Board index
It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 2:05 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 105 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: Re: Get that sonofabitch off the field
PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:34 am 
Grand Stalker Supreme

Location: America's Most Corrupt County and Fucking Proud of it.
I'm missing the mark? According to this presidential quote I hit the bullseye.

"It's really caught on. It's really caught on...

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:40 am 
Obsessed Stalker

gratz for taking this thread to page 2

now where were we? :wave:

oh, right....

This has been coming to this point for a very very long time. Don't complain now that it's here. I've been trying to tell you. Political correctness kills everything it touches. Trump isn't the author of this, but he does seem to be a willing conductor.

You do know what a conductor is, yes? Think trains, not music, although both could probably be reasonably applicable :crackup:

I am not distracted, for this NFL bullshit is at the heart of everything that is wrong with our country. Politically, culturally and morally.

Period.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:49 am 
Addicted Stalker

Louie wrote:
I'm missing the mark? According to this presidential quote I hit the bullseye.

"It's really caught on. It's really caught on...

Any idea how many of Americans agree with President Trump on the NFL deal? Let me just say, its huge.... and once again, like your voting record, your in the minority..... :mrgreen:

Trump won, and won big.....again....

I sometimes think those that oppose Trump don't understand what a real person is all about... that is Donald Trump he's as real as they get....

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 1:18 pm 
Grand Stalker Supreme

"It's really caught on". It's reall caught on".....with whom???

Youse.

Nobody else gave a flyer about a half dozen football players, and now it's become hundreds of football players and growing the number serves.....guess who? :wave:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 1:48 pm 
Obsessed Stalker

Louie wrote:
"It's really caught on". It's reall caught on".....with whom???

Youse.

Nobody else gave a flyer about a half dozen football players, and now it's become hundreds of football players and growing the number serves.....guess who? :wave:

I told you they would get a bump from this. But how does 200 millionaires kneeling for the national anthem indicate a cause that's going to rouse the serfs into protest that will save our democracy from Trump? :wave:

Trump's right about this, he just has the benefit of a lot of people not happy with the sausage making that he has brought to Washington. But you know peeps love them some sausages :crackup:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 3:14 pm 
Brainwashed Stalker

Trump's original remarks, contrary to the fake news that ran on the non-story, did not call for the firing of NFL players who kneel during the anthem.

Another media ginned up crises!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 3:45 pm 
Grand Stalker Supreme

You're half right. This is fake news....from the White House.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 3:59 pm 
Obsessed Stalker

Louie wrote:
You're half right. This is fake news....from the White House.

White House isn't responsible for attendance, TV ratings or boos from the crowds that are at the stadiums.

Btw, what do you think this is a distraction from?

That the Republicans fucked up health care again? In other words, they just further cemented their rep for being liars. Or that the Republicans might raise taxes on the rich? Gee, are Republicans really Democrats now?

Or maybe that Jared Kushner was using a government e-mail for private e-mails or a private e-mail for government comms or whatever the fuck it is... even though he forwarded all copies to his White House addy (or whatever it is)?

That North Korea is threatening to burn us down?

What exactly do you believe the distraction is here?

I'll sit here and wait for an explanation.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 6:03 pm 
Brainwashed Stalker

It's happening!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 6:40 pm 
Grand Stalker Supreme

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 7:03 pm 
Indicted Stalker

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/03/06/nfl-will-reach-14-billion-in-2017-revenue/

No doubt, the NFL is in dire straights. How will they ever feed themselves.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 7:39 pm 
Brainwashed Stalker

Nobody is claiming the NFL is closing up shop.

But without the NFL, or to a much lessor extent the NBA and MLB, there's no reason to listen to sports radio or tune in ESPN or other sports derived entities.

No reason to buy jerseys, less junk food purchased not just in the stadium but for watching parties at homes.

Are the players going to keep being disrespectful forever?

To those that say they didn't ask for this, they just want to play football (I'm looking at you Tomlin, as well as Jerrah Jones)...so why didn't you just do what you always do instead of changing up? By changing you take sides.

