Board index
It is currently Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:41 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: The Book of Dale
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 12:51 pm 
Obsessed Stalker

Did anybody catch that commercial this past Sunday, with Denny Hamlin?

Ummm.... nothing personal here Denny but Kyle Petty would have bitch-slapped your ass if you had got out of your car earlier, that day back in Dover. So, Denny I know you're good and I know you can drive a car but.....

you just don't look right comparing yourself to Dale Earnhardt.

Poor NASCAR, they've fallen so low since the last real Earnhardt left the track that they have to resort to creating a Book of Dale....

And I thought I'd seen everything with these fellers..... :crackup:

Post subject: Re: The Book of Dale
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 2:24 pm 
Brainwashed Stalker

I didn't see it, but Tim Richmond was as close to Earnhart driving a car as anyone will ever be.

Cale and David Pearson too.

Before then, I dunno, other than Anthony Joseph Foyt Jr.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:36 pm 
Addicted Stalker

RacerX wrote:
I didn't see it, but Tim Richmond was as close to Earnhart driving a car as anyone will ever be.

Many say Kyle Busch is the live version.... personally, I never cared for Senior .... don't know why either.... I hear he was a good person and helped many in need.... probably needed to know that then I guess...

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 9:56 am 
Obsessed Stalker

RacerX wrote:

Yep, and while Tim Richmond can't, you won't see Cale and David out reading the Book of Dale. And AJ Foyt, he'd probably tear it up and say get me a car and I'll show you a book or two... :crackup:

They were his peers, and racing was a real sport when those guys were all doing what they did best. Now..... meh.... not so much. Too much bravado where I see a larger dose of milquetoast. That's not their fault so much, it's how they were brought up. And NASCAR's control over everything little thing they do or say.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 9:59 am 
Obsessed Stalker

mudslinger47 wrote:
RacerX wrote:

Many say Kyle Busch is the live version....

The only one I ever heard say that (not saying others did not) was Darrell Waltrip, and that was back in the day when he was having a man-love thing for Kyle. Kyle Busch is nothing like Senior, totally different culture in play there.

I think the comparisons originated out of the shock of how Ironhead left the scene, and they had to try to find somebody.

And Dale Earnhardt never picked his nose at a post race press conference when the race didn't go his way. Or destroyed a trophy guitar (Paul Stanley style ) after winning a race.

Just sayin :wave:

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 1:00 pm 
Brainwashed Stalker

Dale was tough, didn't try to be tough, just was tough.

Kyle is a prentender.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 6:47 pm 
Addicted Stalker

jlb wrote:
mudslinger47 wrote:
RacerX wrote:

The only one I ever heard say that (not saying others did not) was Darrell Waltrip, and that was back in the day when he was having a man-love thing for Kyle. Kyle Busch is nothing like Senior, totally different culture in play there.

I think the comparisons originated out of the shock of how Ironhead left the scene, and they had to try to find somebody.

And Dale Earnhardt never picked his nose at a post race press conference when the race didn't go his way. Or destroyed a trophy guitar (Paul Stanley style ) after winning a race.

Jeff Gordon said it too as well as a couple others that I can't recall the names but will give it a shot with the ole thinking cap... Gordon went one step further and talked about both of their pure raw talent... Some may take that as a complement, some may not, kinda depends on whether you cared much for Sr.

Jr. said driving wise, not personality wise there is a comparison as well as Pierson .... Pierson has said it several times... Now this is driving style, not personality.... though I don't think their personality's are very different either... both of them thought their shit didn't stink..... :mrgreen:

PS. Jr. made that comment right after their race at Richmond when Kyle got into Jr....

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 12:17 pm 
Obsessed Stalker

mudslinger47 wrote:
jlb wrote:
mudslinger47 wrote:
RacerX wrote:

Jeff Gordon said it too as well as a couple others that I can't recall the names but will give it a shot with the ole thinking cap... Gordon went one step further and talked about both of their pure raw talent... Some may take that as a complement, some may not, kinda depends on whether you cared much for Sr.

Jr. said driving wise, not personality wise there is a comparison as well as Pierson .... Pierson has said it several times... Now this is driving style, not personality.... though I don't think their personality's are very different either... both of them thought their shit didn't stink..... :mrgreen:

PS. Jr. made that comment right after their race at Richmond when Kyle got into Jr....

Jeff Gordon never raced against Dale, Sr. in his young prime. I think things would have been different had not Earnhardt got in the vicious wreck at Talladega in the summer of 1996. That took a couple of years away from his competitiveness, but he was coming back to old form in 1999 and then in 2000.

But "ifs and buts" and all of that stuff. What isn't an if or a but is that Gordon never drove against any of those guys when they were in their prime. He did drive against Kyle though so it's not really a proper comparison. And my whole premise here is not even to trash Kyle because of the comparisons. When I saw that commercial with Denny Hamlin my very first thought was.... Wow, NASCAR has a big problem.

And X made "THE" definitive statement. Earnhardt didn't act tough, he was just tough. Like a lot of the other guys he drove against back in those days. They were real men, love em or hate em, they were real men. They had to be to survive in those days.