Board index
It is currently Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:47 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: The Bipartisan Budget Busting Act.
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:55 pm 
Grand Stalker Supreme

Location: America's Most Corrupt County and Fucking Proud of it.
Is half a trillion borrowed a trifle or a lot of fucking money??

Post subject: Re: The Bipartisan Budget Busting Act.
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 2:34 pm 
Obsessed Stalker

It's worse than that. I'll try to keep this condensed, but don't hold me to it.

It's spend spend spend spend. Trump's lament this morning about having to accept more spending to get defense aside, he has the veto pen. But let's be honest here, President's get far far too much of the blame for this, and that gets to the real problem and that would be Congress.

I don't know what to say, but this Republican Congress gave Obama everything he wanted in December 2015, the idea being that it got it off the table for the election year. Bush spent like a drunken sailor, we're told. Obama accumulated more debt in less than eight years than all 43 whom preceded him. Clinton balanced the budget. It's all bullshit.

I don't want to hear about rules. They make the rules, they can change them. I don't want to hear about doing the business of the people. You can't spend like this. And the public definitively and explicitly told them in every election since 2010. Yet here we are.

Again.

There is more than enough money coming in, and here's the really fucking scary part. We're not even factoring in the entitlement monster that is going to eat all of us alive, because entitlements are off-budget items. Congress is completely and solely responsible. And WTF is it with holding military spending hostage to social welfare spending? WTF is that? Defense budget is bloated too, so don't get me wrong. We need ships. We need pilots. We need inventories for spare parts replenished big time.

There are never any cuts, and they just took a willing Trump along with the Swamp thing. And that gets me to the real heartbreak here, for me at least and that is the same Republicans that lied about their conservative bonafides went all libtard on spending instead of sending a real conservative bill that addressed spending cuts, real spending cuts, and Trump would have signed it. They had the Democrats on the ropes, but they backed off. Not out of mercy, but because they really aren't much different than the Democrats.

That is depressing, and that is the Republican Party and that is why I left them in December 2015.

On my personal list of profound immoral behavior, this attitude of spending is only one notch below this nation's sanctioning of abortion on demand. My grandkids kids haven't been born yet, and they're already fucked. We're robbing from future generations, and we will pay for this. And it is going to be terrible.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 3:02 pm 
Grand Stalker Supreme

We need a President of "No" willing to take override arrows.

I know that's tough. We have a Governor of "No" here and he's not looking like a solidly reelected kind of guy.

Last edited by Louie on Fri Feb 09, 2018 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 3:03 pm 
Addicted Stalker

F Congress

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:51 pm 
Obsessed Stalker

Louie wrote:
We need a President of "No" willing to take override arrows.

I know that's tough. We have a Governor of "No" here and he's not looking like a solidly reelected kind of guy.

I must correct - somewhat - my comment in the other post. Under Obama, they actually really did cut the military.

But, and nobody debate me on this because I'm right and by experience, not world-view.

Real cuts in the military involve personnel. Period. The fancy expensive wet-dream weapon system programs are sacrosanct.

We need ships. We need planes. We need people to fly those planes and man those ships. We need spare parts for those ships and planes and tanks.

That's the stuff that got gutted under Obama.

And who the hell signed on to the deal that every dollar spent on the military means a dollar must be spent on social welfare programs such as food stamps? What band of merry frelling genius' came up with that concept?

This is heart-breaking, for me. Sincerely. We are being governed by people who don't have a clue about anything but their own personal and financial self-aggrandizement. When it all implodes, political morons like McConnell and Schumer and Pelosi and Ryan.... they'll all be fine. The rest of us, we gotta worry about keeping our homes, our retirement and our jobs.

Trump will be gone in 3-7 years. These people never go away. And we keep having these half-assed arguments about shit that revolves around "how people feel"....

The NFL still can't figure out why it's in decline, but if they cared they could start there. It's all about the bullshit.

And Americans.... far to many of us.... we love our bullshit. Especially if it makes us a good living.

That can not (and will not) be sustained in perpetuity.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:18 pm 
Grand Stalker Supreme

Rand Paul said we should declare victory in Afghanistan, GTFO, and then have a parade.

I’d add....Declare victory in Japan, Germany, The U.K., Syria, Iraq, Gitmo, and the 2002 Indianapolis 500.

Then put all displaced troops on the border.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:33 pm 
Addicted Stalker

Louie wrote:
Rand Paul said we should declare victory in Afghanistan, GTFO, and then have a parade.

I’d add....Declare victory in Japan, Germany, The U.K., Syria, Iraq, Gitmo, and the 2002 Indianapolis 500.

I'd vote for that....

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:09 pm 
Grand Stalker Supreme

mudslinger47 wrote:
Louie wrote:

I'd vote for that....

Borders matter.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:30 pm 
Addicted Stalker

Louie wrote:
mudslinger47 wrote:
Louie wrote:

I'd vote for that....

Borders matter.

I want the wall with the Troops..... They can shoot what climbs over.... or under...