Oh, they'll still make money. Just not as much.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 7:59 pm 
Grand Stalker Supreme

RacerX wrote:

But without the NFL, or to a much lessor extent the NBA and MLB, there's no reason to listen to sports radio or tune in ESPN or other sports derived entities.

Interesting....is football betting down? The only people I know who listen habitually to that shit are hardcore gamblers.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:11 pm 
Obsessed Stalker

RacerX wrote:

No reason to buy jerseys, less junk food purchased not just in the stadium but for watching parties at homes.

To those that say they didn't ask for this, they just want to play football (I'm looking at you Tomlin, as well as Jerrah Jones)...so why didn't you just do what you always do instead of changing up? By changing you take sides.

No more $12 beers, or hoarding those beers before the 3rd quarter ends. No more $7 hot dogs or $10 cokes. No more $25 dollar hats and $100 dollar player jerseys.

Which brings me to the Jaguars-Ravens game in England this past Sunday. They all over out there calling Trump a racist. Because he said sonofabitch. Well, do y'all know what happened in merry old England Sunday?

Ok, I'll clue y'all in and here's a dose of perspective that I respectfully ask y'all to take into consideration. The libtard brigade is playing the racism card.

Well, the Jags and Ravens took a knee during the national anthem, but stood for God Save the Queen.

Merry old England. The once great empire upon which it has famously been claimed that the sun never set. And who played a huge role in introducing slavery to the Western World.

Yep. There's some perspective to ponder. This isn't about racism. It's about tearing the United States down and the NFL is playing every one of y'all (including me) for suckers. It has worked for a long time. They got a federal anti-trust exemption. They fleece taxpayers in cities and states for the money to build stadiums that they bring us all into and charge those afore-mentioned prices. We played along for decades because, well.... they did a good job of entertaining us and that's what we were really paying for.

They're not entertaining us. They're lecturing to us, and for all of this Mike Tomlin will have, in perpetuity for me, the face of every one of these overpaid ignorant prima-donna's. They are out of touch with the public. They are out of touch with history. They are out of touch with reality.

They won't fix this, they crossed a line this time. Oh, they'll never go away but, as I've been maintaining this past four or five days.... they're dead. And they killed themselves.

eta

What are they protesting? What are they united against?

They're idiots, dupes and pawns that are carrying water for a movement that wants to destroy this country. When their usefulness is fulfilled they will be cast aside and never thought of again. They're millionaires paid by billionaire owners that have prospered under what this country enables for all, but they side with the movement that wants to tear that down.

Idiots. Useful idiots.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:33 pm 
Indicted Stalker

jlb wrote:
RacerX wrote:

No more $12 beers, or hoarding those beers before the 3rd quarter ends. No more $7 hot dogs or $10 cokes. No more $25 dollar hats and $100 dollar player jerseys.

Which brings me to the Jaguars-Ravens game in England this past Sunday. They all over out there calling Trump a racist. Because he said sonofabitch. Well, do y'all know what happened in merry old England Sunday?

Ok, I'll clue y'all in and here's a dose of perspective that I respectfully ask y'all to take into consideration. The libtard brigade is playing the racism card.

Well, the Jags and Ravens took a knee during the national anthem, but stood for God Save the Queen.

Merry old England. The once great empire upon which it has famously been claimed that the sun never set. And who played a huge role in introducing slavery to the Western World.

Yep. There's some perspective to ponder. This isn't about racism. It's about tearing the United States down and the NFL is playing every one of y'all (including me) for suckers. It has worked for a long time. They got a federal anti-trust exemption. They fleece taxpayers in cities and states for the money to build stadiums that they bring us all into and charge those afore-mentioned prices. We played along for decades because, well.... they did a good job of entertaining us and that's what we were really paying for.

They're not entertaining us. They're lecturing to us, and for all of this Mike Tomlin will have, in perpetuity for me, the face of every one of these overpaid ignorant prima-donna's. They are out of touch with the public. They are out of touch with history. They are out of touch with reality.

They won't fix this, they crossed a line this time. Oh, they'll never go away but, as I've been maintaining this past four or five days.... they're dead. And they killed themselves.

eta

They're idiots, dupes and pawns that are carrying water for a movement that wants to destroy this country. When their usefulness is fulfilled they will be cast aside and never thought of again. They're millionaires paid by billionaire owners that have prospered under what this country enables for all, but they side with the movement that wants to tear that down.

