Board index
It is currently Sun Apr 22, 2018 8:08 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: What if it works?
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 6:59 pm 
Grand Stalker Supreme

Location: America's Most Corrupt County and Fucking Proud of it.
FOX News reports.

Post subject: Re: What if it works?
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 9:13 pm 
Brainwashed Stalker

As long as the reasons are legit.

It is terribly sad we can't have more faith in judges these days, but too many abuse their perceived authority. Especially in blue areas, like Washington.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 10:01 pm 
Addicted Stalker

I can see the ice forming on the slope..... Not that its a bad law, but it will be abused.... Anytime, and I should say everytime, you give the government a tool to work with they abuse it to the enth degree..... Should I mention FISA warrant here? Now, can the person who's gun is taken away petition to get is fire arm back when he's better? :?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 7:23 am 
Grand Stalker Supreme

mudslinger47 wrote:
I can see the ice forming on the slope..... Not that its a bad law, but it will be abused.... Anytime, and I should say everytime, you give the government a tool to work with they abuse it to the enth degree..... Should I mention FISA warrant here? Now, can the person who's gun is taken away petition to get is fire arm back when he's better? :?

If you'd have read the article.....

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 12:06 pm 
Addicted Stalker

Louie wrote:
mudslinger47 wrote:

If you'd have read the article.....

I did read the article, but not with Pollyanna eyes..... still government involvement... and if your brother is pissed at you or a myriad of other reasons... it will get abused.... :wis:

Like I said, I see the ice forming on the slope...

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 12:47 pm 
Obsessed Stalker

Louie wrote:

It won't work, and is just a precedent for some really scary shit if it's not resisted.

The same shit you insinuated at Duane, ostensibly assuming he didn't read the article. All you gotta do is get your wife or some family member or some co-worker pissed off at you and all of a sudden an anonymous call to some government agency is made and you are getting your door knocked down in the middle of the night. This is how women co-opted the work environment, by weaponizing their vaginas.

The government is synonymous with arrogance, stupidity and abuse.

Last edited by jlb on Tue Apr 03, 2018 12:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 12:50 pm 
Grand Stalker Supreme

jlb wrote:
Louie wrote:

It won't work, and is just a precedent for some really scary shit if it's not resisted.

It answers your due process concerns in more than one way

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 12:53 pm 
Obsessed Stalker

Louie wrote:
jlb wrote:
Louie wrote:

It answers your due process concerns in more than one way

There is no due process, this is just another end run around the 2nd Amendment.

eta, the ACA was written to allow similar encroachments to occur via health screenings.

This is hideous and invasive.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 12:55 pm 
Grand Stalker Supreme

I favor a government willing to error on the side of liberty but we’ve proven the status quo is a failure. We shouldn’t allow our government to error again and again and again

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 1:22 pm 
Obsessed Stalker

Louie wrote:
I favor a government willing to error on the side of liberty but we’ve proven the status quo is a failure. We shouldn’t allow our government to error again and again and again

The status quo is not a failure of liberty, yet it is liberty that is always breached as the pivot for fixing some perceived problem.

That's not a recipe for freedom.

And why does Scott Israel still have a job? Up to 30 states want to consider the premise proposed in your opening link but the people that are part of the government of Broward County who screwed up royally are still employed despite the fact that 17 people are dead. There is a huge pot of ranting tied to Mueller and the take-Trump-out-movement that I can tie into this point, but I'll save that for another day :wave:

Why is my liberty all of a sudden up for discussion when I was no where near or in any way involved with the screw-up perpetrated by the government of that county in Florida?

It's always liberty and freedom put on trial, while most clamor for more government. It is insanity personified.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 11:55 pm 
Addicted Stalker

And you mentioned the problem with it, Louie, the government... there has never ever been a program that the government hasn't overstepped it boundaries.... never... and that is the begining of the slope and ice.. :|

In theory, its a good idea, get the guns away from the mentally ill, like the guy in Florida maybe... but the government already effed that up with their cover up of the bad deeds the young man had already done.... can't get any more clear then that...

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 7:53 am 
Brainwashed Stalker

Louie wrote:

Oh I don't know about that. Millions of guns never kill anyone, so, that's a rousing success, not failure.

Besides, this doesn't prevent the government erroring....it increases the opportunity to err.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 12:05 pm 
Obsessed Stalker

RacerX wrote:
Besides, this doesn't prevent the government erroring....it increases the opportunity to err.

And abuse.