Board index
It is currently Fri Nov 17, 2017 3:15 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Jepordy clue: The Intersection of Oxy and Moron.
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 12:06 pm 
Grand Stalker Supreme

Location: America's Most Corrupt County and Fucking Proud of it.
Where does the mandatory Patriotism Class meet?

Last edited by Louie on Thu Oct 26, 2017 12:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mandatory Voluntary Edit

Post subject: Re: Jepordy clue: The Intersection of Oxy and Moron.
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 12:14 pm 
Grand Stalker Supreme

Interesting, this "Focus on American Pride", from a Christian College.

Pride is a sin....well....they'll be forgiven.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 10:09 pm 
Obsessed Stalker

I don't have a problem with it. Because one does not have to choose to go there.

But it's sad and explains the methods needed to make up for where public schools have dropped the ball on lower level education.

One word.

Civics.

Another word that is apropos.

Responsibility.

both words go together very well and pretty much cover the entire circle.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 10:40 pm 
Addicted Stalker

Louie, did you bother to read the first sentence? Private Christian College

After reading the article, I like what they stand for.... you should read about the major college in Mo. they got problems, plummeting enrollment and losing there donors... and I'm sure you know why with out having to google it....

I did it for you:

Now, with state funding trimmed by a conservative legislature and ever fewer high school graduates headed to Columbia, the school is laying off people even as it pours money into promotion — and reputation repair — like never before.

“This is the worst enrollment performance of any flagship university in the country. That cannot continue,” Republican Gov. Eric Greitens said in a statement last week. “The University of Missouri has lacked strong leadership for far too long.”

Read more here: http://www.kansascity.com/news/state/mi ... rylink=cpy

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 7:45 am 
Grand Stalker Supreme

When did love of government become something private religious schools felt they had to bolster?

Timing is a little suspect. This is political correctness kids. :wave:

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:46 am 
Addicted Stalker

Louie wrote:
When did love of government become something private religious schools felt they had to bolster?

Timing is a little suspect. This is political correctness kids. :wave:

When is love of country a bad thing? It says nothing about the government, but that is a typical lib ploy to sway the argument... nice try but it failed....

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 12:05 pm 
Brainwashed Stalker

Private school. I have no issue with it.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 8:12 pm 
Addicted Stalker

RacerX wrote:

I don't have an issue with it in public school..... Lord knows no one is teaching history any more...

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 2:13 am 
Obsessed Stalker

mudslinger47 wrote:
RacerX wrote:

I don't have an issue with it in public school..... Lord knows no one is teaching history any more...

I do not believe Christian theology should be taught in public schools. That's what churches are for. That is what private, religiously based, schools are for.

Besides, it's not about what is taught in public schools, it is what is tolerated in public schools. Kids who believe in God are often ridiculed and mocked. Hell that was the case when I was in high school back in the 70's. We thought it was funny to mock the bible thumpers. We were wrong, but we were also kids. Young, dumb, full of <censored>, six feet tall and bullet proof. I imagine in this SJW climate it is considerably worse because back then nobody mocked (or tried to eradicate) nativity scenes in public places. And Merry Christmas was still acceptable nomenclature to express the sentiments of the season.

Nowadays, not so much.

Anyway, if you want to entertain an elective class comparing creation science against Darwinian evolution.... I'm down with that :rok:

They won't do that, though. Creation science is very persuasive. :wink:

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 12:37 pm 
Addicted Stalker

jlb wrote:
mudslinger47 wrote:
RacerX wrote:

I do not believe Christian theology should be taught in public schools. That's what churches are for. That is what private, religiously based, schools are for.

Besides, it's not about what is taught in public schools, it is what is tolerated in public schools. Kids who believe in God are often ridiculed and mocked. Hell that was the case when I was in high school back in the 70's. We thought it was funny to mock the bible thumpers. We were wrong, but we were also kids. Young, dumb, full of <censored>, six feet tall and bullet proof. I imagine in this SJW climate it is considerably worse because back then nobody mocked (or tried to eradicate) nativity scenes in public places. And Merry Christmas was still acceptable nomenclature to express the sentiments of the season.

Nowadays, not so much.

Anyway, if you want to entertain an elective class comparing creation science against Darwinian evolution.... I'm down with that :rok:

A private Christian college in Missouri is making freshmen take a course aimed at encouraging patriotism.
The College of the Ozarks has unveiled a military science class called "Patriotic Education and Fitness," which combines existing ROTC and physical education courses with a focus on American pride.
The course aims to educate students on modern military customs, U.S. politics and flag protocol and procedures. It will also teach rifle marksmanship, map reading, land navigation and rope knotting.
“Patriotic education is not inherited. It must be taught, it must be modeled, it must be emphasized," College of the Ozarks President Jerry Davis said.

But it doesn't say anything about teaching God, evolution or anything about it... hence my reasoning for it being in public school..... looks to me like simply love of country and understanding how we got here....

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 2:28 pm 
Obsessed Stalker

mudslinger47 wrote:
jlb wrote:
mudslinger47 wrote:
RacerX wrote:

Nowadays, not so much.

A private Christian college in Missouri is making freshmen take a course aimed at encouraging patriotism.
The College of the Ozarks has unveiled a military science class called "Patriotic Education and Fitness," which combines existing ROTC and physical education courses with a focus on American pride.
The course aims to educate students on modern military customs, U.S. politics and flag protocol and procedures. It will also teach rifle marksmanship, map reading, land navigation and rope knotting.
“Patriotic education is not inherited. It must be taught, it must be modeled, it must be emphasized," College of the Ozarks President Jerry Davis said.

But it doesn't say anything about teaching God, evolution or anything about it... hence my reasoning for it being in public school..... looks to me like simply love of country and understanding how we got here....

Troof.

But you still have to acknowledge God when you teach how we got here. How they got to where they got, even though a lot of them were not God fearing men. For the record, I don't equate God fearing with church attendance.

No, they were fresh off almost 13 centuries of religious persecution of one form or another. They understood nature and nature's God. They understood persecution, and that a just God does not run his kingdom with such methods. They also understood that ignorance breeds all form of deplorable and vile behavior. Even a casual reading of any of their writings will reveal as much as all of that.