Idiots. Useful idiots.

My, what a drama queen you are. I've been watching the NFL for years and can't remember the last time I actually saw the national anrlthem before a game. So tell me, during a 3 hour dolphins game, what percentage of it is football and what percentage is "lecturing"?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:36 pm 
Obsessed Stalker

Bham wrote:
jlb wrote:
RacerX wrote:

eta

Idiots. Useful idiots.

My, what a drama queen you are. I've been watching the NFL for years and can't remember the last time I actually saw the national anrlthem before a game. So tell me, during a 3 hour dolphins game, what percentage of it is football and what percentage is "lecturing"?

Do you feel better now?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:16 pm 
Obsessed Stalker

Watched O'Reilly on Hannity's TV show. Bill still wants to kick some ass.

Maybe they'll bring him back. They should. He didn't do anything wrong.

Anyway, saw a question aimed at Trump, something about being pre-occupied with the NFL.

This is where Trump connects, and it's so simple but far to many people - many of them quite reasonable I assume - just can't get past their emotional baggage when it comes to this sonofabitch :moon: :wave:

Anyway, Trump's response is why he's winning.

"I wasn't pre-occupied with it, I was ashamed of it".

Indeed Donald. Indeed. :rok:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 11:25 am 
Obsessed Stalker

RacerX wrote:

I was a long time Sunday ticket subscriber. Started when the NFL awarded the Jaguars to Jacsksonville. Prior to that, I could get every Dolphin game over the air, but the NFL's idiotic marxist TV policy prevented that because I (now) lived in the home town of an NFL franchise.

So, the NFL did what the NFL do best. They put on their capitalist hat, to cover their marxist scheme :D (Disclaimer: marxist/progressive/socialist/communist are all, basically, the same word to me, so at that point it's just how they're utilized and applied that creates the distinction. The NFL has been a socialist entity since the days Comrade Rozelle realized they could get rich by going socialist :D The NFL is one of the great ironies that would be used in the debate about the merits of capitalism vs. socialism. )

For the better part of the next 12 years we ponied up the money for NFL Sunday ticket. It wasn't cheap, either. It's a couple of grand I wish I had back, now. Just to see the Dolphins. The last year for us was.... 2011 I think. Might have been 2010, but at any rate we put the money into the product they were selling. I held season tickets for two years, starting the year they first opened Joe Robbie Stadium. Saw the first game played there, a preseason loss to Mike Ditka's Bears. Went to a bunch of games at the old Orange Bowl in 1985 and 1986. Including that big Monday nighter where they ended Chicago's unbeaten season. That is still the most watched game in Monday night history (I think). And it is one of the best game's I've ever seen an NFL offensive line play. And of course there was a young and upstart kid playing QB for the good guys that night. Y'all know who that was :D Point is, we put our money into the NFL, when we really probably should have put it elsewhere at the time. Drove down to every game same day, and drove back after the game. That's all we could afford, after the price of tickets.

I won't watch the Dolphins this year, but I will listen to Bob, Jimmie and Joe call their games on Sirius. When Bob, Jimmie and Joe are R-U-N-N-O-F-T'd I will be hitting the road. So, the NFL is still getting money from me, but I can live with myself over this wee little bit of indulgence. The NFL lost a lot, when they lost us. And the radio broadcast is a much tamer animal than are the partnered machinations of the networks and the NFL.

The NFL screwed up big time here, and apparently, they're going to double down. The season is almost screwed. What Jerry Jones and the Cowboys did the other night is not a solution. It's a surrender.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 11:50 am 
Grand Stalker Supreme

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 12:02 pm 
Obsessed Stalker

Louie wrote:

Let's use an embittered marriage analogy. Trump is the guy you really hate. You don't know why, but you just know you do. Meanwhile, the other guy, we can call him our friend - that's the NFL - is doing your wife out back behind the barn. And she wants to be there.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 12:49 pm 
Brainwashed Stalker

NFL Ratings.... they're G-G-G-GREAT!

