All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Ouch
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 11:14 pm 
Brainwashed Stalker

If you think it looked bad on tv.....

Post subject: Re: Ouch
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 11:59 pm 
Addicted Stalker

Gee, I don't suppose the weather being 35 degrees on Saturday and barely 51 on Sunday had much to do with it... :roll: Heck, I won't even go to Ventura Raceway because of the weather and its only 90 miles away...

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:46 am 
Obsessed Stalker

mudslinger47 wrote:
Gee, I don't suppose the weather being 35 degrees on Saturday and barely 51 on Sunday had much to do with it... :roll: Heck, I won't even go to Ventura Raceway because of the weather and its only 90 miles away...

:crackup: at that reach for any excuse in a storm.

Atlanta had notorious unpredictable weather when it was the season ending event. And under the old points system, the champion was often crowned prior to that race. I've been there for a weekend when it was bitterly cold, rainy and cloudy but ended up dry for race day and the champion had already been decided....

and BOOM!!!! BABY, the grandstands were full.

Nice try though, I'll give you that :thumb: :wave:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 1:18 pm 
Brainwashed Stalker

The last race I attended at TMS had more attendance...and it was run on Monday after a rainout, and it was cold and windy.

Oh it's not just the front strech...they've got seats all down the backstretch that are empty. Not even open empty.

Good news: ticket prices are WAY DOWN.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:29 pm 
Addicted Stalker

Neither one of you would go to a race with the temp at 44 degrees start time.... I don't care who was running...

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:05 pm 
Brainwashed Stalker

mudslinger47 wrote:
Neither one of you would go to a race with the temp at 44 degrees start time.... I don't care who was running...

Went several times to the Winter Nationals at Devil's Bowl with it a lot colder than 44 degrees.

But yeah, I wouldn't do it for NASCAR anymore after what a decade and a half of what Brain France has done to it. :wave:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:50 am 
Obsessed Stalker

mudslinger47 wrote:

Bullshit. Four Atlanta races from 1994 through 1997 and all but one were cold and/or wet and/or windy and/or temps not topping above 50 with the sun out, if it was out. And at that time Atlanta was a 5-6 hour drive from where we lived. So I drove all that way knowing what the weather was going to be like, but hoping for the best. Tent camped two of them and that was "fun" :rok:

And check out some of the weather for the Bristol spring race when it was held in March. There was a stretch of races there where the weather was down right miserable, AND AND.... that was before we moved to Tennessee and it was an 8 hour drive to get there from where we lived, and I was there for every damn one of them. Hell, it was snowing once during a Busch race. There was even a snowball fight with the crews, drivers and fans on the frontstretch during one red flag stop for "heavy" wintry mix downpours.

And Bristol in April isn't necessarily a sunny delightful spring outing. The last couple have been rainy and in the 50's and windy at race time and that is cold in that part of Tennessee in April. And I was there for every damn bit of all of it.

You're sinking on this one fast man, bail out while you're still above water :wave:

eta

there are other races from Daytona to Talladega, where the weather was not optimal, either cold or rain and I still went. Hell, there was this one time at Daytona for the Daytona 500 where it dropped down to 27 degrees the night before the 500 and we were tent camping in the infield. It was frigging cold.

And we were still there :wave:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 12:03 pm 
Brainwashed Stalker

But crews having their own WORKING pit guns is the issue NASCAR chose to address.....

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:03 pm 
Addicted Stalker

Naw, you guys are haters for what ever reason.. they have the best racing they've had in years and you still don't get it.... Kenny Wallace said it pretty good, in the old days, the winner won by several laps, now you have 25 cars on the led lap and people bitch... Kenny is correct... :?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:15 pm 
Brainwashed Stalker

mudslinger47 wrote:
Naw, you guys are haters for what ever reason.. they have the best racing they've had in years and you still don't get it.... Kenny Wallace said it pretty good, in the old days, the winner won by several laps, now you have 25 cars on the led lap and people bitch... Kenny is correct... :?

There are 25 cars on the lead lap because NASCAR intervenes enough to make it so.

Kenny Wallace is a NASCAR shill because he knows NASCAR will hurt him if he isn't.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:45 am 
Addicted Stalker

RacerX wrote:
Kenny Wallace is a NASCAR shill because he knows NASCAR will hurt him if he isn't.

Much like both Waltrips.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:52 am 
Junior Stalker

RacerX wrote:

That goes for everyone on every network covering Nascar. They all know if they say anything that Nascar doesn't like they'd be out of work. I don't believe for a minute guys like DW and Larry Mac think things are great in Nascar. But they say it is every week. And you can bet they've been told to never say anything about empty seats. I would love to go drinking with a couple of these guys after they retire and find out what they really think. But I guess since they're willing to tow the line to get a pay cheque they're no better than the idiots running the show.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:40 am 
Obsessed Stalker

mudslinger47 wrote:

Haters?!?!?

I deem you guilty of collusion with Brian France, and punishment will be administered forthwith.

Bailiff, whack his pee-pee :wave: :crackup:

And to what Space Potato posted....

Matt, a writer of some renown, who use to be a member here and at SpeedFX and at R1 could testify to what happens when you get on the wrong side of NASCAR. Monte Dutton has alluded to this as well at various and sundry times over the years I have been following NASCAR.

NASCAR fining Dale, Jr. for saying "shit" in victory lane in 2004 was manufactured and I think because they were trying to make up for all of the "Joonyer cautions" that became chic in the early 2000's, whether they were true or not doesn't matter, NASCAR manipulated the championship that year to probably "show" that they were "fair and balanced".....

I remember how shills like Moody used that exact tact when justifying NASCAR fining the driver of car # 8.

The point is, you tow NASCAR's line or NASCAR will fuck you over.

and you think it's the weather that is the problem.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:48 am 
Brainwashed Stalker

I think we're all in agreement except for Duane.

So Duane, how much is NASCAR payin' ya? :rok: :crackup: :wave: