Board index
It is currently Sat Jun 24, 2017 1:16 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: What's the latest?
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 1:19 pm 
Stalker

Anyone still SIM Racing? I still have N2003. Picked up some of the latest mods but was wondering what the next generation sim is.

CUBS 20?? !!!!!!!

Post subject: Re: What's the latest?
PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 7:54 am 
Indicted Stalker

GTM wrote:
Anyone still SIM Racing? I still have N2003. Picked up some of the latest mods but was wondering what the next generation sim is.

iRacing is the best, but it is strictly online. NR2003 is probably still decent for racing against the AI. I've never tried ARCA Sim racing, as the opinions vary from great to "it sucks".

My 16 year old son started iRacing 8 months ago and he has now passed me in iRating. Those young reflexes are no joke. Granted, he is still mostly racing the street stock and the Super Late Model. He doesn't quite understand coil binding/bump stops that is needed with the Gen6, so I will have to help him out there when he wants to run open sets in those cars.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 10:05 pm 
Addicted Stalker

I still have NR2003 and NR2005 and alot of the mods somewhere lost on a hard drive. I might need the no cd hack. Do they still have a server or was it shut down?

Seen NASCAR 14 is out but not available for the xbox one! WTF!!?!?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 12:38 pm 
Addicted Stalker

I do some iRacing. I agree with what Bham said. If you catch it right, its about $50 per year. I havent raced in a while, but you can earn credit by racing.

It is very detailed on setup.

FWIW I've raced Jr., Jacque Villenueve, Mike whatshisname (31 car teamate of Dale Sr.) And Jr's spotter, whose name also eludes me, and Justin Labonte on there.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 1:47 pm 
Indicted Stalker

Wrangler#3 wrote:
I still have NR2003 and NR2005 and alot of the mods somewhere lost on a hard drive. I might need the no cd hack. Do they still have a server or was it shut down?

Those were the days. I remember when we had our racingstalkers league.
BTW, if you still sim race, pay attention to the development of Occulus Rift. It is currently supported by iRacing in it's development form and will of course be supported when the retail version becomes available. I've never tried it, but those who have say it's amazing.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 2:15 pm 
Grand Stalker Supreme

RacerX wrote:
I do some iRacing. I agree with what Bham said. If you catch it right, its about $50 per year. I havent raced in a while, but you can earn credit by racing.

It is very detailed on setup.

FWIW I've raced Jr., Jacque Villenueve, Mike whatshisname (31 car teamate of Dale Sr.) And Jr's spotter, whose name also eludes me, and Justin Labonte on there.

Skinner

and TJ Majors if I'm not mistaken

;)

My oldest was iRacing for a while...until he used Mom and Dad's money instead of his own :annoy:

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 7:15 pm 
Addicted Stalker

I got a media center pc hooked up to 120" projector screen last fall. Madden 25 looks awesome! I would love to try NR2003 on it I usually stick to the NFS series.

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 8:47 pm 
Addicted Stalker

Bham wrote:
Wrangler#3 wrote:

Those were the days. I remember when we had our racingstalkers league.
BTW, if you still sim race, pay attention to the development of Occulus Rift. It is currently supported by iRacing in it's development form and will of course be supported when the retail version becomes available. I've never tried it, but those who have say it's amazing.

Yeah those were the days.....hang out back trying not to wreck someone when they lapped me. Although I did win one race fair and square. LOL