Board index
It is currently Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:39 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: SOTU
PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 1:59 pm 
Obsessed Stalker

I know it's theatrics and show and that Republicans sit (or don't clap) when a Democrat is President and vice-versa but having said that....

The Democrats looked pissed and miserable.

The problem with this is simple.

When Republicans do it, they're showboating. When Democrats do it, they're serious. Not standing for some of the guests Trump focused upon is low, by any standard we measure either party by, imo.

Oh, I thought Trump knocked it out of the park. And I watched the Democrat response by Kennedy?

WTF was he talking about? Anybody that saw it, can you help a brother out here please?

Post subject: Re: SOTU
PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 2:10 pm 
Obsessed Stalker

Best line of the night

Americans are dreamers, too....

:rok:

Which prefaced all of his remarks about immigration.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 2:50 pm 
Addicted Stalker

I didn't watch the meat of it. Flipped back and forth to it a few times while Trump was introducing guests.

Dems had, like 6 rebuttals, the official one being a Kennedy drooling and babbling incoherently.

CBS says 75% liked the speech. That's a grand slam for the Trumpinator.

No matter what he says, results matter. And results have been killing it for the better part of a year.

The media have shot their wad, and the people are tired of it. But the media will keep jacking off.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:14 pm 
Obsessed Stalker

RacerX wrote:
But the media will keep jacking off.

Probably has something to do with Stormy Daniel's MAHA tour :crackup:

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 1:31 am 
Addicted Stalker

I watched the pundits and let them tell me what to think about the speech ... a couple of Blondes on Fox I think...

I had Bible study.... higher source if you get my drift...

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 1:33 am 
Addicted Stalker

I wonder who the Democrats thought they were playing to....I don't find anyone, even on their side that thinks they did right.... :?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 7:05 am 
Addicted Stalker

The most recent winner of the Kennedy ovarian lottery found a way.......

Liberals Offended By Joe Kennedy’s Spanish

Rep. Joe Kennedy III addressed DACA recipients in Spanish during his response to President Donald Trump’s State of the Union address Tuesday night.

Unfortunately for him, the liberal base may have found his attempts to be more offensive than they were honorable. People pointed out his lack of fluency and the obvious attempt to pander to immigrants.

Multiple people noted that it could be “condescending” to assume that DACA recipients do not speak English and need to be addressed in Spanish.

“News alert: dreamers speak more English than Spanish,” Father Jonathan Morris tweeted. “They came here as kids.”.......

Fun fact: "babear" means "to drool".....in Espanol.

"Love the Sinner, hate the sin" ~~St. Augustine, roughly translated from the phrase "Cum dilectione hominum et odio vitiorum"

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 1:08 pm 
Obsessed Stalker

Democrat Party's zero sum game

At least one thing is clear after President Trump’s first State of the Union speech. If the idea was to reach across the aisle for bipartisanship, the Democrats are having none of it. The evening may have featured a vow by Mr. Trump to extend an “open hand.” The overarching aim of the Democrats is holding out for control of the House — and then impeachment.

Never mind that Mr. Trump had a lot to talk about — a booming stock market, historic tax reform, quickening growth, jobs and profits coming home. Even before the president spoke, Democrats were sending sullen signals. Congresswoman Judy Chu of California reportedly refused to stand when Mr. Trump entered. She sat reading a newspaper.

The Democrats seemed to resent the guests that were seated near the First Lady. They included, among many, an Air Force enlisted woman who emerged a hero of the Houston flood, a convert to Christianity who’d made an epic escape from North Korea, and four broken-hearted parents of two Long Island teenage girls slain by members of an illegal-immigrant gang.

“Three hundred and twenty million hearts are right now breaking for you,” the president looked up and told them. “We love you.”

Yet Washington Post columnist Jennifer Rubin called the speech “entirely lacking in empathy.”

Yep, that about covers it.