Me no comprende the Trump image in the Washington emblem. What's the point?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 6:20 am 
Grand Stalker Supreme

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 8:19 am 
Brainwashed Stalker

Don't get that one either.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:31 am 
Grand Stalker Supreme

RacerX wrote:

Try and have fun with Trump....I do :wave:

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 11:08 am 
Obsessed Stalker

Louie wrote:

RacerX wrote:

Tell that to your pals on the Left. They're the ones lacking a sense of humor :wave:

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 11:52 am 
Grand Stalker Supreme

jlb wrote:
Louie wrote:

RacerX wrote:

Tell that to your pals on the Left. They're the ones lacking a sense of humor :wave:

I can only change hearts....not minds :wave:

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 11:54 am 
Grand Stalker Supreme

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 12:07 pm 
Obsessed Stalker

Louie wrote:

That's not quite as gay as the new logo. But sorry, ain't changing my mind either :wave:

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 1:39 pm 
Pron Star

Louie wrote:

eeeeewwwww

a Donald sperm.....

BWHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 1:42 pm 
Obsessed Stalker

JRM88 wrote:
Louie wrote:

eeeeewwwww

a Donald sperm.....

BWHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA

and if you've seen the logo without the mod....

definitely sperm :crackup:

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 2:39 pm 
Brainwashed Stalker

The funniest part about any of those is the part in the hair is on the wrong side.

Other than that, there's absolutely nothing remotely humorous that I can see. I don't get it.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 2:56 pm 
Obsessed Stalker

I don't get it either.

I mean, I understand what whoever is doing this is trying to do, but I just don't think it's flying. Any takers on a bet that these "logos" are part of an NFL covert operation? :crackup:

I won't be tuning in tonight, I'll be watching Hannity's interview of Rush Limbaugh, but word on the street is that the Packers are going to lead another FU for their fans, all in the name of unity of course :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:19 pm 
Pron Star

There's football on TV?

I knew our HS was playing tonight because tomorrow night is a holiday ..... matter of fact, my kids who couldn't get out of their own way last year took a highly ranked team to overtime tonight.... I wasn't there - but I checked in on them....

the other? Who?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:25 pm 
Obsessed Stalker

JRM88 wrote:
There's football on TV?

I knew our HS was playing tonight because tomorrow night is a holiday ..... matter of fact, my kids who couldn't get out of their own way last year took a highly ranked team to overtime tonight.... I wasn't there - but I checked in on them....

the other? Who?

Did they win? What was the name of the team they took to overtime?

My old alma mater might have beat their asses back in the day. And where I came from, we was farmers. Not that that matters :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 11:03 pm 
Indicted Stalker

JRM88 wrote:
There's football on TV?

the other? Who?

Texas @ Iowa State, on ESPN.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 11:16 pm 
Brainwashed Stalker

go Cyclones!!!!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 8:47 am 
Pron Star

jlb wrote:
JRM88 wrote:
There's football on TV?

the other? Who?

My old alma mater might have beat their asses back in the day. And where I came from, we was farmers. Not that that matters :lol:

Played Hunterdon Central last night....yeah, your farm boys kicked our behinds a couple weeks ago.... my lineman look like dwarfs compared to those big old farm boys

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 10:05 am 
Obsessed Stalker

JRM88 wrote:
jlb wrote:
JRM88 wrote:
There's football on TV?

the other? Who?

Played Hunterdon Central last night....yeah, your farm boys kicked our behinds a couple weeks ago.... my lineman look like dwarfs compared to those big old farm boys

Phillipsburg never played in the DRC, as it was known back then, when I was in high school. We played in the East Penn League. Only NJ school that I am aware of that played an all Pennsylvania schedule. And of course the Thanksgiving Day game with Easton goes back almost 90 years.

ESPN broadcast that game twice. Did a nice job, too. First time was in 1988. They did a nice pan out shot coming in over the hill in Phillipsburg, looking across the free bridge into Easton. The other time was 2006. :D

Nice job taking Central to overtime. I wish y'all would have whooped their asses :rok:

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 10:28 am 
Obsessed Stalker

Tiny Tim wrote:
JRM88 wrote:
There's football on TV?

the other? Who?

