Board index
It is currently Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:46 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Didn't see that coming....
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 1:42 am 
Addicted Stalker

Lowes to leave Jimmy Johnson at the end of 2018....

Post subject: Re: Didn't see that coming....
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:57 am 
Brainwashed Stalker

Nothing to worry about, NASCAR is fine, races aren't being watched by fewer and fewer people....the audience is just more selective.

The racing has been fantastic. Petty Enterprises lost STP years ago and look how great they have done since.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 12:46 pm 
Obsessed Stalker

Maybe NASCAR can manipulate number 8 for Jimmie, so Lowes can go out like Stormy Daniels, i.e., on top :wis:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 7:15 pm 
Junior Stalker

Years ago we had a guy at work that used to be a VP of something at Scotts. I asked him about the then sponsorship of Carl Edwards. He said there was no measurable return on the millions of dollars that went into that sponsorship. None! He said if not for a personal friendship between the owner of the company and Jack Roush that deal would have never come together or ever lasted. I guess it's good for your ego to see a car flying your company colors but it's not good business. I guess Lowes has decided enough is enough. But that has to be one of the longest lasting partnerships in the sport.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:34 pm 
Addicted Stalker

Space Potato wrote:
Years ago we had a guy at work that used to be a VP of something at Scotts. I asked him about the then sponsorship of Carl Edwards. He said there was no measurable return on the millions of dollars that went into that sponsorship. None! He said if not for a personal friendship between the owner of the company and Jack Roush that deal would have never come together or ever lasted. I guess it's good for your ego to see a car flying your company colors but it's not good business. I guess Lowes has decided enough is enough. But that has to be one of the longest lasting partnerships in the sport.

It is supposed to be equated to TV time, I could never see how a major company could gain a profit out of spending 15 million dollars a year.... I try to support companies that support NASCAR but I ain't spending 15 mill a year... :?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 9:50 am 
Obsessed Stalker

mudslinger47 wrote:
Space Potato wrote:

It is supposed to be equated to TV time, I could never see how a major company could gain a profit out of spending 15 million dollars a year.... I try to support companies that support NASCAR but I ain't spending 15 mill a year... :?

I have never equated my support with anything by partaking of a sponsor of something I liked. Having said that, I spend a lot of time at Lowes. Have for a long time. Never had anything to do with Jimmy Johnson, but more to do with their financing specials and the 10% military discount I get on everything for being a veteran.

And Jimmy has been a fine representative as a champion and a driver for both NASCAR and Lowes, and that does help. But it's not a deal maker or breaker either way for me.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 6:57 pm 
Addicted Stalker

[quote="jlb"
And Jimmy has been a fine representative as a champion and a driver for both NASCAR and Lowes, and that does help. But it's not a deal maker or breaker either way for me.[/quote]

Not a deal breaker either, but I try to support my sport... same with the short tracks around home...

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 12:24 pm 
Obsessed Stalker

mudslinger47 wrote:
jlb wrote:
And Jimmy has been a fine representative as a champion and a driver for both NASCAR and Lowes, and that does help. But it's not a deal maker or breaker either way for me.

Not a deal breaker either, but I try to support my sport... same with the short tracks around home...

I purchased my 24 valve Cummins powered Dodge dually in 1999, being a very very devoted Dale Earnhardt fan :D

Never liked Chubbies very much to be honest. And Ford, which makes good trucks uses a wussy V8 Diesel. It's inline six or go home for this family :wave:

Always been a Dodge man :rok:

and tbh, that dually saved our lives one dark night on I-26 in South Carolina, back in 2002.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 3:04 pm 
Brainwashed Stalker

I still eat peanut M&Ms, I just try not to think about it.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:25 pm 
Addicted Stalker

RacerX wrote:
I still eat peanut M&Ms, I just try not to think about it.

Not an M&M's fan ... but they have other candy bars.....LOL

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 2:17 pm 
Obsessed Stalker

I don't eat candy too much, but I do like M&M's.

Especially the mint types when I can find them.