Make it so a family can afford to bring Mom, Dad and the kids to a race and not need a mortgage to do so. Amongst everything else they've made it way too expensive to be the family sport it used to be.

I think that's it in a nutshell... it isn't the racing or the "so called " gimmicks, cause the racing has been better the last two years then it has for a long time... its just a changing demographic and the expense doesn't help...The excuse that they won't sit and watch TV is probably very true also, kids to youtube, I have five grand kids, everyone from 8 to 21 does youtube.... My oldest GS thinks he'd like to drive but has no idea how much work it takes to run a car, he used to do Karts on pavement and liked it but still didn't want to do the work involved to race....

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 3:28 pm 
Brainwashed Stalker

Brain France's idea was to go with the hipsters when NASCAR was hip. Us oldtime fans were told to STFU, hipsters were the future. We warned them about this, but it was always STFU you don't know what you are talking about.

Well, now they don't have the hipsters.....AND.....they don't have a large portion of the old time fans.

Congrats NASCAR! You've pissed off everyone except Duane.

Best racing ever or never, I don't know. I can't remember if I watched all of Daytona this year in Feb., but.....I've watched less than an hour total all season otherwise. Since "the chase", my viewership has dropped every year.

Attend a race? Peeeshaw!!!! :crackup:

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 11:40 pm 
Addicted Stalker

RacerX wrote:
Brain France's idea was to go with the hipsters when NASCAR was hip. Us oldtime fans were told to STFU, hipsters were the future. We warned them about this, but it was always STFU you don't know what you are talking about.

Well, now they don't have the hipsters.....AND.....they don't have a large portion of the old time fans.

Best racing ever or never, I don't know. I can't remember if I watched all of Daytona this year in Feb., but.....I've watched less than an hour total all season otherwise. Since "the chase", my viewership has dropped every year.

Hey yokel , they don't care if you get pissed off, your not around anyway...they're going after new faces...not the old ones....

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 4:43 am 
Brainwashed Stalker

mudslinger47 wrote:
RacerX wrote:

Hey yokel , they don't care if you get pissed off, your not around anyway...they're going after new faces...not the old ones....

Their failing.

And the feeling is mutual. Brain France can KMA.

I'm laughing at their flailing away trying to right the Titanic!

Do you really think I didn't know they don't care about me? Guess what...they don't care about you either! ROTFLMAO!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 6:19 pm 
Addicted Stalker

But I thought you guys said NASCAR was dead...
And no one liked the the end race....

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q ... _yycsjuvc6

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 6:52 pm 
Brainwashed Stalker

Sure.

That's why tracks have been taking out seats, because everything is ggggreeeeaaaatttt!

Besides, NASCAR would never, ever lie about anything. I mean, there's always debris on a debris caution, isn't there? :crackup: :crackup: :crackup: :crackup:

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 10:32 pm 
Addicted Stalker

That wasn't from NASCAR...jus sayin.... I read it in a trades paper too, but can't remember the name of it...

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 7:05 am 
Brainwashed Stalker

mudslinger47 wrote:
That wasn't from NASCAR...jus sayin.... I read it in a trades paper too, but can't remember the name of it...

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 9:47 am 
Addicted Stalker

mudslinger47 wrote:

In the interest of truth, justice and the American way, I'd like to point out that this article on Homestead attendance has the date of 11-18-16 just under the word "Ford" in the blue headline. Therefore, it is irrelevant to this year's debate.

Say what you want, but on the live broadcast, I saw enough empty seats there that I couldn't quite believe what I was seeing for a season ending event.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 1:42 pm 
Addicted Stalker

vegas0307 wrote:
mudslinger47 wrote:

In the interest of truth, justice and the American way, I'd like to point out that this article on Homestead attendance has the date of 11-18-16 just under the word "Ford" in the blue headline. Therefore, it is irrelevant to this year's debate.

Say what you want, but on the live broadcast, I saw enough empty seats there that I couldn't quite believe what I was seeing for a season ending event.

My bad.... https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q ... KAeEoo2d1Z

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 10:43 pm 
Brainwashed Stalker

mudslinger47 wrote:
vegas0307 wrote:
mudslinger47 wrote:

My bad.... https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q ... KAeEoo2d1Z

ROTFLMAO!!!!!!

Look at the crowd in the picture in that link....to the left of the screen. SECTIONS of empty seats.

Thanks for validating NASCAR is dying, Duane. :crackup:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:38 am 
Obsessed Stalker

vegas0307 wrote:
mudslinger47 wrote:

Exactly Miss vegas. :thumb:

Which is exactly what MATT's point was towards the end of that article I linked in the other thread. I didn't see many overhead shots, but those that I did see, if I were running NASCAR that would embarrass me. I mean seriously?!? This was their championship weekend and they couldn't pack them in to where they had to use the rafters for seats?!?

That's not good. I've been involved in this sport long enough to remember renewals for the next Daytona 500 going out right about the time the current year Daytona 500 was getting ready to be run. I remember Richmond having a waiting list. I remember Bristol having a five year waiting list. And I remember that place being packed to the ceilings on warm nights in August not really that long ago. I remember that place being packed to the rafters on some not so warm days in March as well. And what I've seen lately, especially this past year is, personally for me, very sad. I love that place, it's been a lot more than a place to go twice a year. It was about family for me.

Which brings me back to my 22nd year renewal form from Bristol Motor Speedway, whose deadline is December 8, 2017. All those discounts they offer for day of race - during both race weekends to get warm asses into seats - and my renewal is exactly what it has been for the last five years. No discount. No acknowledgement of all those years. No nothing. Just send in the money.

That's not only stupid, it's tone deaf and brain dead. And completely not rooted in, or even in touch with, reality.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:59 am 
Brainwashed Stalker

Hey now, Duane held the gas can that the real gasman on Ulrich's Riverside team used to fill Swervin Irvin's car.

His credentials are impeccable.

That makes him an expert on NASCAR, and your opinion thus, worthless. :sar: