Board index
It is currently Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:02 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Marriage is a great anti-poverty program.
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:00 am 
Addicted Stalker

So why does government discourage it?

It’s National Marriage Week USA from now through the end of Wednesday (Valentine’s Day). The week is designed to promote the benefits of marriage – financial stability, better health, greater happiness and healthier kids. Other goals are to strengthen individual marriages, reduce the divorce rate and build a culture that fosters strong marriages.

Marriage is one of the most effective anti-poverty programs around. But far too often, government assistance programs for people with low incomes discourage marriage, because tying the knot reduces government welfare assistance payments......

From the Article:
According to the Brookings Institution, the U.S. would have 25 percent less poverty today if we had the marriage rates we had in 1970 (79 percent of U.S. adults were married then, versus only 52 percent today). Cutting the poverty rate by a quarter would of course benefit individuals who escape poverty, and also benefit government and taxpayers by cutting the amount that needs to be spent on assistance to poor people.

And according to the Heritage Foundation, when parents are married the probability of a child living in poverty drops by an amazing amount – 82 percent.

LBJ was a racist. The Great Society....was a way to destroy the black family, and make more folks dependent on GOVERNMENT.

Man come along.....say he gonna' put mo' money in yo' pocket. Who you gonna ' vote for? :dunno:

"Love the Sinner, hate the sin" ~~St. Augustine, roughly translated from the phrase "Cum dilectione hominum et odio vitiorum"

Post subject: Re: Marriage is a great anti-poverty program.
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:52 am 
Grand Stalker Supreme

Location: America's Most Corrupt County and Fucking Proud of it.
A marriage of committed partners. Hardly covers all.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:41 pm 
Addicted Stalker

Tex, your giving a Democrat an awful lot of credence for being very intelligent as far as your breaking up the Black family... I don't think they cares one way or the other, they saw a group of people they could buy.... and so far, its worked.... JMO :annoy:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:32 pm 
Obsessed Stalker

texracr wrote:

LBJ was a racist.

What was it LBJ said about his Great Society programs.....

oh yeah, and it may be slightly paraphrased, but the gist of it is clear....

you guys need to support me on this and we'll have these niggers voting Democrat for 200 years. :eek:

yeah, LBJ was a class act and this should not be surprising, after all he was a Democrat and Democrats are the party of racists, historically and presently. I would qualify that and say not all Democrats, but I'm not going there frankly because I'm sick and tired of every little bitty thing being qualified or pre-texted on some politically correct supposition.

You folks who are Democrats, you know your hearts. And if you study history, you'll know that I am correct about the Democrat Party. It is not me that paints a broad brush, it is the party you affiliate with and they paint with a broad brush quite well all on their own. Have been for close to since the existence of the Republic.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:09 pm 
Addicted Stalker

Are you fellers talking about reverse racism?

They had to change the name because "reverse racism" is still racism.

Racist policy aside, them folks in the 60's sometimes had better sense than modern day snowflakes.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:44 pm 
Indicted Stalker

Look no further than our President. He is a shining example of what can happen to someone when they show and practice commitment to a spouse. Pure integrity that should make all Christians proud. I'm undecided as to what is more impressive, his devotion to the family unit or his military valor that he showed when this country was needing young men to serve. Others may run and hide or chase skanks out of wedlock, but not MAGA.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:01 pm 
Addicted Stalker

Bham wrote:
Look no further than our President. He is a shining example of what can happen to someone when they show and practice commitment to a spouse. Pure integrity that should make all Christians proud. I'm undecided as to what is more impressive, his devotion to the family unit or his military valor that he showed when this country was needing young men to serve. Others may run and hide or chase skanks out of wedlock, but not MAGA.

Vietnam? We didn't need people to serve then. We needed not to be involved in that Democrat created disaster.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:40 am 
Obsessed Stalker

Bham wrote:

Did you serve in Vietnam?

A close family member perhaps? Or more than one, perhaps?

Just curious.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:11 am 
Addicted Stalker

Bham wrote:

That's the problem, you don't understand forgiveness , God passes it out freely, all you have to do is believe and ask.... read the Bible , like maybe Jesus at the well..... or maybe Jesus on the Cross.... maybe then you'll get the idea.... I rather doubt it... Your to cowardly anyway....

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:40 am 
Indicted Stalker

mudslinger47 wrote:
Bham wrote:

That's the problem, you don't understand forgiveness , God passes it out freely, all you have to do is believe and ask.... read the Bible , like maybe Jesus at the well..... or maybe Jesus on the Cross.... maybe then you'll get the idea.... I rather doubt it... Your to cowardly anyway....

Would you like to try another bullshit answer? That one didn't work.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.businessinsider.com/trump-on-god-i-dont-like-to-have-to-ask-for-forgiveness-2016-1

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:59 pm 
Addicted Stalker

Bham wrote:
mudslinger47 wrote:
Bham wrote:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.businessinsider.com/trump-on-god-i-dont-like-to-have-to-ask-for-forgiveness-2016-1

Thats the best ya got? two years ago? Things change, but I wouldn't expect anyone as dumb as you to realize that....

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:28 pm 
Indicted Stalker

mudslinger47 wrote:
Bham wrote:
mudslinger47 wrote:
Bham wrote:

Thats the best ya got? two years ago? Things change, but I wouldn't expect anyone as dumb as you to realize that....

I've provided fact. You haven't. Have you got anything to show otherwise? Didn't think so.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:39 pm 
Addicted Stalker

Bham wrote:
mudslinger47 wrote:
Bham wrote:
mudslinger47 wrote:
Bham wrote:

I've provided fact. You haven't. Have you got anything to show otherwise? Didn't think so.

Actually, you've provided info that was known so actually you have provided nothing..... The problem with clowns like you is you don't understand God and forgiveness.... Read the Bible, its in there.... Try the story about Jesus on the cross between the two criminals...maybe then you'll get it.... though, you are pretty slow....