Did you hear about the scandal that just hit college basketball? I'm wondering if this has deeper tentacles, winding into college football. It's all speculation atm, but I wonder if anybody would be surprised if it did go much deeper.

fwiw

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 12:19 pm 
Pron Star

jlb wrote:
Tiny Tim wrote:
JRM88 wrote:
There's football on TV?

the other? Who?

Did you hear about the scandal that just hit college basketball? I'm wondering if this has deeper tentacles, winding into college football. It's all speculation atm, but I wonder if anybody would be surprised if it did go much deeper.

fwiw

Vaguely hearing rumblings.....trying not to pay attention to it.... got enough stress in my own life don't need to listen to what is causing it for others ;)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 1:09 pm 
Obsessed Stalker

JRM88 wrote:
jlb wrote:
Tiny Tim wrote:
JRM88 wrote:
There's football on TV?

the other? Who?

fwiw

Vaguely hearing rumblings.....trying not to pay attention to it.... got enough stress in my own life don't need to listen to what is causing it for others ;)

yeah, I hear ya

I mean this stuff used to be the escape :D

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 8:25 pm 
Indicted Stalker

I don't follow basketball in any way, shape, or form. Did see some headlines about a Pitino, but he didn't sound like a football coach so I just scrolled on by.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 11:02 pm 
Pron Star

jlb wrote:
JRM88 wrote:
jlb wrote:
Tiny Tim wrote:
JRM88 wrote:
There's football on TV?

the other? Who?

fwiw

yeah, I hear ya

Perhaps Rollerball (the original not that re-do crap) really isn't the way of the future....

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 2:16 am 
Obsessed Stalker

JRM88 wrote:
jlb wrote:
JRM88 wrote:
jlb wrote:
Tiny Tim wrote:
JRM88 wrote:
There's football on TV?

the other? Who?

fwiw

yeah, I hear ya

Perhaps Rollerball (the original not that re-do crap) really isn't the way of the future....

Death Race 2000 is the future.

Write it down :D

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 12:12 pm 
Obsessed Stalker

Dolphins-Saints. England.

Betrayal?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 12:48 pm 
Brainwashed Stalker

jlb wrote:
Dolphins-Saints. England.

Betrayal?

The NFL is full of jocks who largely are coddled from the time they show athletic prowess.

This coddling results in not enough time in edjumacation, unless that edjumacation is in footsball.

The coddling results in problems with authorities that don't coddle them with some issue that comes up.

They play a GAME, and even the scrubs make an obscene amount of money doing it.

Listen to what they are saying.

They are searching for a way for their life to have meaning. They "want to use their platform to right that which is wrong", so that their life will have meaning.

And so, they make a statement about the injustices of not being coddled.

And Donny Trump said mean things about them, that frankly, was kindergarten stuff compared with the dialog between cornerbacks and receivers during a typical NFL game.

So, they throw a hissy fit, because he doesn't coddle them.

"Please fans, coddle us by joining our protest, so that we will know our life will have meaning because the world is just a game, and we are merely players".

Because, disrespecting the flag and country will stop Donny Trump from saying mean things about us.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 2:18 am 
Addicted Stalker

So lets face it, its the NFL, were not dealing with an actual brain trust here...if you get my drift.... :wink:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 2:20 pm 
Obsessed Stalker

NFL and Soros sitting in a tree

Like so many have been saying.

They're out of touch with reality.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 4:48 pm 
Obsessed Stalker

Another sterling example, highlighting the failure of the American education system.

“I don’t think guys are going to like it,” Mr. McCoy told ESPN’s Adam Schefter. “I think it’s going to be an uproar if that is to happen because you’re basically taking away a constitutional right to freedom of speech. If guys wanna have a, I guess you would call it a peaceful protest, I don’t think it’s right to take that away from guys.”

Gerald McCoy, Tampa Bay Buccaneers

These guys aren't only out of touch, they're pretty dumb when it comes to civics

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:53 am 
Obsessed Stalker

Empty Seats

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 105 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next