Board index
It is currently Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:10 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Roof deflection....
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:50 pm 
Addicted Stalker

Anything to it? Harvick fans say no , others say yeah... what do ya think?

Post subject: Re: Roof deflection....
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 1:40 pm 
Obsessed Stalker

Gratz to Happy for two wins in a row.

Maybe it's a new rule, hidden inside the penumbra of Brian France's rulebook which nobody has ever really seen :wave:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:20 pm 
Indicted Stalker

NASCAR Penalty Report

3/4/2018 (post-race inspection)
Las Vegas

No. 4 of Kevin Harvick
L1 Penalty

Sections 20.4.8.1 Rear Window Support and Structure b. & c.; 20.4.18 Rocker PanelExtensions .b
Note: Rear Window Support Braces must keep the rear window glass rigid in all directions at all times. The Right Side
Rocker Panel Extension did not meet NASCAR rule specifications, extension was not aluminum.

Crew chief (Rodney Childers) has been fined $50,000. Car chief (Robert Smith) has been suspended from the next two
Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series Championship Points Events. Team has been assessed with the loss of 20 driver
points and 20 owner points.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 11:55 pm 
Brainwashed Stalker

If it was supposed to be aluminum I guess they should have used aluminum.

Seems like BS to me, but they need a controversy, everyone is asleep.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 12:53 am 
Addicted Stalker

In an explanation, the dip in the roof adds air to the spoiler.... does it help or hinder.... no one would say definitively... Bad Brad said it depended where on the track it did it...

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:56 am 
Brainwashed Stalker

What about the dip in the driver's seat?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:04 am 
Junior Stalker

We'll never know if the support was designed to fail or not but the rocker panel is cheating. If the rule says it's to be made out of aluminum and it wasn't the team didn't do that by accident.

Until Nascar starts making the penalties severe enough to stop the teams from risking getting caught we'll keep seeing this crap.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:15 pm 
Obsessed Stalker

RacerX wrote:
Seems like BS to me, but they need a controversy, everyone is asleep.

or doing something else. I guess that's the same thing.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:17 pm 
Obsessed Stalker

Space Potato wrote:
Until Nascar starts making the penalties severe enough to stop the teams from risking getting caught we'll keep seeing this crap.

That will never happen, unless it's a driver they don't like. They had a hard-on for Rusty Wallace back in the day and they abused that.

NASCAR is nothing but rules abuse, and that's the way they like it. But they'll keep on never figuring out why attendance is dropping.

Harvick has won twice, so I'm kind of surprised (not really) that they didn't encumber this win. Of course, they could probably find a reason to make it apply to both of his wins. Would anybody be surprised if they did that to this particular driver? It wouldn't be without precedent, i.e. taking away something for actions done that had nothing to do with what they took away

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:57 pm 
Addicted Stalker

[quote=Harvick has won twice, so I'm kind of surprised (not really) that they didn't encumber this win.[/quote]

NASCAR doesn't encumber anymore after they killed Laganos year..... they just take the points from the stages and a portion from the over all points...

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:59 pm 
Obsessed Stalker

If it was another owner and driver everyone would be saying how they cheat but what we do is blame Nascar.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 2:55 am 
Addicted Stalker

Bajanman wrote:
If it was another owner and driver everyone would be saying how they cheat but what we do is blame Nascar.

Not understanding.... I haven't heard anyone blame NASCAR.... social media was ready to lynch Harvick.... If NASCAR does nothing, then they'd get blamed a bunch... :?

You can't go by what these guys on here say, they don't watch anyway...

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:47 am 
Brainwashed Stalker

Bajanman wrote:

It's a combo.

If aluminum was specified they should have used aluminum.

If NASCAR was serious about rule breaking they'd start taking away wins for major infractions like using forbidden material.

Those are the facts, whether I watch or not.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 11:57 am 
Addicted Stalker

RacerX wrote:
Bajanman wrote:

It's a combo.

If NASCAR was serious about rule breaking they'd start taking away wins for major infractions like using forbidden material.

They did take the win away, they just don't call it encumbered...I agree they are confusing, Harvick can't use this win to break a tie or something along that line, and they did take the win from Lagano last year...

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 2:31 pm 
Pron Star

mudslinger47 wrote:
RacerX wrote:
Bajanman wrote:

It's a combo.

They did take the win away, they just don't call it encumbered...I agree they are confusing, Harvick can't use this win to break a tie or something along that line, and they did take the win from Lagano last year...

No they did NOT take the win - they took the 'bonus' of winning....not the win. All drivers who had an 'encumbered win' (and whatever they are calling the penalty to Harvick this time) did NOT lose their win - it still says they won the race; they still have the trophy. The guy in second didn't become the winner. The win is still theirs...

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 6:59 pm 
Brainwashed Stalker

It's quite simple....penalize laps for major intentional infractions. Harvick loses say, 5 laps.....no longer the winner.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:39 pm 
Addicted Stalker

JRM88 wrote:
mudslinger47 wrote:
RacerX wrote:
Bajanman wrote:

It's a combo.

No they did NOT take the win - they took the 'bonus' of winning....not the win. All drivers who had an 'encumbered win' (and whatever they are calling the penalty to Harvick this time) did NOT lose their win - it still says they won the race; they still have the trophy. The guy in second didn't become the winner. The win is still theirs...

OK, they took the "AFFECT" of the win away...hence he didn't make the play-offs because of it... so in all actuality, they may as well have taken the win.... and its pretty much the same with Harvick, the win counts as a win, but can't use it for anything... so in essences its a number only...

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 11:12 am 
Obsessed Stalker

mudslinger47 wrote:
jlb wrote:
Harvick has won twice, so I'm kind of surprised (not really) that they didn't encumber this win.

NASCAR doesn't encumber anymore after they killed Laganos year..... they just take the points from the stages and a portion from the over all points...

well according to the article written on his third straight win, they were denied the benefits of the win.... whatever the hell that means in NASCAR language these days.

But three straight wins.... sweet :rok:

source

But the win was more than a statistical triumph for the driver of the No. 4 Stewart-Haas Racing Ford. Harvick came to Phoenix with a chip on his shoulder, stung by a midweek penalty for issues with the roof braces and right rear side skirt extension after last week's race-winning car from Las Vegas.

The infractions cost Harvick's team the benefits of the victory in Sin City and deprived him of the services of car chief Robert "Cheddar" Smith. On the flip side, it lit a fire under the whole organization.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 11:40 am 
Brainwashed Stalker

NASCAR can’t even get “What happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas” right.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 11:52 am 
Addicted Stalker

Anyone voting against Harvick in PIR is nuts, Now ISM I guess...

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 11:09 pm 
Obsessed Stalker

RacerX wrote:
NASCAR can’t even get “What happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas” right.

For the second Vegas race I hear they're going to do that in stages and award points to the winner or lead contender, of which (or whom) will be determined at NASCAR's discretion :crackup: :wave:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 11:44 pm 
Brainwashed Stalker

Stolen from my good friend 88's facebook page....

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:41 am 
Pron Star

RacerX wrote:

And I stole it from California Speed and Sport's page

:wave:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 12:21 pm 
Obsessed Stalker

You two are thieves.

Well done :rok:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 2:10 pm 
Pron Star

jlb wrote:
You two are thieves.

Well done :rok:

:crackup:

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 8:44 pm 
Obsessed Stalker

JRM88 wrote:
RacerX wrote:

And I stole it from California Speed and Sport's page

Shared that awhile back on FB, with the Caption "It's Not Helping"

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 9:11 am 
Addicted Stalker

Showing Brain and the word "Dummies" in the same picture is redundant.

Just sayin'.....