Board index
It is currently Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:54 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Prayers needed; Local Driver Hurt..(Update)
PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:56 pm 
Help Me! I can't stop stalking!!!

I first met Jim back when I was helping Tech the Thunder car series, one of the nicest guys you could meet, the car always passed.
Quote:

Beloved friend, Jim Miller, of Miller Family Racing, was in a serious crash at the fast 1/4 Wenatchee Valley Super Oval yesterday ( July 16 20147). Jim is currently in a medically induced coma and being transported to Harborview Medical Center in Seattle

No link to Go fund Me here
We are hoping to raise funds on behalf of the Miller Family to ease the immense financial burden of Jim's medical expenses. With your help, we hope to aid Jim on his long and costly road to recovery.

However there there has been $16,589 raised in by 98 people in 9 hours in our awesome racing and supportive community, both here and in the US (we are all family)

Last edited by LA Bill on Sun Oct 01, 2017 7:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Prayers needed; Local Driver Hurt..
PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:56 am 
Pron Star

Prayers sent

:prayers:

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:04 pm 

An Update from the Family

Quote:
Miller Family Racing
2 hrs ·
First off the entire Miller family would like to thank everyone for their continuous generous support. Seeing the community come together for Jim has touched all of our hearts. All the positive messages and thoughts have really helped our family get through this difficult time. Although Jim is still in a coma, we have been telling him about all the love and support he has been getting. We received some positive news this morning regarding Jims status. Jim received an MRI on Tuesday night because the doctors were thinking he had an injury in his brain stem called diffuse axonal injury (DAI) which would be worst case scenario. We received the results this morning and Dr Rapport, Jims neuro doctor, informed us that he did not have DAI in his brain stem but there were small areas in other parts of the brain that were affected, but he does not believe that they will cause any severe disabilities. We want to inform everyone that nothing is for certain and Jim has a very long road to recovery with an unknown time frame. He also fractured his T5 and T6 vertebrae as well as a few rib fractures that do not require surgery and will heal over time.
Thanks to everyone that has donated to the go fund me account created by Cody Brown and Western Speedway for their generous support

#Millerstrong

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:03 am 
Pron Star

:prayers: continuing....

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Post subject: Re: Prayers needed; Local Driver Hurt.. (update)
PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:50 pm 

Update
Quote:
Miller Family Racing
6 mins ·
Dear family, friends, and fans,
We apologize for the lack of updates on Jim's status. Bare with us as we are trying to balance updating everyone, with Jim's personal privacy.
So here is an update. On July 30th Jim opened his eyes for the first time. On the 4th of August Jim was taken out of the ICU at Victoria general hospital and put into the neurological ward of the hospital. He is moving his left arm and hand pretty good. His right arm, right leg, and left leg are slowly starting to regain movement. At this point we do not know how much movement he will regain but we are thinking positively and taking it day by day. Every day Jim seems to become more aware and conscious, He is breathing on his own, we will keep you all posted on any other major improvements.
At this time, we ask that Jim be left alone to rest. We will let everyone know when he is doing well enough for visitors
Thanks again for everyone's support, thoughts and prayers.
The Miller's

:prayers:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:55 am 
Addicted Stalker

Prayers and best thoughts being sent to this racer.

(Sorry I missed the original post)

Post subject: Re: Prayers needed; Local Driver Hurt..(Update)
PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 7:02 pm 

A Message from the Miller Family.
Quote:
Update on Jim:

To our fans, supporters and friends sorry it has been so long since our last update about Jim. We wanted to let everyone know he is making some small improvements week by week. At this point Jim is able to move both arms and legs, he is able to talk, although, it is very mumbled and he is often confused. We are hoping this week to get Jim on a strict physiotherapy schedule and start doing some speech exercises so that he will be able to eat and communicate better. It is still very unknown what the final outcome will be, but we are keeping positive and keeping Jim motivated. We can't thank everyone enough for all the support, we tell Jim everyday how much he is supported by his friends, family, and the racing community. We are still asking that Jim be surrounded only by his family at this point. We will keep everyone posted on when he is ready to take more visitors. Thank you.

Keep fighting Jim You've got this.

Post subject: Re: Prayers needed; Local Driver Hurt..(Update 2, Encouragin
PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 4:13 pm 

A message From the Miller Family..
Quote:
An update on Jim:

We apologize for the lack of updates but Jim’s recovery is going to be long so we figured we’d space them out a bit.

Jim is progressing nicely and has made big strides since the last update. He is now talking pretty clearly, although he mistakes the odd word. He is eating now and is getting his strength back more and more every day. He can stand up basically by himself but has assistance if needed. He has been riding the sit down bike and going for small walks with a stand up walker. He has started to remember who his family is and is now calling us by name. He gets confused about why he is in the hospital, what happened to him, and at times is convinced he is ready to go home. We are doing our best to keep him positive and motivated to keep pushing himself. As of Friday, November 24 Jim has moved to the rehabilitation floor where he is attending Physio, speech therapy, and occupational therapy five times a week. This will continue until January 11, 2018. At this point the doctor and therapist will reassess Jim. To see if he is well enough to come home or we have to put him in a long term care unit.

We’d again like to thank all of our team, friends, fans, family and supporters for everything you’ve done to make this trying time a little easier for our family. It has meant the world to us and we couldn’t do it without you.

Post subject: Re: Prayers needed; Local Driver Hurt..(Update)
PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 1:04 pm 
Addicted Stalker

One step at a time - keep fighting!